Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 04:26 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah he’s just a pencil necked geek ...

“He has written seven books, the first being 2004's Brainwashed: How Universities Indoctrinate America's Youth, which he started writing when he was 17 years old. Also at age 17, he became the youngest nationally syndicated columnist in the country.”
And she’s another reality tv cast off like our president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 05:42 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Shapiro is just a statist neo-con.

He hides it with claims of small government conservatism but most of his supported economic policies are to benefit his corporate backers (which he has).

Second he is passionate about defending state violence and justifying US/Israel/Saudi violence in the Mid East.

There is nothing original to his intellect, he comes from a line of similar mainstream commentators with little historical awareness except for the ones that are common talking points for the MIC.

He talks fast, sure. But he is just a new package for the same old content this country has been sold for decades.
That is some hard truth since I really like Shapiro. IMO, he is the best debater in the country right now. As others pointed out he does his homework and is prepared and he can really bring it. I like listening to him and have watched a few videos of debates and speeches. Still I keep it in the back of my mind that he is a neo con and that is the only thing I dislike about him.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:09 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
And she’s another reality tv cast off like our president.
Yeah he had a reality tv show and also ran this little company called the Trump Organization that has over 20,000 employees.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:50 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Quote:
Yeah he had a reality tv show and also ran this little company called the Trump Organization that has over 20,000 employees.
Not impressed by a man who doesn’t pay back loans, hires people and doesn’t pay them, has a multitude of bankruptcies, cheats, lies and cons people. But thanks for playing.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:51 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
I don't like Lahren's style of speaking, she is too shrill and militant.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
That is some hard truth since I really like Shapiro. IMO, he is the best debater in the country right now. As others pointed out he does his homework and is prepared and he can really bring it. I like listening to him and have watched a few videos of debates and speeches. Still I keep it in the back of my mind that he is a neo con and that is the only thing I dislike about him.
I find his voice irritating and him a little smug at times but he's a clever debater.

My oldest is like Shapiro. Don't get into a debate with him because a) he's done his research and only will debate when he is thoroughly informed; b) they have the verbage to talk just about anyone under the table and c) they are relentless and will win at all costs. lol

Old 07-10-2018, 07:56 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Tomi Lahren is 25 years old. How did she somehow become one of the most popular talking heads for the right?

She's easy to look at, I'll give her that. But what does she know about the real world? And what experience does she have in politics to where millions tune in/listen to what she has to say? She is only three years removed from college.

Ben Shapiro is very intelligent and knows politics, but he's an *******.

They're both tools in my book.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:11 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
That's his claim. As with his revenue, it's not substantiated. He claimed to be the biggest employer in NJ (known lie) and then all his businesss there refused to disclose employment numbers.

His offices in NYC have a couple dozen people. Only a dozen of his "20,000" employees gave $200 or more to his campaign.

Out of whatever number it really is, how many are imported foreign help?

Old 07-10-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
That's his claim. As with his revenue, it's not substantiated. He claimed to be the biggest employer in NJ (known lie) and then all his businesss there refused to disclose employment numbers.

His offices in NYC have a couple dozen people. Only a dozen of his "20,000" employees gave $200 or more to his campaign.

Out of whatever number it really is, how many are imported foreign help?
So his company isn’t big enough now ? Which one is it ? That’s funny.

Did you know Berkshire Hathaway HQ only has a couple dozen employees too in Omaha? Yet their businesses employ hundreds of thousands .

Having a lot of executives isn’t a sign of a successful well run company .

“That included just 25 people at Berkshire's headquarters office -- a testament to Buffett's decentralized management structure, which entrusts business unit leaders to make the best possible decisions with minimal bureaucracy.“

https://www.fool.com/investing/gener...-hathaway.aspx

Old 07-10-2018, 08:25 AM

Here’s an article about the Trump Organization from CNN since some here will only believe something if it’s on CNN

#48 largest private company in the country .

https://money.cnn.com/2016/12/15/inv...ivate-company/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies