Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 04:58 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,103,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He starts is also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
President Trump doesn't start it. Unlike most GOP politicians, however, he gives it back twice as bad as he gets it. That's called having a backbone and is different.

Moving along, this temper tantrum against Mitch is disgraceful. Reminds me of all the childhood bullies in the neighborhood I grew up with. They, like the bullies confronting the GOP officials, don't seem to have amounted to very much.

Whenever I think of Trump I think of the childhood bullies. I mean his nasty, hateful name calling
and tweeting is not only childish, it's reminiscent of a Middle School Bully....I can't believe that we have a President who has such low ethical and moral standards (on almost all fronts) and who acts so intolerant and childish in his public actions. It is embarrassing and it is a disgrace. He is bringing down the whole
Republican Party (and it only makes it that much worse that most of the other GOP Leaders will not stand up to him.) After winning the Presidency most Presidents go out of their way to Unite Our Citizens and
pull our Country back together after the elections....it seems that Trump went out of his way (and continues to do) to rip our country further apart (There are people in both parties who are guilty of this
to one degree or another also....but he is the King of it all) He has Verbally attacked our Free Press,
Our Law Enforcement Agencies, Our Judicial System, Various members of the Congress (including his own party members on occasion.) He is setting the tone. He has bragged that he could even Pardon himself. So much respect for the law...He thinks that he is above and beyond it.

America is the Great Melting Pot, and a nation of
Immigrants....We need Immigration laws of course, but ripping children away from their Mothers and taking them away and putting them in cages in some circumstances, is beyond anything a decent human being would do....These people are Refugees, from South America seeking Sanctuary in the United States,
and this is how we treat them? Welcome to Trump's America! He is banning a whole Religion?
Well, so much for people coming here to be able to practice their Religion, without persecution.
He is going against everything America has stood for throughout History.

He is now name calling (like a childhood bully) our Closest Allies, while embracing Brutal Dictators and Tyrants. Russia attacked our Country through Cyber Espionage and tried to influence our elections...what does he do but embrace Putin and Praise him, while insulting and snubbing our Allies. What are we suppose to make of this? We are suppose to just sit back while this is par for the course, all these actions which are imperiling our Beloved Country?

I do think whatever Protestor said "we know where you live" was wrong...but all the rest....they

have a right of free speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 07:38 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Unlike all the innocents he murdered with his drones. But you'll look the other way because he's black. Understood.
Glad you understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And the bolded was very evident when he was out on the water with Branson after leaving office.

IMO, part of why what I bolded above is the case is that he's self contained/can amuse himself/finds stimulus in questioning, deconstructing and reassembling things in his mind, and thinking how those things might fit in the world.....and while enjoying all of that....he also (except re perhaps some people in the U.S. Government ) enjoys engaging with the world/the people out in the world...experimenting with putting what he's thinking into practice (especially now with the latter, now that he's no longer POTUS...when executing a more 'fixed' strategy would have instead been the priority). Obviously only he is inside his own head, but, to me, what I'm saying comes across through his writing, what he says (verbally), and how he physically moves through the world (which we who don't know him personally only see, of course, through media).
Facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies