Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 06:58 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
All education should be private, free of govt influence and that means no voucher system. Witness the damage done from the existing system just reading the posts on C-D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 07:08 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Taxation is theft.

Abolish government skools.
Lol - sure, dude - whatever!

Because we can SOOOO trust private corporations to education people fairly! I mean, they wouldn't have any ulterior motives, such as profit, right?

And it is soooo in the spirit of freedom for all to condemn people to a horrible education if their parents aren't rich enough to afford a great one, right? Hilarious anarchist hypocrisy, as always.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:11 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

Because we can SOOOO trust private corporations to education people fairly! I mean, they wouldn't have any ulterior motives, such as profit, right?

And it is soooo in the spirit of freedom for all to condemn people to a horrible education if their parents aren't rich enough to afford a great one, right? Hilarious anarchist hypocrisy, as always.
With all of the technology out there today you still want to march billy and sally off to the govt education gulag?
How progressive of you

Old 07-11-2018, 07:16 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
In my opinion, school property taxes are discriminatory against those who don't have children in the public school system.
That's why it's called a public school system - the public contributes to its upkeep. People without kids helped pay for my public education, and I understand my role in paying for other kids' public education.

Quote:
Public schools will continue as they always have and likely expand more and more in the future but property tax bills will either have to skyrocket so many can't put food on the table or state general fund revenue will move from higher education to K-12.
It's time to move school funding away from property taxes and toward a sales tax or income tax that everyone pays.

Quote:
It's amazing watching the far-right lick the boots of overpaid clowns like Trump, praise grossly overpaid bankers and war-mongers, but demand lousy pay for teachers. Not that I should be surprised... Trump himself said that low-information voters were the key to his win, and we can't get the huge number of right-wingers we need in the future if people end up educated!
Ha! Perfect. I'm wondering if the "low-information voters" even know they're being manipulated.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:29 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:

Corporations don't exist in anarcho-capitalism, as they are creations and tools of the State.

Profit is the sole motive of a business; otherwise they wouldn't stay in business very long, now would they? For-profit schools would make DAMN sure their clients are receiving the best possible product, because if they aren't, those clients would no longer be clients.

Private for-profit schools, private non-profit schools, charity schools, and homeschooling would in no way condemn people to a horrible education, unlike government skools with their militarism, State-worship, and standardized testing. It is soooo in the spirit of freedom to give parents choices.

Hilarious Statist hypocrisy, as always.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:37 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Oh, please.

I know of several teachers who teach in a non-college environment, and all are underpaid, overworked, and required to put up with utter nonsense that none of the right-wingers who whine all day about "overpaid teachers" would be able to endure for a week.

It's amazing watching the far-right lick the boots of overpaid clowns like Trump, praise grossly overpaid bankers and war-mongers, but demand lousy pay for teachers. Not that I should be surprised... Trump himself said that low-information voters were the key to his win, and we can't get the huge number of right-wingers we need in the future if people end up educated!
Oh, please. I know teachers from Long Island, elementary and H.S. They are certainly not underpaid, and most are no more overworked than other hard working folks. Those other folks are working hard to pay the exorbitant L.I. property taxes that go to teachers and police. According to an article in the Long Island Business News, the average salary for an elementary school teacher is 90,560! That is almost twice the national average.

To think that only conservatives complain about teacher/admin salaries is such an ignorant statement that it deserves no further discussion.

For 90,000k, I think it is fair to expect that someone can deal with some degree of nonsense. I also can guarantee that the majority of people I know, myself included, could last for at least a week as an elementary school teacher.

Could we be doctors for a week? No.
Could we be pilots for a week? No.
Could we be lawyers for a week? No
Could we be professional athletes for a week? No.

We darn sure could teach 20 ten yr olds for a week. Certainly not as well or as organized as an experienced teacher, but the job would get done.

Thank God for Liberals. They made Trumps presidency a reality, and are making his re-election more certain day by day.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:46 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
The entire argument that teachers, working 9 months out of the year are underpaid is a myth. In the lowest paid state,SD, teachers make $42,600.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:56 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
TX property taxes are fraction of what NJ-NY residents pay..
So? Just because your voters are stupid enough to elect politicians that over tax you doesn't make it something to brag about. New York spends twice the national average / child and has less than average test scores.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:57 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:

Right, there is nothing but altruism from da guberment skoowels

That is what the markets system solves now doesn't it ? At least there is a choice and the schools have to complete. Its my private interest that protects my interests from their interests. However with da gubemnt monopoly I cannot act according to my interest.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Corporations don't exist in anarcho-capitalism, as they are creations and tools of the State.

Profit is the sole motive of a business; otherwise they wouldn't stay in business very long, now would they? For-profit schools would make DAMN sure their clients are receiving the best possible product, because if they aren't, those clients would no longer be clients.

Private for-profit schools, private non-profit schools, charity schools, and homeschooling would in no way condemn people to a horrible education, unlike government skools with their militarism, State-worship, and standardized testing. It is soooo in the spirit of freedom to give parents choices.

Hilarious Statist hypocrisy, as always.
I wish I could get a statist, just one, to understand this fact. A corporation requires legal recognition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies