Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2018, 01:35 PM

46,374 posts, read 27,221,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
ODS much?

So, it did not start on O's watch...or you just give a damn that it did and all this happened because of trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 01:36 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,570,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
How would you personally have reacted if Obama said a month before the election that Russia was actively working to hack the DNC and Hillary Clinton's servers to help Donald Trump win?

Would you have been furious and believed Hannity when he would've said that Obama is trying to influence the election?

Old 07-14-2018, 01:37 PM

501 posts, read 304,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The fact that 12 Russians have been indicted by our government for tampering with our election process should OUTRAGE any American regardless of politics.
I would be just as incensed if this happened to the GOP as well. This was an assault on our Democracy by a foreign power. How some of you think this is solely about Trump is mind boggling.
What is even more outrageous today was the almost non response to this act by the White House and the silence of a majority of Congressional Republicans.

Will Trump stand up to Putin and defend our Democracy when he meets with him?
Ho hum. This hysteria is ridiculous. This is from New York Times, the notorious right wing source. Read it then tell me if you think US behavior is outrageous. Or that you're incensed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/s...do-it-too.html

Bags of cash delivered to a Rome hotel for favored Italian candidates. Scandalous stories leaked to foreign newspapers to swing an election in Nicaragua. Millions of pamphlets, posters and stickers printed to defeat an incumbent in Serbia.

The long arm of Vladimir Putin? No, just a small sample of the United States’ history of intervention in foreign elections.
If you ask an intelligence officer, did the Russians break the rules or do something bizarre, the answer is no, not at all,” said Steven L. Hall, who retired in 2015 after 30 years at the C.I.A., where he was the chief of Russian operations. The United States “absolutely” has carried out such election influence operations historically, he said, “and I hope we keep doing it.”
“We’ve been doing this kind of thing since the C.I.A. was created in 1947,” said Mr. Johnson, now at the University of Georgia. “We’ve used posters, pamphlets, mailers, banners — you name it. We’ve planted false information in foreign newspapers. We’ve used what the British call ‘King George’s cavalry’: suitcases of cash.”

Old 07-14-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
But funny how it just keep progressing onward though isn't it? You can roll your eyes all your want.

Let it roll......if trump goes down, trump goes down.....however, it's not looking good for your team that he is going down.....I mean hell, trump has been circling to toilet bowl now, for how long? And he keeps chugging along....

It's going to be a long next couple of years for you....maybe you need a cry closet?

Old 07-14-2018, 01:41 PM

16,712 posts, read 8,703,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
http://thehill.com/video/administrat...aw-enforcement

Crossing my fingers it 3 to 6 charges on Trump this would be the best news in 2 years
Why would you hope for such a thing

Is your goal so un-American that you'd want an elected president removed just because you do not ideologically agree with him, or the supporters who voted for him?

`

501 posts, read 304,455 times
I asked before, none of the hysterical liberal ninnies answered - maybe you will attempt again?

Espionage is a very serious crime, right? More so than hacking - correct? Now, there is this guy in Russia by the name of Alexander Bortnikov (look him up), it is his job to spy on the US. We have mountains of evidence that he is engaged in espionage on the United States. Hugely damaging to our national security stuff.

Do you think DOJ should indict him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Sorry, I'm not a lefty....

Old 07-14-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Are you be facetious??? The original investigation is about Russian interference into the 2016 election. 12 Russians just got indicted for interfering in the 2016 election....so that has nothing to do with the original investigation....MY God where do you people get your information???

Hey....one of them original indicted companies shown up....mueller ran the other way and made several excuses to not go to court....

Hey, quick....look over there....a HAM sandwich.....

Old 07-14-2018, 01:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,609,330 times
Talking Save your sorrow, chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sorry, I'm not a lefty....
Nobody ever thought you were.

Watch out for the edge.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The entire IC across the US and pretty much every nation except Russia itself, has confirmed what Russia did, and we just had the Senate come to the same exact conclusion. You are delusional, sir, and about as un-American as they come. Shame on you all for selling out your country.

Reading comprehension problems I see...

I did not say russia did not do it, I said you cannot tell me who russia was trying to get to win....

Can you understand the difference?

And while you're at it....why did russia bump up the information after the election?

UN-American...come join me in the military section....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies