Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 05:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Northern Ireland is part of the UK... It's not hard to get it confused if you are not from there...
??? Really -- seriously -- i can't believe that you would think that.

Again - -maybe my bubble is so small I thought everyone was very clear Ireland...especially when you are the President of the USA and visiting Great Britain.

Shaking my head.

Look - -it isn't a big deal -- just another sign of his incompetence but don't pretend he shouldn't know better.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:34 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Forgive me if I hold the President to a higher standard than a random dude who’s never been to Ireland.
It is embarrassing when your head of state makes such an erroneous statement...especially when in the area this is relevant to the statement.

That being said, many have done such things. Most recently didn't Obama tell us he's visited all 57 states ?

That one hit kind of close to home too.

The Ireland thing could be a similar slip of the tongue since Northern Ireland is part of the UK, while Ireland proper is not. Someone here said any one in or beyond 5th grade should know that....I'm not so sure. I'll bet if you ask your friends, neighbors and co-workers, you'll get 50/50 at best. Try it and report back.

Anyone here not ever made an embarrassingly erroneous statement publicly ?

Old 07-13-2018, 05:42 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
If you think that's bad, what about when Obama said he visited 57 states in the US and....wait for it... still had one more to visit!!

I wonder which additional states he was imagining. By my calculations, he'd have to come up with nine more to get to 58 (because he thinks Hawaii is part of Asia).
ODS much?

Old 07-13-2018, 05:42 PM

251 posts, read 148,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Hysterical that Trump says stupid things day in and day out but the Trumplings keep repeating the 57 states thing - I guess that's the ONLY time they can find that Obama made a mistake? lol

Never mind that it's clear in context that he simply misspoke because he also talked about his staff not letting him go to Alaska and Hawaii and that he started to say 50 states, was trying to correct it to 47 out of the continental 48 and it came out 57 instead of 48.
Oh, best believe the cult KNOWS this perfectly, especially since Obama is FROM the 50th state known as Hawaii—Every Hawaii resident knows their beautiful state is the 50th out of 50, so no way Obama everrrr thought there could be 57 states! lol.

See, like you alluded to, these ppl have nothing else. And as usual, it’s DEFLECTION, which is all they ever have.

What’s odd is that they assume everyone else is as brainless as they are.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:46 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I was in Ireland in the spring. If you confuse that you might get spat on.

The B&B I was in, the owners thought Trump a crook
Must watch msm

Old 07-13-2018, 05:49 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
What do you expect? The man doesn’t read. He gets all of his information from FOX news. He is a crook, coward and his boss is Putin.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:51 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyguy View Post
Oh, best believe the cult KNOWS this perfectly, especially since Obama is FROM the 50th state known as Hawaii—Every Hawaii resident knows their beautiful state is the 50th out of 50, so no way Obama everrrr thought there could be 57 states! lol.

See, like you alluded to, these ppl have nothing else. And as usual, it’s DEFLECTION, which is all they ever have.

What’s odd is that they assume everyone else is as brainless as they are.

When Obama misspeaks, it's a "slip of the tongue". With Trump he is "illiterate" and every other insult under the sun.

Look, context is everything. He was saying, "UK, Scotland, Ireland" conversationally. That's why I asked about the Carolinas. If you're from North Carolina and say "Carolina", you mean UNC. If you are from South Carolina and say "Carolina" you mean USC. Trump was already speaking about UK countries.

It's just that libs over analyze every single word he does or doesn't say, ready to pounce, to try to prove that he's stupid or whatever the current meme is.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 07-13-2018 at 05:59 PM..

Old 07-13-2018, 05:52 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
What do you expect? The man doesn’t read. He gets all of his information from FOX news. He is a crook, coward and his boss is Putin.
Every single thing you post is just insults. It's boring. At least try to come up with something with substance.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:00 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,866,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
He meant Northern Ireland.

Obama, on the other hand, to this day, think we have 59 states.
No, he didn't. In the article, his exact quote was:

"I believe that the people in the UK - Scotland, Ireland, as you know I have property in Ireland, I have property all over - I think that those people they like me a lot"

His Golf Resort, Doonbeg, is in Ireland and not Northern Ireland. From the whole quote, it is clear that it wasn't a slip of the tongue. He genuinely didn't know.

While I would accept that an average American Joe probably doesn't know the difference, we should hold the highest elected official of our country to a much higher standard.

P.S. As for Obama, that was a slip of the tongue. It is water under the bridge by any means, as he is no longer President.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:01 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Northern Ireland is part of the UK... It's not hard to get it confused if you are not from there...
Northern Ireland is Ireland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Not if you got further than the 5th grade.
If you are further than the fifth grade, should you know that Northern Ireland is both Ireland and part of the UK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies