Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 06:08 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times

Advertisements

We must recall that when Obama referred to '57 states', he, later in the day to the press, acknowledged his mistake, citing, I believe, campaign fatigue. As others have pointed out before, he also may have been thinking of the number of states plus territories.

Nevertheless, it is telling that such is about the only 'mistake' that Trump Core Supporters can being up (ignoring the 'tan suit' or 'feet on the desk' scandals).

As for those of us that think Donald JOHN Trump is not only ignorant about world geography and Geo-politics, but is a habitual liar, we have, literally, a treasure trove of evidence. So much, it is overwhelming.

By the by: how is that 'investigation' going? You will recall that Mr. Trump sent a 'crack' team of investigators to Hawaii to investigate whether or not Mr. Obama was actually a "US citizen". We never heard from that team. Not one word.

Meanwhile, Senator Ted Cruz, born in the country of Canada, was NEVER questioned by Conservatives concerning his Presidential Constitutional Credentials. Nada. Zip. Nor did the son of German immigrants, Donald JOHN Drumpf (sorry, Trump), bring it up. Itself curious.

Could it have been because Mr. Cruz is 'white', while Barack HUSSEIN Obama was not white?

Nonsense, of course. Those of German heritage have no history of bigotry.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:17 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
He meant Northern Ireland.

Obama, on the other hand, to this day, think we have 59 states.
Obama made major gaffes ALL THE TIME--media would not dare report it lest they be called a racist. Lets take a look at a few shall we?

Quote:
"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011
Quote:
Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard."
(The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

Quote:
"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings, and inefficiencies to our health care system."
Quote:
"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009
Quote:
I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008
Quote:
"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."
I guess he spotted some Navy "Corpse-men"

Quote:
"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people
And then there is my favorite-Obama, the "constitutional scholar" claiming that the US constitution was written 2000 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiRhHqlzaG4

Old 07-13-2018, 06:22 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Don't forget-- "my" Muslim faith, and then Stephanopolous corrected him.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:24 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
We must recall that when Obama referred to '57 states', he, later in the day to the press, acknowledged his mistake, citing, I believe, campaign fatigue. As others have pointed out before, he also may have been thinking of the number of states plus territories.

Nevertheless, it is telling that such is about the only 'mistake' that Trump Core Supporters can being up (ignoring the 'tan suit' or 'feet on the desk' scandals).

As for those of us that think Donald JOHN Trump is not only ignorant about world geography and Geo-politics, but is a habitual liar, we have, literally, a treasure trove of evidence. So much, it is overwhelming.

By the by: how is that 'investigation' going? You will recall that Mr. Trump sent a 'crack' team of investigators to Hawaii to investigate whether or not Mr. Obama was actually a "US citizen". We never heard from that team. Not one word.

Meanwhile, Senator Ted Cruz, born in the country of Canada, was NEVER questioned by Conservatives concerning his Presidential Constitutional Credentials. Nada. Zip. Nor did the son of German immigrants, Donald JOHN Drumpf (sorry, Trump), bring it up. Itself curious.

Could it have been because Mr. Cruz is 'white', while Barack HUSSEIN Obama was not white?

Nonsense, of course. Those of German heritage have no history of bigotry.

The race card? Really? In a thread about Northern Ireland?

Geez that's pathetic.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:24 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Jenkins View Post
stop with this nonsense. if you polled americans at least 60% would not even know northern ireland is a thing
So what? Random Americans are not the President of the United States. Random Americans are not in the UK meeting with the Prime Minister and the Queen.

It is beyond ridiculous that Trump not only didn't know about Ireland being a different country, he couldn't even be bothered to learn that fourth-grade fact before going to meet with the leaders of the UK.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:30 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Northern Ireland is Ireland.

If you are further than the fifth grade, should you know that Northern Ireland is both Ireland and part of the UK?
Ireland itself is an island. But it is politically divided - Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland. Northern Ireland is much the smaller of the two. They are never, ever together referred to as one entity.

There is a lot of history on the subject, you should do some reading on it.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:43 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Obama made major gaffes ALL THE TIME--media would not dare report it lest they be called a racist. Lets take a look at a few shall we?

(The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

I guess he spotted some Navy "Corpse-men"
Obama couldn't tell the difference between an Navy pilot and a United Airlines pilot.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:48 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Northern Ireland is part of the UK... It's not hard to get it confused if you are not from there...
Shouldn't be when you are the President Of the United States of America and briefed on NOT putting your foot in your mouth.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:17 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Don't forget-- "my" Muslim faith, and then Stephanopolous corrected him.
Can't forget something that never happened, at least not in the way you are claiming. He was talking about John McCain being clear that Obama was not Muslim, it was not a slip of the tongue stating that he was Muslim that he had to be corrected about. Apparently Obama's biggest mistake was overestimating the intelligence of American Republicans.

In any case, back to the topic.

I saw the clip and I hadn't realized before that Trump was referring to PROPERTY HE OWNS in Ireland. As in he apparently owns property in a country that he doesn't know is a separately country from Northern Ireland and isn't part of the UK.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:35 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Jenkins View Post
stop with this nonsense. if you polled americans at least 60% would not even know northern ireland is a thing
That in itself should be a national embarrassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies