Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 07:01 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
38 states have fetal homicide laws. Which means if a person kills a baby in the womb -- no matter what stage of development -- that person can be charged with homicide (murder).

Abortion is legal in 50 states. Which means if a mother decides to kill her baby, she can. Without repercussion.

Explain. It's either murder or it's not. Which is it?
Per Roe v Wade, the fetal homicide laws need to be abolished.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Per Roe v Wade, the fetal homicide laws need to be abolished.
RvW has nothing to do with this.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We are never going to outlaw it. Simple reality. I am pro-life but it does not save one life to beat your head against a wall when there are many things we could do to continue to make abortion a less attractive option.

For some odd reason, too many "pro life" individuals are not interested.
To make abortion "less attractive" women need to value life. Many don't, which is why they *think* abortion is the answer.

I agree with you that I doubt it will ever be outlawed. And honestly, I don't even think that is the issue.

The issue is the lies surrounding it and the emphasis that a baby isn't a baby. It's just a clump of gunk.

Question: If it's not a baby, what is it? A turnip? A deck of cards? Do women give birth to onions?

No. It's a b a b y. And women need to TAUGHT that again, because they have forgotten that. All the social programs in the world will do NOTHING to stop abortion until women value life. Women used to be proud to pregnant. Used to be honored and humbled. Used to understand how incredible it is to be a giver of life. A giver or LIFE!!! A protector and nurturer of the human race. And now? Meh, let's kill it, I have a board meeting next week and don't want to look bloated. Meh, I just cheated on him cause I was mad, now I'm not but, I gotta get rid of this crap so we can be together again.

That mindset is what needs to change. Women need to take back what it means to be feminine, in all its positive and wonderful aspects.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:10 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I guess you never heard of pro-life atheists. It doesn't require a belief in God to be against abortion.
Moving goalposts, are we?

Here's the post of yours I was responding to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
God forces nothing but he does let us decide if we will follow him or not. If not we cannot be with him forever as he promised.
Why aren't you "letting us decide if we will follow him or not?"

Old 07-16-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Who women have sex with, when, and how often, is not your business.

If a woman gets pregnant and opts for an abortion, it is not your business.

Basically, none of it is any of your business.

But for some reason, you seem to feel it is.

Not that what you think matters in the slightest.
Would you look the other way if you saw a mom killing her infant in the park, pulling the baby apart limb by limb, collecting every body part and then selling it to a dude n the corner for research?

That's what abortion is. The only difference between that and legal abortion? The timeline. That's all. A few weeks here or there.

But it doesn't make the act of killing any different. The result is still the same. The baby is dead.

And why is it YOUR business? If it is truly personal, why are you so hell bent on women getting abortions? Why do you care? If it's no one business but the women involved, as you seem to think, why are so busy yelling about it on a forum? According to your own logic, you shouldn't have an opinion.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
To make abortion "less attractive" women need to value life. Many don't, which is why they *think* abortion is the answer.
You need to do what you condemn others for and on top of that, quit trying to blame women for everything.

Quote:
I agree with you that I doubt it will ever be outlawed. And honestly, I don't even think that is the issue.

The issue is the lies surrounding it and the emphasis that a baby isn't a baby. It's just a clump of gunk.

Question: If it's not a baby, what is it? A turnip? A deck of cards? Do women give birth to onions?

No. It's a b a b y. And women need to TAUGHT that again, because they have forgotten that. All the social programs in the world will do NOTHING to stop abortion until women value life. Women used to be proud to pregnant. Used to be honored and humbled. Used to understand how incredible it is to be a giver of life. A giver or LIFE!!! A protector and nurturer of the human race. And now? Meh, let's kill it, I have a board meeting next week and don't want to look bloated. Meh, I just cheated on him cause I was mad, now I'm not but, I gotta get rid of this crap so we can be together again.

That mindset is what needs to change. Women need to take back what it means to be feminine, in all its positive and wonderful aspects.
Yeah, I don't even want to give this the time of day.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:20 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
And why is it YOUR business? If it is truly personal, why are you so hell bent on women getting abortions? Why do you care? If it's no one business but the women involved, as you seem to think, why are so busy yelling about it on a forum? According to your own logic, you shouldn't have an opinion.
Some people care because they themselves have been in the position of wanting or needing an abortion. My husband and I decided to terminate a pregnancy affected by profound fetal defect many years ago. It was not an easy choice -- it gutted us emotionally -- but my husband and I do not regret the abortion. We believed at the time and still do that it was the right thing to do, and we have made our peace with our decision. We now have young adult children we would like to have the same option were they to find themselves in a similar position. That's why we care about this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You need to do what you condemn others for and on top of that, quit trying to blame women for everything.

Yeah, I don't even want to give this the time of day.
It's not blame. It's responsibility. Do men get abortions? No.

So if you aren't going to address the mindset of those getting abortions -- which are women --- you can't address how to change it.

The problem does not start when a woman becomes pregnant. It starts with her perception of what life is. And I've noticed it is the one question that makes you uncomfortable. That responsibility for and acknowledgement of life.

When women hear the heartbeat, the chance for abortion plummets. Why is that? Have their financial circumstances, education level, etc., changed? No. So why the change in the decision?

Realization of life.

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I agree. Women are the gatekeepers of sex. If a man doesn't want to use a condom, a woman can lay down the law. YOU NEED TO USE A CONDOM OR NO SEX!! A man will comply.
REALLY? A world without male dominance and NO rapes. So good to know.

How about guys just keeping their britches buttoned up.

My Mom told me about the coat hangers. And where are the responsible guys? Some, just slam bam, thank you mam??

A woman, weaker and more vulnerable can lay down the law. Still good to know.

Condoms should be used, anyway. Ever hear of STD's.....and other horrible diseases, transmitted by unprotected sex?

Amazing to me how pro lifers also think having millions of guns are ok.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Some people care because they themselves have been in the position of wanting or needing an abortion. My husband and I decided to terminate a pregnancy affected by profound fetal defect many years ago. It was not an easy choice -- it gutted us emotionally -- but my husband and I do not regret the abortion. We believed at the time and still do that it was the right thing to do, and we have made our peace with our decision. We now have young adult children we would like to have the same option were they to find themselves in a similar position.
The problem I have with that .... is that doctors make mistakes.

I had a friend who was told something similar. She had her baby and the baby was perfect. No problems. same with an older female relative who was told the baby would be severely brain damaged. Nope. Honor student.

I have a cousin who was told she was having a boy. Guess what? She had a girl. And this was only 15 years ago. They had bought all boy things, painted the room blue, etc. Oops.

Doctors make mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies