Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 03:02 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,371,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
So, protest when a clearly guilty cop gets off scot free. Does that make sense?
Sure. And when someone is unjustly killed.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
100% justifiable shooting.

Thanks for the link.
They assault him and when he flee's they shoot him. Being that he is black it seems all is well. I thought the idea of arming yourself was for self protection? That is why we have the 2nd in part is it not?

Old 07-15-2018, 03:17 PM

2,261 posts, read 1,146,289 times
Quote:
So, protest when a clearly guilty cop gets off scot free. Does that make sense?
Too many right wingers here on cd, that represent a good portion of people in this country believe that as long as a cop shoots a minority, the cop is never clearly guilty.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:34 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,160,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It actually is. The continuing violent crime, the support for criminals and the constant attacks on our law enforcement officers, organized by racist hate groups, are doing a lot to bring Americans of every race together. These groups and their supporters ARE being exposed for what they are.
Like when there were peace treaties in St. Louis? Like how all of this started specifically addressing crime through music and media??

We can't help it the Democrats and media unleashed Black Lives Matter. We were just people fighting for our lives and rights.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't get sound but there is no combativeness out of him. No assault on a police officer. He simply wanted them to keep their hands off of him and he had every right to expect that.

https://www.themaven.net/pinacnews/p...E28ZtTZFDXGSw/
Wow. They straight up murdered the guy. After trying to assault him. That's the 1st time I've seen the video.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
They assault him and when he flee's they shoot him. Being that he is black it seems all is well. I thought the idea of arming yourself was for self protection? That is why we have the 2nd in part is it not?
Trust me. I see looooots of white males with open carries walking around in public in the south and police NEVER question them.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:40 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,926,532 times
Quote:
Protests are justified here. I thought (and I'm sorry, I am going to generalize here) the "right" supported a right to carry? There is nothing in the article to note that the man was doing anything illegal other than walking down the street.

What they did was unconstitutional to start with. They had no justification (at least as far as the article notes) or any reason to touch him. Does he not have a right to protect himself?
I appreciate your sense of humor/ I know you are kidding because no one could possibly be ignorant enough to write something like that as truth, unless of course that someone were an anti-American cop hater.

The cops did good, they did I what I do every Tuesday evening, take out the trash....

Old 07-15-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I appreciate your sense of humor/ I know you are kidding because no one could possibly be ignorant enough to write something like that as truth, unless of course that someone were an anti-American cop hater.

The cops did good, they did I what I do every Tuesday evening, take out the trash....
Why is it a death sentence for a black man to carry? This isn't the first time we have seen this happen.

There is nothing funny here.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:45 PM

4,422 posts, read 2,975,682 times
I just saw the video on the news. The thug ran from police and then pulled out his gun! Now everyone playing the race card can apologize for being wrong...,again.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post

Are you from Chicago? Do you know the guy personally? Funny you're assuming someone is trash without knowing them.

But the police in Chicago are angels

Shows how much you know about criminality in general. Shows how much you know about why some of the crime in those communities, that those people are victims of, are the direct fault of corrupt police officers.

I mean honestly. If you're so smart then why isn't your method reducing violence??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies