Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 06:17 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm personally disgusted by Trump's idiocy. reckless disregard for the security of the United States of America and its citizens, and complete lack of diplomacy.
Has that affected your income or property rights?

Old 07-18-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
My family is making more this year than ever. Things haven't been this good since 2006.
The tax cuts were swell--especially as a small-business owner. But his idiotic import taxes are going to pretty much wipe out that savings.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:23 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
My family is making more this year than ever. Things haven't been this good since 2006.
You said that yesterday. So in less then two years your income surged ? How could the Presidents policies buoyed your finances rhat dramatically ? What field are you in ? Its been less then two years after all.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:32 PM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Has that affected your income or property rights?
Unlike people who care only about themselves in the here and now - like our lunatic leader - I care more about the future. Trump's idiocy will trickle down to affect all of us.

How will his lack of diplomacy affect the U.S. in terms of security and trade?
How will his dismissal of his own administration vs. Mother Russia affect relationships with other nations (see above)? How will it affect future elections - will Russians feel emboldened to try to swing more elections? Will they try to swing anything else?

and then, beyond Russia, there's ...

How will Trump's reckless trampling of environmental rules affect clean air and water?
How will his dismissive attitudes toward anyone who isn't a millionaire affect Social Security, Medicare, health care, etc.?
How will his tax cuts and tariffs and God knows what else affect the federal budget, which does affect my income?

Old 07-18-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer the question--how has it affected you personally?
It undermines trust in our institutions and democracy. Provides a terrible example to our children about how little our Govt defends are Democracy. Places our nation at increased risk by empowering a hostile Govt who has already invaded the Crimea and is exerting negative political influence in many nations. Russian generals orchestrated a cyber policy to exaceperbate our diferences as a people. Heck they might be doing it right here at CD. Id gladly give back tax cuts, I wont be bought off for what 2-3 thousand dollars.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:38 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Paying a less tax is one and living in a dynamic economy is another. Let the left protest and resist. The mentally ill will always find a reason to be unhappy.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Unlike people who care only about themselves in the here and now - like our lunatic leader - I care more about the future. Trump's idiocy will trickle down to affect all of us.

How will his lack of diplomacy affect the U.S. in terms of security and trade?
How will his dismissal of his own administration vs. Mother Russia affect relationships with other nations (see above)? How will it affect future elections - will Russians feel emboldened to try to swing more elections? Will they try to swing anything else?

and then, beyond Russia, there's ...

How will Trump's reckless trampling of environmental rules affect clean air and water?
How will his dismissive attitudes toward anyone who isn't a millionaire affect Social Security, Medicare, health care, etc.?
How will his tax cuts and tariffs and God knows what else affect the federal budget, which does affect my income?
Clear, concise, and to the point. Kudos.

I disagree with most of what you wrote, but at least you presented a well-argued response.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:43 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,389,157 times
Quote:
Has the Russian government seized your property so they can build a new State collective farm on it, or maybe a new factory? Are any of you scheduled to do a little gulag labor in the near future?

How are your bank accounts looking? Have all your FRNs been turned into rubles yet?

I mean sure, Trump is a complete economic illiterate, and his new import taxes are going to cost all of us as consumers and/or business owners, but is that really Putin's fault?

Is Putin at all responsible for Trump caving to the gun-grabbers and signing two gun-control laws?

Asking for a friend...
The whole Trump saga has driven me into near despair. I am so afraid about living next door to it.
Posting on C-D is the only relief I get.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
It undermines trust in our institutions and democracy. Provides a terrible example to our children about how little our Govt defends are Democracy. Places our nation at increased risk by empowering a hostile Govt who has already invaded the Crimea and is exerting negative political influence in many nations. Russian generals orchestrated a cyber policy to exaceperbate our diferences as a people. Heck they might be doing it right here at CD. Id gladly give back tax cuts, I wont be bought off for what 2-3 thousand dollars.
1.) "Trust in institutions and democracy" is 3rd-grade level civics. Ask all the people who have been murdered by the FBI and CIA over the last 70 years if they trust U.S. "intelligence."

2.) The U.S. is not, and has never been, a Democracy, thank God.

3.) How does Russia invading Crimea affect your liberty? Were you OK with the U.S. invading Iraq?

4.) If people are so weak-minded that they fall for internet trolls trying to influence their political beliefs, well...they're pretty much hopeless.

5.) Tax cuts are only beneficial when they are packaged with spending cuts. Unfortunately, neither party knows the meaning of spending cuts.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Paying a less tax is one and living in a dynamic economy is another. Let the left protest and resist. The mentally ill will always find a reason to be unhappy.
Paying less in taxes and living in dynamic economy is great until the sugar rush is over. The bill will come due. Conservatism is cutting back spending along with taxes. Not cutting revenue and increasing spending as the Republican Congress did awaiting a surge in the US economy. Thats irresponsible. That is also not conservative. It will just cause hardships down the road. Don't know why that reasoning is mentally ill ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies