Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2018, 10:52 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I was blacklisted for exposing Black Lives Matter and I helped start this current movement. And it didn't start over police corruption, although justice system reform/police corruption was one of our issues. We wanted to legalize MJ as to help with mass incarceration and the policing system. Personally I believe police need to focus on real crimes (violence, murders, robbery, stealing, etc).

I started a few threads on here detailing how destructive BLM was to the cause and movement.
Ever get involved in a thread accusing white people of holding blacks down? That's who you are accusing when you're saying racism is a problem when it comes to blacks to getting ahead.

I agree police need to focus on crimes with victims. That is just a symptom. Until the discussion gets to the CAUSE of crime rates being higher in minoritites than nothing will be solved. Until the discussion gets to the welfare state and away from the white devil, nothing will be solved.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:55 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Ever get involved in a thread accusing white people of holding blacks down? That's who you are accusing when you're saying racism is a problem when it comes to blacks to getting ahead.
I didn't start off my activism fighting racism. I started off building unity. I can't help or control what billionaires push as the narrative. What upsets me is that we're STILL fighting a narrative that was a lie simply because media made it so.

This was an authority issue. Even if certain demographics were affected more. I honestly hate hearing the narrative it only happens to "black" people. That hasn't been my experience. There were many other groups involved initially.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:04 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why not strive harder to stop them from happening to start with?
Most people in America don't view police brutality or injustice as a serious issue.

Americans view urban crime, violence, gangs and drugs as the issues that needs to be dealt with.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:04 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
I didn't start off my activism fighting racism. I started off building unity. I can't help or control what billionaires push as the narrative. What upsets me is that we're STILL fighting a narrative that was a lie simply because media made it so.

This was an authority issue. Even if certain demographics were affected more. I honestly hate hearing the narrative it only happens to "black" people. That hasn't been my experience. There were many other groups involved initially.
When you ignore the cause and agree with someone who blames white, male, conservatives I'm always going to doubt you.

The Police Hunt Black People Like Slaves (and other minorities).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow
You're just paranoid, nobody treats you like a criminal and the police aren't hunting you like a slave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08
says the conservative white male.

Gtownoe:
Right?!
It's why we need to be more vocal.

Cops interact with blacks more because blacks are much more likely to involed in criminal activity. And that's where the discussion ends if it gets that far, before the cries of racism abound. Little discussion about the truth which has nothing to do with their skin color and everything to do with how the welfare state discourages work and discourages couples from staying together, for all groups.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Most people in America don't view police brutality or injustice as a serious issue.

Americans view urban crime, violence, gangs and drugs as the issues that needs to be dealt with.
In part it all goes hand in hand. As an example, in Baltimore for years they saw the police Rob people and sell drugs and get away with it.

We should expect the people to act differently?

Old 07-20-2018, 11:07 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Interesting talk about racism, and the fact that it doesn't exist and is not the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq_MZEECq68

Old 07-20-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
When you ignore the cause and agree with someone who blames white, male, conservatives I'm always going to doubt you.

The Police Hunt Black People Like Slaves (and other minorities).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow
You're just paranoid, nobody treats you like a criminal and the police aren't hunting you like a slave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08
says the conservative white male.

Gtownoe:
Right?!
It's why we need to be more vocal.

Cops interact with blacks more because blacks are much more likely to involed in criminal activity. And that's where the discussion ends if it gets that far, before the cries of racism abound. Little discussion about the truth which has nothing to do with their skin color and everything to do with how the welfare state discourages work and discourages couples from staying together, for all groups.

So black people are inherently criminal is the argument you're making?

Old 07-20-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Interesting talk about racism, and the fact that it doesn't exist and is not the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq_MZEECq68
You can't seriously in good faith make the argument that racism doesn't exist.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:21 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
You can't seriously in good faith make the argument that racism doesn't exist.
I haven't to date, having accepted the victim mentality and the victim narrative. But after watching people like Jesse Lee Peterson, Candace Owens, Larry Elder, Walter Williams, etc., I might be realizing that racism as an explanation for failure may have been incorrect. It might be poor character that is the primary determinant of personal failure for all races and all people.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Weighing in and attempting to influence are two different things.

do you know the difference between weighing in, and influencing? perception.

Quote:
And, in the case of police actions, it's a law enforcement issue.

and while obama had the right to weigh in, he should have waited until he had more information before weighing in.

Quote:
The NFL is ENTERTAINMENT and SPORTS.

While a President sure might root for one team or the other, trying to force them to behave a certain way by getting his supporters worked up into a frenzy over something that's just not a huge issue is meddling.

But, Trump does that sort of thing all the time, really.

And, yes.. he has the right to say that he disagrees with it, but when he starts leaning on the team managers, I think that's a bridge too far.

and just how could trump lean on the team owners? threaten them with IRS audits? that happens already. the top one percent are already audited every year.

and i agree with trump, the players should not be kneeing during the anthem, its disrespectful. in fact in my opinion these players that kneel should be sent home without pay. if they continue, they should be released from the team, and black balled from the NFL. but i felt that way BEFORE trump weighed in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies