Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 11:35 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Hillary won the popular vote so she makes more rational sense than Trump.

It's best when people stick to policy. It's always about policy.
Will you please just leave my insult alone? You just spoil everything.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:38 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It wasn't really Trump's orders though he did just about blow a fuse. It should give him something else to endlessly rant about.
I can't wait.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:42 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times

That said, these guys have every right to protest. Owners have every right to not hire them. Fans have every right to buy tickets or not.

So much freedom

Old 07-22-2018, 11:57 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Screw Trump if he wants to tell NFL players what to do he can buy them all, otherwise he can mind his own damn business. the president should be busy with other issues.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:17 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Jurrell Casey plans to protest on field during anthem - NFL.com

"Tennessee Titans defensive end Jurrell Casey says he plans to protest social injustice on the field during the national anthem before games this season and "take my fine."

"I'm going to take a fine this year, why not?" Casey told CNN at an NFL promotional event in London. "I'm going to protest during the flag. That's what I'm going to say now.

"... It is what it is, I ain't going to let them stop me from doing what I want to do. If they want to have these battles between players and organizations, this is the way it's going to be."

The Titans have no comment on Casey's remarks.

The NFL approved a new national anthem policy in May requiring players and league personnel on the sideline to stand. Players and personnel also have the option to remain in the locker room if they choose not to stand during the anthem."

Thread title fail. Trump can't "order" the NFL or it's players to do anything. Trump just needs to shut up about this and let it play out organically. In the grand scheme of things its a non-issue and we - and Trump - have far more important things to worry about.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:41 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Let's be honest, these cops and servicemen are known to be murderers and rapists.
Hell, Americans are known to be murderers and rapists, drug users, cheaters, dropouts, tax evaders, weed heads, money wasters, and uber assaulters.
Why do you stand for such people?

That's how it works, right? Since some are we can generalize all of them as such?
That's really what its all about imo. Holding EVERYbody to the same standards. Not just ignoring abuse or taking someone's word, because they have a badge.

For me, I wasn't threatened per se, but I was warned not to sue a police officer who falsely charged me with a DUI (falsified a blow). How is that justice? IMO, when you're warned against pursuing justice, BY the justice system, you no longer have a justice system.

I hate being deemed a "criminal" for sharing my story where I was proved innocent in a court of law. And for reference I'm a black male and the officer was a black male. Who I've since forgiven.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Except for I'm not a racist lol"

That is YOUR opinion!

Keep in mind anybody who DARED disagree with Obama on ANY issue was called a "racist"!
I disagreed with Obama on most things he did and said so but I don't recall being called a racist over it. It was pretty much the racists who were called racist. It's not that difficult to tell the difference based upon the disagreement.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Then apparently the audience here values trolls. Because your rep rate here is 32% over 11 years. Meaning your total reps are 32% of your total posts. My rep rate is 143%. Meaning my total reps are 143% of my total posts. And that is over a period of 10 years. And my presence here is about as warm and fuzzy as a tarantula compared to other nicer posters. And I still blow you away. So it's not trolling, it's truth.
And I've started the largest movement in the country while you're confined to a board.

For the rest of C-D and management of C-D. I'm an extremely nice guy who people respect for my honesty, openness, and pure intentions.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Thread title fail. Trump can't "order" the NFL or it's players to do anything. Trump just needs to shut up about this and let it play out organically. In the grand scheme of things its a non-issue and we - and Trump - have far more important things to worry about.
Trump inserted himself into the issue. Of which he's never experienced. Trump pushed this issue according to Jerry Jones, the Cowboy's owner. Go figure.

Americans were getting killed by the state and not getting justice. I'd say this is "American" as apple pie. Why no justice?

Old 07-22-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I disagreed with Obama on most things he did and said so but I don't recall being called a racist over it. It was pretty much the racists who were called racist. It's not that difficult to tell the difference based upon the disagreement.
Some have tried to weaponize victimhood. Saw it with BLM. He's the other side of the coin. He portrays exactly what he states he despises.

From a black police corruption victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies