Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 05:27 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Wow. I disagree with you about 99.9% of the time, but just this once I think you nailed it. Credit where due, and repped.
The stars do align from time to time. I wouldn't have known what he said if you didn't reply to him and I also agree.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I think the slamming him on the ground and humiliating part would have let him know that what he did was totally unacceptable. Maybe an extra kick in the nuts at the end to accentuate the point.
He knew it was unacceptable before the public shaming of being slammed to the ground by a woman. He just didn't care. If the public shaming isn't enough, maybe the hassle of having to be arrested, etc. will be.

She may have gotten in trouble if she added some nuts to that sundae, however.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:37 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
I don't know if he's done it before but I'm willing to bet it's the first time he's been slammed to the ground and publicly humiliated for it.
Some people are not in the least upset over public humiliation. I opine that dude would have simply determined to never eat there again and carry on carrying on.

The casual and nonchalant way in which he grabbed her and just kept walking while looking at his cel-phone says a lot to me. This is as common for that putz as is checking his e-mails.

Police came, saw the tape and hooked him up. Great job, kudos to them for looking at the evidence and thinking: this one will stand up in court without relying upon "he said" - "she said" arguments. 'Their job is to protect the public and they've done so.

I like the video evidence because now his lawyer cannot default to challenging her character and digging into her past so as to discourage other young women from getting their justice.

Bully; this one isn't over yet and it will be a win, win when the rest of his punishment hits him upside the head.

These youtube events are going to encourage other young girls to take a stand.

Win, win, and another win.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:49 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Some people are not in the least upset over public humiliation. I opine that dude would have simply determined to never eat there again and carry on carrying on.

The casual and nonchalant way in which he grabbed her and just kept walking while looking at his cel-phone says a lot to me. This is as common for that putz as is checking his e-mails.

Police came, saw the tape and hooked him up. Great job, kudos to them for looking at the evidence and thinking: this one will stand up in court without relying upon "he said" - "she said" arguments. 'Their job is to protect the public and they've done so.

I like the video evidence because now his lawyer cannot default to challenging her character and digging into her past so as to discourage other young women from getting their justice.

Bully; this one isn't over yet and it will be a win, win when the rest of his punishment hits him upside the head.

These youtube events are going to encourage other young girls to take a stand.

Win, win, and another win.
Actually a good hit upside the head would have been an appropriate punishment. But then again I think a lot of minor crimes ought to be handled that way. Take'em out behind the woodshed, give'em a beating they'll remember for a lifetime, then everyone goes about their business.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:58 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Actually a good hit upside the head would have been an appropriate punishment. But then again I think a lot of minor crimes ought to be handled that way. Take'em out behind the woodshed, give'em a beating they'll remember for a lifetime, then everyone goes about their business.

Aaah; now you're talking about those halcyon days of returning WWII vets who did not suffer these kinds of cretins moving into their neighbourhoods. A group, upon hearing of some transgression towards a child or young girl, would make it their business to do a door knock one night and make a very strong and forceful suggestion the perp should move on down the road.

That's how it was in my small hometown. They called those guys "the sergeants" as it was a cadre of sergeants who helped out the single constable when he was overwhelmed and needed it most.

Those days are gone Bully and thankfully, that girl had to do no more than deck him and let the cops figure it all out.

Think of it as if it were your daughter and you taught her to stand up for herself BUT at the same time not wanting her to carry the knowledge for the rest of her life she may have caused the guy permanent brain damage by giving him one upside the head with a serving platter.

That's what police are for in a rule of laws society. Make them do their job so the rest of us don't have to and end up carrying the responsibility they're paid and trained to carry.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:59 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
I'm of two minds on this one. At first I was thinking good for her for confronting the guy and humiliating him. He definitely had it coming. But then she calls the cops on him and he ends up going to jail over it. I think that takes it too far. Slamming him to the ground and humiliating him is a punishment that fits the crime. Throwing him in jail is going overboard. That butt grab was not a life altering moment for the waitress, some simple public humiliation should suffice.

Customer in Savannah grabs a waitress's backside so she tackles him | Daily Mail Online
Shut up.

I would gave done the same thing.

Unless a man is her boyfriend or husband, he DOES NOT have the right to touch a woman on her behind.

Why is it so hard for you men to understand that you keep your hands TO YOURSELF and OFF women's bodies unless invited.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:01 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
If she hadn't called the cops, this would have become a story that he'd tell about that sassy waitress who threw him on his butt.

Spending a few days and dollars sorting this out with the legal system puts it in a different light.

Good for her.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
I have no problem with what went on here.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:05 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
When I was college aged, and waiting tables, I punched a guy for grabbing my boob. Knocked him right off his chair. No cops necessary, but they would have laughed at him.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:06 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
I hear people complain often that America has too many people in jail but at the same time we're supposed to toss people in jail for grabbing a butt, when a good smack upside the head would suffice. Can I trust that all of the people demanding this guy have the book thrown at him won't be showing up in "America bashing" threads railing about our overcrowded jails and disproportionate incarceration rates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies