Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 01:26 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,392,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Would the ADL cite inter-racial murder rates if Whites were responsible for almost all inter-racial murders that account for thousands across the USA every year? Absolutely.

Because Whites are almost always the victims and not the perpetrators of such inter-racial murder, these statistics are ignored by the ADL. Thus, they have no credible moral nor political platform.

If we go back to the year 2001, Muslim extremism has killed far more people in the past two decades than any other extremism. Part of the ADL's political tactic is a disingenuous re-framing of the data to achieve their political results.

In short, citing the ADL, specifically, immediately negates your argument.
You are being just as selective as you claim the ADL is being by moving the measurement date back to 9/11/2001. That horrible date is an outlier year when measuring years and years of data collected within the U.S.

If you read the link to the ADL I provided they definitely refer to non-whites committing murder in the name of hate/extremism in the USA including "Islamic Extremists" and "Black Nationalists" (their words not mine). But over time they find the data show that white supremacists have committed the most homicides.

If you have better data then by all means post it. I am NOT endorsing everything the ADL says or does. And I am definitely NOT calling all whites evil or anything like that. I am white after all. It is simply the case that human beings are tribal idiots. So it only makes sense in a country where whites are still the majority this would be the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 04:51 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,844,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And Trump supporters didn't show Obama in effigy, in cages, as an ape, etc.? Save the outrage, there's not a single thing Democrats can do that Trump supporters didn't do worse.

That's the TRUTH! SICKENING HYPOCRITES!

Old 07-24-2018, 07:58 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
You are being just as selective as you claim the ADL is being by moving the measurement date back to 9/11/2001.
Sorry, being more date inclusive is not being selective by any definition of the word.

Quote:
That horrible date is an outlier year when measuring years and years of data collected within the U.S.
We are speaking about the U.S.. Going outside of the U.S. is nonsensical, because then you will be deep into international history and politics. That's well outside the scope of this thread.

Want to go outside of the U.S.? Then you will also be including all deaths in Israel since the inception of the Jewish State. You will also need to begin a long and involved debate on international history and politics while trying to argue a subjective political position. I don't think that you are prepared to do that.

An outlier? I don't think so. If you wish to be so inclusive, then lets measure.

Lets measure all inter-racial murder in the US going back since, let's see, how about since the end of Civil War after 500,000 White people died to end slavery?

Include all of your lynchings (don't forget the murders committed by those being lynched).

Where it will start to get really interesting is after desegregation. Start measuring all inter-raical murder in all cities since that time.

One race is being overwhelmingly terrorized, and it isn't any minority race.

Want to keep it to just Muslims? Start measuring from after 1964. It isn't Muslims that are being terrorized.

Quote:
If you read the link to the ADL I provided they definitely refer to non-whites committing murder in the name of hate/extremism in the USA including "Islamic Extremists" and "Black Nationalists" (their words not mine).
Sorry, the issue with that selective view the ADL has a selective definition of what constitutes murder that is politically meaningful. For them, if 400 White people are murdered by Black people, 399 of those murders are meaningless in their eyes because they state that they cannot prove a political motive. If 10 Black people are murdered by White people in the same year, 9 out of 10 (justified or not) will be considered by them to be politically motivated and thus their hate falls to White people. Even though the body-count is 400:10.

In the end, 400 White people and their communities are terrorized, and 400 lives are ended, in ratio to those of ten Black people.

That's what matters. Politics are meaningless when you are dead. The motive to selectively prune the insanely lopsided inter-racial murder ratio is more evidence of their self-interested political motivation and their hate.

The ADL uses a politically biased accounting system. I don't agree with it and neither do many other people. These are the people that you are trying to argue against in this thread. They similarly employ such a self-interested accounting system for their behavior in Israel.

Its nonsense, they are a self-interested Hate group. and your citing them indicts your argument and your stated foundations for your worldview in general.

Their narratives are not politically, morally, nor objectively trustworthy, and thus their data itself is untrustworthy.

Quote:
If you have better data then by all means post it.
I am not attempting to make your point. The onus is not on me to post "better data". The ADL's narratives are politically motivated and they are untrustowrthy as an objective source for any such argument.

Quote:
So it only makes sense in a country where whites are still the majority this would be the case.
Now you are using a percentage population argument when before you were making an argument about net murders.

However, I appreciate you explaining your thoughts further. This will allow me to better explain how the ADL uses deception to further their self-interested social narratives.

How about this: to square your arguments for mathematical consistency, try calculating the net murders per capita for each race. Then you will be more mathematically consistent.

To illustrate: imagine if this nation was comprised of 10,000 people. 9,000 are White and 1,000 are "minority" (vague so as not to pick on one). Now imagine if there were a high number of murders within this mixed group. Say 150 "political" murders in one year.

The following numbers will be well above actual averages, and are used solely to make my math point in light of your and the ADL's chosen rhetoric:

The White group commits 100 murders of 150 in this scenario. For the sake of argument, lets assume that the victims were all minorities.

The minority group commits 50 murders in this scenario. For the sake of argument, lets assume that the victims were all of the majority.

A hate group like the ADL could then come out and make a politically motivated non-point that "most" of the "hate" murders in any year are committed by White individuals.

However, what really occurred?

What really occurred is that there are .011 such murders per year per White person, or in other words 1.1% of the White population is guilty of such a murder.

In the minority group, there are .050 such murders per capita per year. Or, in other words, 5% of the minority group commits such murders per year.

So, who is terrorizing who?

In reality (in this world), the both the per capita and the total murder numbers (being both speaks to how extremely lopsided the minority on majority murder rate is) are heavily skewed toward Minority on White murder when total murders are taken into account. I wouldn't be surprised if they were also skewed toward the same if only "political" murders are taken into account, if you use the actual meaningful per capita calculation. The ADL does not do this because they have a self-interested narrative to sell, not the truth.

To drive home my point, lets extrapolate the scenario out to the extreme.

Say there are 1 billion White people spread out over on the planet who, in total, kill 500 minorities per year.

Now assume that there are 1,000 minorities who kill 300 White people per year.

The Whites killed 66% more minorities than the inverse, and thus by the ADL's logic they would be the problem "Hate" group. But who is the problem terrorist group in this scenario?

With such a high percentile of minority on White murder, would you not expect a modicum of retaliatory "political" murder in response? Or jail time? Etc?

The ADL takes advantage of the low math proficiency in this nation, in general, and their facility with propaganda to spin data into a self-interested political narrative. They are a hate group, and nothing more, and they are unfit for citation in any serious political argument.

I don't need to make your points or come up with alternate data. Their data presentation is bad and their motives are overtly tribal and political.

In fact, its fairly shocking that you explicitly condemn tribalism but then see fit to cite an explicitly tribalist group for your data, who by the way just declared an ethno-state.

Do you not see the inherent contradiction, and how such data and/or the accompanying narrative could be flawed?

As a White person, who I assume is not Jewish, you should always be wary of the inherent motives present in political narratives that emanate from differing political groups. Who may hate you.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:05 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
That's the TRUTH! SICKENING HYPOCRITES!
speaking of hypocrites...….
TDS on full display and yet more of the dreaded "whataboutism" that the LWLTs use to defend all thing Obama/Clinton.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:05 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Kathy Griffin was interrogated by the Secret Service for two months because she displayed a severed head of TrumpPuitin in a photo....welcome to the American Gestapo or just ask the intelligence guys he stripped of their credentials today.

Interviewed for over an hour and cleared. She's been all over talk shows and stand-up comedy etc. since.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0da64e8793241

Your lack of understanding about what the Gestapo actually did is pretty appalling.

If you drop a piece of toast on the floor do you fall to your knees crying how it's worse than the holocaust too?

Do you compare stubbing your toe to the suffering of slaves?

Get a grip.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:12 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Kathy Griffin was interrogated by the Secret Service for two months because she displayed a severed head of TrumpPuitin in a photo....welcome to the American Gestapo or just ask the intelligence guys he stripped of their credentials today.

Manufactured outrage. Leave Gov service security clearance should be revoked. Beheading in effigy is stupid and brings attention to how stupid you are.

Last edited by T-310; 07-24-2018 at 09:08 AM..

Old 07-24-2018, 08:16 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,634 posts, read 16,120,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
when conservatives bring up Obama, it is immediately referred to as "whataboutism". Just sayin'
And /or racist

Old 07-24-2018, 08:21 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Despite claims of fascist, gestapo, dictatorship by hyperventilating individuals....protests of Trump and news articles pointing out his failings are pretty much business as usual.

Nothing new, we had hysterical people that are frankly unbalanced and irrational during the Obama admin, Bush II, Clinton and so on and so forth.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:38 AM

15,527 posts, read 10,492,988 times
What a shocker, Portland's leftists behaving badly.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:48 AM

1,145 posts, read 1,011,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
In the case of Portland and the PacNW in general, one can't help but notice how the most militant immigration supporters (and Leftists) choose to live in the Whitest major cities in the U.S.

One would think that they would voluntarily check their privilege and relocate to a more diverse region.

One can only conclude that the Far left either prefers to live in lily White cities, out of preference for being mostly in proximity with only White people, or that their racial insulation has led them to adopt a level militancy that people living in diverse major cities are not willing to indulge in. In other words, that their insulation from multicultural reality is the cause of their politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies