Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 09:11 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times

Advertisements

Ahmed Mohamed, the Muslim teenager who made headlines last year when he was suspended for bringing a homemade clock to school in Irving, returned to the United States Monday afternoon.

“Ahmed and his family have missed his grandmother, his aunts, uncles, cousins and friends here in Irving and across North Texas very much,” Aldean Mohamed said. “Ahmed and his nuclear family miss America and their whole family here in America very much.”

The 14-year-old said he's happy to be back home, and seeing his friends and family is first priority. He's been going to school in Qatar and says there's a 50/50 chance he'll finish high school in the U.S., but says he definitely wants to go to college here. He says he's interested in coding, engineering and technology.

Awwww How Cute, Obamaboy wants to return to the USA. He should be blocked form returning.

Ahmed Mohamed, Irving's infamous 'Clock Boy,' returning to the United States - Story | KDFW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 10:04 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Ahmed Mohamed, the Muslim teenager who made headlines last year when he was suspended for bringing a homemade clock to school in Irving, returned to the United States Monday afternoon.

“Ahmed and his family have missed his grandmother, his aunts, uncles, cousins and friends here in Irving and across North Texas very much,” Aldean Mohamed said. “Ahmed and his nuclear family miss America and their whole family here in America very much.”

The 14-year-old said he's happy to be back home, and seeing his friends and family is first priority. He's been going to school in Qatar and says there's a 50/50 chance he'll finish high school in the U.S., but says he definitely wants to go to college here. He says he's interested in coding, engineering and technology.

Awwww How Cute, Obamaboy wants to return to the USA. He should be blocked form returning.

Ahmed Mohamed, Irving's infamous 'Clock Boy,' returning to the United States - Story | KDFW
Why? He didn't do anything wrong and his Dad ( in the article ) made some of the most patriotic statements I've ever heard coming from a Muslim. He said living in America is beautiful and that when his son was wronged, America stood up and made it right.

I don't see any budding terrorist here.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:51 PM

876 posts, read 814,130 times
There are several things about this story that always bothered me. It just didn't ring true. The briefcase clock didn't look like it was made to be that. It looks like it was made specifically to LOOK LIKE a BOMB, not a clock. If you are skeptical:

I don't know this kid, but he seems pretty smart and this is the best he could come up with? I don't know.

Story: Innocent Muslim boy naively takes his creation to school, where evil white redneck administrators demand his expulsion! It seems like the kid was set up as a victim, only to be redeemed, proving that Muslims don't make bombs after all, see, America!!!??? (to be clear, of course I don't think that all Muslims are terrorists. It's a fraction of a fraction of a percent, not much different from any other religion) And then he gets invited to the White House. Call me a skeptic, but the story seems like it was manufactured from the highest levels of the government, to quell the fires of anti-Islamic sentiment. Is it so far-fetched to think the government doesn't resort to PR manipulation of the public by staging public incidents? It has been done before.

The country is a bit of a powder keg with the wars we are waging in and outside the country. There is always a danger of things getting out of hand as happened in Sacramento. I think that the powers that be will do everything they can think of to maintain order, including staging "incidents."

Last edited by A1eutian; 06-27-2016 at 11:00 PM..

Old 06-27-2016, 11:07 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Quote:

What's your point?

Old 06-28-2016, 02:07 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,700 times
Quote:

GREAT POINT.

El Nox

Old 06-28-2016, 05:07 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
BTW, what happened in Sacramento, currently in Nigeria so I haven't been able to keep up with news back home.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:31 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
What's your point?
Whats my point? The point is that Ahmed was too good to stay in the United States. He then moved to Qatar and accepted a scholarship from a organization with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. He now wants to come back because he thought Qatar would be way better of him than america. He should stay in Qatar, its where he belongs now.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:28 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
We wlll see Clock Boy on the news, with a machete in his hand and a black Isis flag in the other.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:43 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,392,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I don't see any budding terrorist here.
Neither do I. Rather, I just see a tendency for attention getting stunts.

The father has been known to make grandiose statements in the past, and Clock Boy's show and tell with the clock was not his first "look at me" stunt. The teacher, being familiar with him, had told him to keep his "invention" ( a clock removed from it's case) in his back pack and not to plug it in. Of course, Clock Boy was not inclined to follow that instruction. He then plugged it in and waited for it to be noticed.

Though this does not warrant the later over reaction, Clock Boy's father had a Go Fund Me page up and running with in days to "Keep Ahmed building"- Yeah, right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
We wlll see Clock Boy on the news, with a machete in his hand and a black Isis flag in the other.
I rather doubt it. Rather, he will just move in next to this crew: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balloon_boy_hoax

Last edited by Cryptic; 06-28-2016 at 11:57 AM..

Old 06-28-2016, 12:04 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,574 times
Wasn't his dad's (??cleaning??) business something like "Twin Towers Cleaning"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies