Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2018, 08:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddydogs View Post
What that juror hold out did was wrong, she did not take the evidence into account or he would have been found guilty on all charges. It's not a witch hunt, it it was Manafort would have been burned at the stake.
And exactly HOW do y'all know that the other jurors weren't TDS infected Hillary/Bernie/CNN/MSNBC supporters?

Answer: YOU DON'T.

The verdict is the verdict is the verdict. Let the Manafort attorneys take it up on appeal if they so wish...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 08:42 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
The juror who spoke said that she "hoped Manafort wasn't guilty" and that this was all a "witch hunt" against Trump. She brought a damn MAGA hat to trial with her every day.

Absolutely amazing that someone like this made it on a jury. You can imagine why the lone hold out held out. Democracy is hanging by a thread right now. Good god.
Yes, but amazingly, even with her presuppositions, it shows how good a job the Mueller team has done in not only prepping for the trial, but having irrefutable evidence of wrongdoing.

If I was Trump, this would concern me a lot.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Hopefully, Trump will pardon Manafort in the next week or two.
Why?

Old 08-23-2018, 08:48 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Why?
Now that's a good question. What possible justification could there be for pardoning someone convicted of 8 felony counts of bank fraud and tax evasion?

Old 08-23-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Pardons are this administrations only solution to their criminal activity.

Yet they bring their own dangers, as the person pardoned no longer can claim the 5th amendment. Think about that for a minute.

Donald Trump Pardons: How a Pardon Could Backfire | Time
“Anyone pardoned by Trump would lose most of the 5th Amendment’s protection against compelled testimony that might otherwise have incriminated the pardoned family member or associate, making it much easier for DOJ and Congress to require such individuals to give testimony that could prove highly incriminating to Trump himself"

Old 08-23-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Some Trump supporters are too far gone. They can't be reasoned with.

The person you quoted is one of them.
Yes, it's almost like trying to reason with someone about religion.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:59 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yes, it's almost like trying to reason with someone about religion.
Arguing with a trumpie is like taking candy from a wet hen.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The Virginia trial was just the preliminary bout. The trial coming up in the District of Columbia is the main event. Even more evidence and less chance of a Trumpie cretin on the jury.
Don't discount for jury members to take their responsibility seriously, no matter what their bias.

I served on a rape trial jury. My attitude towards rapists is "throw away the key". All the people involved were scummy, the accused rapist, the "victim", and the witnesses.

I was the last hold out during the deliberations. Because I am Canadian, I can't go into any details of the deliberations (it's illegal here), but I can say that, in the end, due to considering ALL the evidence, we found the accused not guilty.

It was obvious with all the guilty decisions, that the Trumpters set their biases aside, and did their proper duty. Some elements of the American justice system is still working.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:02 AM

10,532 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, like I said...Manafort should flee the country, donate millions to the RNC and THEN Trump should pardon him on his last day in office.

Does that sound good to you?

No what, sounds good to me is Manafort and Trump, both in jail for the rest of their lives.

If I have to take one over the other I'll take Trump in jail.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:03 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
First of all, I don't think Manafort has any dirt on Trump. Nothing. You guys talking about him flipping, but provide WHAT kind of information exactly to prosecutors?

Second, Trump will let the second trial and probably the Mueller investigation play out (assuming late 2018/early 2019) and then commute the sentence of Manafort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies