Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 01:48 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
REP. NUNES (R-CA): “So therein lies, so it’s like your classic Catch-22 situation where we were at a – this puts us in such a tough spot. If Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones. Which is really the danger. That’s why I keep, and thank you for saying it by the way, I mean we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away.”

Wow. Sounds like Nunes is planning to protect Trump regardless of the investigation's findings.
All " what" ? goes away??

Old 08-09-2018, 01:54 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Those are tapes of Rachel Maddow. Does anyone have a link to Nunes?

Old 08-09-2018, 01:59 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
https://twitter.com/krassenstein/sta...71426440007680

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/mad...ion-goes-away/

Nunes said it's a "matter of timing." It's not a matter of whether or not Rosenstein has done anything wrong, it's only a matter of when the time is right to sack Rosenstein to stop the Russia investigation.
Nunes is such a lapdog. He's not going to do schit.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:34 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogal9 View Post
The United States is a constitutional republic not a democracy, get used to it.

That’s a false dichotomy: get used to it.

A common definition of “republic” is, to quote the American Heritage Dictionary, “A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them.”

A common definition of “democracy” is, “Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.”

The US may not be a direct democracy but it is a representative democracy.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:46 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
The Nunes stuff was not a surprise for me, and much of it is being taken out of context. Theres nothing that was new to me based on it. I've always known Nunes was a slime. And that the law, or ethics are not important to him.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:51 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Maddow? lmao

how's that Trump tax record she claimed to have work out for ya?
Full disclosure. I like Maddow. But when I saw the first stories about the "Nunes tape," the first think I thought was "Is this real?" I haven't been keeping up with the story, but is anyone -- you know, like Nunes -- claiming this tape is not real?

Old 08-09-2018, 03:03 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
All " what" ? goes away??
The Russian inquiry, the investigation into ANYONE who was involved in the actions between Trump, his minions, other Americans, any foreigners in the subverting of an American election...
And being blatant about compromising the next 50 yrs of Supreme Court decisions in the name of protecting Trump's ass...

Nunes was involved in the Trump campaign and the transition as "foreign policy advisor"
Nunes likely has compromising evidence available for Mueller to discover that shows he was involved as a pass-through, or got Russian money into his campaign...
Nunes has a personal motive to stop this inquiry--not just a partisan one...

The really damning item in that piece of dinner chat is that he and others believe that Kavanaugh will be just as partisan as any of them once he is one the Court and will make no effort to reach a fair and impartial decision about ANY action directed toward stopping the investigation, booting Rosenstein out or Mueller, and certainly would protect Trump's interests over the law...

Now that really is the clinker the Senate has to face
Endorse Kavenaugh and you have KNOWINGLY compromised the next 40 yrs of Supreme Court decisions...
Cause Kavenaugh will lie like a rug about his "impartial" decision making ability

That Nunes---the guy who avoided every aspect of his Committee's avenue of investigation in Trump's and others' complicit behavior/actions--just laid down and abjured his CONSTITUTIONAL responsibility as a Congressman in favor of partisan protection of POTUS...
Think that is pretty plain...

Old 08-09-2018, 03:07 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
That’s a false dichotomy: get used to it.

A common definition of “republic” is, to quote the American Heritage Dictionary, “A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them.”

A common definition of “democracy” is, “Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.”

The US may not be a direct democracy but it is a representative democracy.
I am starting to believe that is not really the case--
When you have one political party who represents less than 50% of the population and they have arranged to control the legislative and executive and now moving to the judicial branch I don't know that "democratic" is in the picture

If a greater balance is not achieved in November I think we sink into the swamp...

Old 08-09-2018, 03:07 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The Nunes stuff was not a surprise for me, and much of it is being taken out of context. Theres nothing that was new to me based on it. I've always known Nunes was a slime. And that the law, or ethics are not important to him.
Calling Nunes a "slime" is unfair. To slime that is.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:10 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matner View Post
Why does Trump keep letting all this go on? Fire all these investigation guys and go on about business. If the congress impeaches, so be it. Trump keeps whining and fussing yet does nothing.
He's smart to do nothing. Democrats *want* him to do something so that they can accuse him of doing something.

If he were really smart though, he would take it a step further and play along with all of them. Offer to keep the investigation open indefinitely if that's what's needed, happily agree to interviews, handing over pertinent information, etc. This would drive democrats nuts, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies