Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 10:44 AM

2,422 posts, read 1,450,473 times

Advertisements

From time to time I watch Young Turks video clips, among other political YouTube channels, and I came across a discussion dealing with China that I felt we have no business in dealing with. Of course it involves Trump and it started off by discussing speculation about China attacking us. (Developing a super sonic missile and strengthening certain military strategies against the US)* Yet they then discuss China possibly invading Taiwan, taking it for China. Here's the video.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2_OBTvC1_A&t=1s

Now, when they began talking about Taiwan and whether or not Trump would take military action in response, the whole time I'm thinking to myself what the world does this have to do with us? Why start WW3, a war that probably WOULD end all wars with the launching of nuclear missiles, over the foreign squabbles between China and Taiwan? If you look at their histories, both nations agree they are one, yet you have two different governments. It would be the dumbest thing we ever did to get involved in such a ridiculous controversy.

Trump is an idiot. I-D-I-O-T!!! Yet if he decided not to respond to China taking Taiwan, I would be all aboard that decision. Looking at this from my perspective, my people have been treated like absolute crap from this nation since the day we step off the boats in chains. To this day, we have never received the deserved reparations, much less received the due respect to be treated as equal. We fought in two World Wars, and came back home only to continue to be lynched, and called the N-word. No way in the world I or any other descendant of slaves would we cross an ocean, putting our life on the line to fight China over something so utterly ridiculous! Now I'm saying its ridiculous for us, because I'm not Chinese. I'm not Taiwanese. Their disputes are their disputes. It's not ridiculous for them. That is their history. It's their problem. I don't believe China is going to go in to Taiwan, and start killing everyone on the island. They are only after reunification. I don't have a problem with that whatsoever, regardless of what type of government China is. They aren't terrorists. They're not North Korea, killing their own people. They are a responsible government for their nation. So unless China went in and started a genocide, why should this concern us?

So those were my thoughts. What I found astounding, was how the Young Turks were for military action against China if they invaded. How they were saying Trump wouldn't get involved because he's an idiot. I also read a lot of comments, and many seemed to be in agreement. Almost as if action against China in this scenario, would be the most natural thing in the world. With any other choice, such as leaving it alone, being the most evil thing known to man. To say the least, I was dumbfounded! My advice to Cenk and Ana is, you want to go over there and fight, be my guess. It would be completely idiotic and downright DETESTABLE for the US to get involved. (Unless, as I said, China just started murdering everyone) A lot of these problems came about because the West attempted*to colonize the world. Shoot, again I was amazed at the Turks and a lot of the comments there. To see so many wishing to see the end of the world over this? Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet y'all tell me what you think. This kind of got me fired up a little bit, just thinking about my own place in this country. For my people to be forced to fight in such a war because this country just can't help but keep it's noses in other people's businesses. SMH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 11:21 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
China won't invade Taiwan.

There's no win to be had there.

Taiwan would be largely destroyed in the process, so what would China hope to gain?

They'd lose plenty of blood and treasure in the combat, while having to endure international sanctions that would strangle their economy.

Unlike the USA at present, China isn't headed up by an ignorant bozo with delusions of grandeur.

So, please relax.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Taiwan would be largely destroyed in the process, so what would China hope to gain?

They'd lose plenty of blood and treasure in the combat, while having to endure international sanctions that would strangle their economy.

Unlike the USA at present, China isn't headed up by an ignorant bozo with delusions of grandeur.

So, please relax.

I don't think they would invade Taiwan either, the thing is if they did, we shouldn't get involved. The responses on that video and in the comments, are puzzling to me. It would be like Vietnam, with a potential of nuclear fallout.

I was astonished by the comments.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:36 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
So if it comes down to it ,are you going to resist the Chinese ( or whom ever it happens to be) invasion or join it?

Old 08-18-2018, 11:39 AM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:

So, please relax.

Minus the tds, you might be tolerable

Old 08-18-2018, 11:42 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
If your brand of politics exists in another country ,why do you not live there ?

Old 08-18-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
So if it comes down to it ,are you going to resist the Chinese ( or whom ever it happens to be) invasion or join it?
What do you mean? The US shouldn't stick it's nose in this type stuff. It's between China and Taiwan.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:46 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:

So, please relax.

Really? I mean we ARE talking about the guy who wants to be president of China for life, no? Come on, at least be honest in your Trump bashing.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:51 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illbeback2 View Post
Impeach Trump and all other Republicans in line for the white house until a Democrat gets in.
Such a ridiculous statement, according to Wikipedia there are 18 people in the official succession plan, closest you will get is 5 deep when you hit Mattis, Sec of Defense who is an Independent.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:14 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
So far the leftist here support Communist China more than they do America it looks like.

Maybe its the noodles. They don't use them when they have them, so who knows.

If they wanted to pretend to be informed on this issue they wouldn't use the link they did and actually look for a more informed and intelligent source. Something on the level of Dr. Pillsbury. He has been around since President Carter admin. and the leading expert on China used by both parties. He wrote the book on China so to speak. The Hundred Year Marathon.

http://www.michaelpillsbury.net/

https://www.iwp.edu/news_publication...tegy-this-fall

https://thehundredyearmarathon.com/

The United States has played an indispensable role helping the Chinese government build a booming economy, develop its scientific and military capabilities, and take its place on the world stage, in the belief that China’s rise will bring us cooperation, diplomacy, and free trade. But what if the “China Dream” is to replace us, just as America replaced the British Empire, without firing a shot.

Last edited by phma; 08-18-2018 at 12:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies