Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2018, 06:35 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Seriously, of all the absurd takes that show up on CD, and there are some doozies, claiming that President Trump is not interested in publicity is the most egregious. Sadly naive even.
Trump not interested in publicity?

Oh, for fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 06:38 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
The man cares more about how he looks to people than the real **** he should be dealing with. He tweets more than Elon Musk, and that's a ****ing lot.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:39 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Voters are going to revoke a lot of Trump’s power this November.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:39 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Seriously, of all the absurd takes that show up on CD, and there are some doozies, claiming that President Trump is not interested in publicity is the most egregious. Sadly naive even.
You only think that because you don't like him. So you try to equate everything he does as something to get attention. That's what people do when they dislike someone. They criticize everything they do. The same was done when "W" was in office. Besides, you're trying to get back at everyone who hated Obama. It's a child's game.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:42 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
It's fair to admit that some people will never like presidents just because of who they are. Happened with Obama, happening now. But some of Trump's dealings are a little off, even for the sanest conservative.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
It's not a privilege for heaven's sake, it is something they do because they love their country more than their political party, something you Trump sycophants can't conceive of.
A security clearance is a privilege. It is given to those who qualify for a specific job in government if their background check shows they can be trusted, and they deserve it.

I had a security clearance in the Navy because I was sent to school to work on cryptographic communications equipment, which was classified. I didn't keep it when I left the Navy. Brennan doesn't need his clearance anymore. He shouldn't have it. Others who should lose their clearances are, Susan Rice (liar), Peter Strzok (liar, and one who, along with others, were trying to stop President Trump from becoming President, and get him removed from office if elected), Lisa Page, Burce Ohr (colluding with Russians), and others on the Mueller team.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:53 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You only think that because you don't like him. So you try to equate everything he does as something to get attention. That's what people do when they dislike someone. They criticize everything they do. The same was done when "W" was in office. Besides, you're trying to get back at everyone who hated Obama. It's a child's game.
No, I think because I have a brain. Wanting attention is not in and of itself bad, the way he goes about it though is exactly how he did when he was on tv making money. It's reality tv in the White House and reality tv is ALL about getting attention. Branding/marketing is his forte and he's fairly good at it but it relies on getting attention. That is his game.

I don't criticize everything he's done. China needed a firm talking to and though the way he went about it made me a little nauseous, it appears something might come from it. I also don't mind the Euro's paying more, but again the methodology was needlessly antagonistic. Something that is common with attention seeking bullies.

I don't give a rats behind about "getting back at" anyone. Obama is some ex-president who I don't think about very often. And he was far from my favorite president. I think he should have taken on congress like Trump has taken on the Euro's. Though he would've had better reason and done so with a bit of dignity.

You have strange thoughts on the issue. Clearly, your ability to imagine what others are thinking is badly skewed.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
"Spygate"......?
You mean you don't know what that is? Oh, you must only watch MSNBC and CNN.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:01 AM

Quote:
You have strange thoughts on the issue. Clearly, your ability to imagine what others are thinking is badly skewed.
I think I know a little about human nature.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:04 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think I know a little about human nature.
And the emperor really liked his new clothes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies