Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 05:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Appearing to carry a firearm when isn't normally legal to do is,
It is legal to do. Just step up and admit that the 2A was only meant for white people.

Old 08-22-2018, 05:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
What has become of our country that otherwise normal citizens are so adamant about defending criminal deviants? It wasn't always like this.
Many of us are condemning the unlawful actions of the female officer. Even those who support this guy getting killed admit her actions were wrong so what are you trying to say?

Old 08-22-2018, 05:18 AM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Whatever many of you "admit" means jack zip. This is a perfect shoot which falls well within the various laws and court precedent involved.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-22-2018, 05:19 AM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It is legal to do.
Not without a permit in Chicago and the scarcity of said permits issued in the city, it makes it more likely than not that he was carrying illegally, which he was.
Quote:
Just step up and admit that the 2A was only meant for white people.
I'm black, I have a permit, I carry often, I believe in constitutional carry and even the right for private citizens having access to anything the individual soldier has access to, and I'm in contact with law enforcement at least monthly. In short, you don't know me.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:00 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
People should respect that? That's the country you want? DO what you are told, say "Yes um" or risk being killed?
Well my exaggeration was intended to point out the obvious. But for the sake of argument, given a choice between death or having to follow the command of LEO's in a particular situation, then yes, most with half a brain will choose life or death.

To the larger point your question implies, of course we do not want to live in a police state. However, a more logical and healthy way to deal with particular situations is to comply, and then once you are safe from ventilation, you report the incident.
Police departments have become much more community friendly than in the past, and are less tolerant of rogue cops. This despite their low standards for hiring/promoting.

So yes, people need to act civil/respectful towards LEO's, rather than acting like no one is going to tell them what to do.
That normally leads to a less positive outcome, even if the person does not meet his maker like this one did.

`

Old 08-22-2018, 08:19 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
What has become of our country that otherwise normal citizens are so adamant about defending criminal deviants? It wasn't always like this.
Good question, and I have often wondered this myself.

I suspect we have been brainwashed by Hollywood and other media to fight authority and not give in to "the man".
Many a rap song has such themes, even about killing cops.
It isn't just black kids listening to that garbage. I have a friend whose younger sister was what some people called a wigger. She only listened to rap, and essentially tried to dress, talk and act ghetto. One day I remember her singing some song I'd never really listened to the words to (rap songs were not my thing) and this song actually had anti-white lyrics. When I pointed this out to her, she seemed indifferent, just "liking the beat of the song".
Anyway, portrayal of positive law abiding citizens bringing lemonade to a LEO on a hot day has been replaced with disrespectful images of rage against them.

That combined with many shows depicting police brutality, racism and the like give a false impression of police being the enemy, with large numbers of bad cops.
The reality is of course just the opposite, with over 1 million LEO's positively and civilly interacting daily with the citizenry. These are irrefutable statistics, yet the news media plays up any and every incident as if it is the norm.
So my guess is that the general populace is being conditioned/brainwashed into thinking all governmental authority is inherently bad/evil. The police are on the front lines of maintaining law & order, so they naturally are going to feel and see this phenomenon more than anyone else.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies