Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2018, 09:54 AM

30,191 posts, read 11,840,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Its not about "expecting to be disabled". Its about a safety net which is close to non-existent in Texas. Particularly bad is the total lack of health care for anyone earning more than $300 a month. Your only real solution is to try to scam the system, which says a lot really. Its appalling.

I am not saying you have to scam the system but lots of people do. And most of the people who wanted to be paid under the table came with my time in California. They do it everywhere not just Texas. Its called working the system. And if someone is really disabled and cannot work or earn money they are taken care of in Texas. They are not going to homeless. Here is a shocker but lots of people lie and exaggerate their situation to get public assistance. That is something most on the left thinks hardly ever happens.

Homelessness is a much bigger issue in liberal California than Texas. Most of the homeless I have come in contact with in my lifetime have mental health or substance abuse issues. Not because they are disabled.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:54 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,975,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why? There are specific federal laws against employer discrimination against the disabled.
Because they can no longer do the job required of them. Dont be silly. You know your agenda leads to misery and despair, so why try to hide it? Just be honest and embrace the callous results of your sociopathic agenda. You just ride your luck and hope you dont become disabled.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:56 AM

23,582 posts, read 17,258,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Germany has lower unemployment rate, overall lower cost of living (food, rent, etc.), MUCH better infrastructure, higher standard of living/quality of life, better safety net/social welfare, universal healthcare, better work environment, mandatory PTO’s, free public institutions, better public transportation, higher life expectancy, - yet still has much higher population density than the US and has 83.3 million people (still large). What happened to ‘America the great?’ Lmao

Please, no replies that says “Move to Germany” or “America has higher population” all stupid excuses.
Thanks!
DE first of all is monoculture and the physical size of the country is a major factor. Let's see how the system works with the ME invasion.

DE spends almost nothing on self defense. DE has a sugar daddy to meet that need. If the US gave up its military, it could afford all sort of free stuff. Free stuff is not the way to motivate productivity, imagination and creativity, required to perpetuate constant qol improvement.

laws are very different which shapes the culture, behavior and expectations critical to that systems economy.

'It is a criminal offense in Germany to show disrespect for the colors, flag, coat of arms or national anthem of the country or any of its states; or to remove, damage or disfigure any publicly displayed national flag or symbol. Insulting an individual can also be a criminal offense, particularly if the individual is an official, such as a policeman or judge, acting under his legal authority.'

'Drug offenses such as importation, sale or possession of narcotics, including marijuana and hashish, are considered serious crimes.'

'Physical examinations can be made over the suspect’s objection. Blood samples, for example, may be taken if the alleged offense is related to drugs or alcohol, provided this doesn’t pose a health danger.'

Old 08-19-2018, 09:57 AM

2,362 posts, read 779,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect. Yet again. I take it that you have never been to Europe.
In almost all cases the average tourist will run into, VAT is included in the price.

There are some exceptions though. Eg cafeterias selling cold (none junk) food. If you take it out of the cafeteria you're not subject to VAT but if you eat it in the cafeteria, you're. So in those cases, it's usually added at the end to determine your behavior.

But prices are almost always advertised with the VAT included. In fact, it's a regulation.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am not saying you have to scam the system but lots of people do. And most of the people who wanted to be paid under the table came with my time in California. They do it everywhere not just Texas. Its called working the system. And if someone is really disabled and cannot work or earn money they are taken care of in Texas. They are not going to homeless. Homelessness is a much bigger issue in liberal California. Most of the homeless I have come in contact with in my lifetime have mental health or substance abuse issues. Not because they are disabled.
Obviously you are going to get mental health issues after living on the streets for a while. And that leads to substance abuse.

Of course the disabled or the people who are partly disabled are not taken care of in Texas. Thats why people who earn more than $300 a month dont get health care. Even if you are not disabled, plenty of people cant get enough money to pay for health care which is very expensive. Even with children. So people have to choose between food and medicine for their children.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:00 AM

30,191 posts, read 11,840,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
In almost all cases the average tourist will run into, VAT is included in the price.

There are some exceptions though. Eg cafeterias selling cold (none junk) food. If you take it out of the cafeteria you're not subject to VAT but if you eat it in the cafeteria, you're. So in those cases, it's usually added at the end to determine your behavior.

But prices are almost always advertised with the VAT included. In fact, it's a regulation.

That is smart actually. Hide the fact that people are being taxed to death by the government. Gives the allusion that health care is free and taxes are not that high.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:02 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,601,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Please, no replies that says “Move to Germany” or “America has higher population” all stupid excuses.
Thanks!
not stupid, just logical and reasonable.
you want Germany? go to Germany, then.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:03 AM

2,362 posts, read 779,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is smart actually. Hide the fact that people are being taxed to death by the government. Gives the allusion that health care is free and taxes are not that high.
I always found the US system annoying, especially when I'm paying in cash. Now I have to do mental gymnastics to figure out if I have enough. It should be part of the price, all receipts state how much was VAT anyways if you find this fascinating.

Not to mention the US has so many hidden fees. Have you ever tried to book a room at a US hotel recently? You think you paid your fee and then you get there and say you need to pay resort fee, blah blah.

And then there is the tipping culture, where in the US you're expected to pay 15-20% on every meal with service.

The US is the land of the "gotcha". Where the price you see is not the price you pay. The land of the scammers.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect. Yet again. I take it that you have never been to Europe.
Its a legal requirement. All stores include VAT in prices. You're just rambling, just like with your claim that the Economist is lying with their McDonald's Big Mac prices.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:07 AM

89,072 posts, read 44,906,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Platitudes
Realities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies