Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 01:55 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bureaucat View Post
at least she hasn’t referred to mueller, prosecutors and democrats as “infidel” yet.

But the operative word is “yet”.

Very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 01:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Cohen opened a "YUGE" can of worms is all I have to say.
I'm thinking what happened is Cohen had documentation/tapes that showed these men the CFO & the Pecker, I mean Pecker -- were involved in discussions.

So they came to those guys and said - we got you -- we got him -- but we will give you immunity if you agree to testify against Cohen.

And then they said to Cohen -- these guys are going to testify against you but if you plea -- lesser sentence.

So they have hard evidence and then they have the testimony of these guys.

The thing is -- is there anything that implicates Trump.

It is going to be harder and harder to believe that Trump didn't know SOMETHING...given that these guys worked so closely with him. Come on now, the CFO of Trump Organization...whoa.

Whether or not there is criminality for Trump -- who knows...but definitely there is enough for these guys to take immunity and plea deals.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:02 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
For Trump the entire exercise was about touting his brand. To be known as "former presidential candidate Donald Trump". To go on talk shows and bloviate as if he had some credibility since he was a "former presidential candidate". And all the while claiming the election was rigged in favor of "crooked Hilary". Well, it didn't turn out that way.
Agreed. Trump has always been about his brand and his legacy for his family. It will be interesting to observe what’s left of the Trump Org and DJT Foundation when the SDNY is through with its surgical dissection of these entities.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:06 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, not having paid TV I don't know which channels you are talking about.

But having lived through Nixon and Watergate and Iran-Contra and many other such scandals...let alone OJ, etc......I know a crook when I see one.

And these guys are crooks.

Nothing at all unconstitutional about probes. For some reason I don't think you spent 5 years yapping about the Ken Starr problem into what....a real estate deal which was never done?

Silly......which of these things is not like the other?

Hey, you like crooks. That's your prerogative. A certain percentage of people like crooks...as long as they perceive that those are "their crooks". Most Russians like Putin yet they know he is a crook and is stealing 10's of billions of their birthright and storing it overseas.

But he solved these problems by being a dictator. Now it's not illegal. You may want to go live there or under a similar regime.
Amen, sister...

Old 08-24-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm thinking what happened is Cohen had documentation/tapes that showed these men the CFO & the Pecker, I mean Pecker -- were involved in discussions.

So they came to those guys and said - we got you -- we got him -- but we will give you immunity if you agree to testify against Cohen.

And then they said to Cohen -- these guys are going to testify against you but if you plea -- lesser sentence.

So they have hard evidence and then they have the testimony of these guys.

The thing is -- is there anything that implicates Trump.

It is going to be harder and harder to believe that Trump didn't know SOMETHING...given that these guys worked so closely with him. Come on now, the CFO of Trump Organization...whoa.

Whether or not there is criminality for Trump -- who knows...but definitely there is enough for these guys to take immunity and plea deals.
The irony is that Trump himself advertises himself as a take charge guy
He boasts about how he is in charge and making all the deals himself, that it is his decisions that make the profits and cause such success

But when it comes to culpability for wrongdoing--
Then response is "who me???"

It is just laughable...
Anyone who has worked with Trump and spoke about the experience has said he is a micro-manager and totally anal about money
That no expense report was paid unless Trump reviewed it and signed off on it because he didn't want his people taking advantage of his money or him...
That he made the decisions about what type of flooring, what type of woodwork, what type of material was chosen for his buildings---
HIS style was what was promised--even if they were the cheapest he got get, the faucets "gold-plated", the wood flooring the cheapest veneer guaranteed not to last very long at all...
And now that people are starting to shake out of the woodwork and point the finger at him as the orchestra leader---he throws the baton away and refuses to take a bow...

Old 08-24-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Dbones only wants proof of one thing and one thing alone. Collusion. If there is no collusion nothing else matters.
Do you think he would be willing to admit collusion existed if it were sitting in his lap in a Stars and Stripes bikini???
Cause I don't

Just like they could not admit Obama was a decent man who was trashed by the GOP leadership who didn't give a rat's ass for what he had to do to bring the country back from the economic plummet and the RE debacle that started under Bush and Greenspan---two guys that should be in jail themselves...

Old 08-24-2018, 02:27 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
For Trump the entire exercise was about touting his brand. To be known as "former presidential candidate Donald Trump". To go on talk shows and bloviate as if he had some credibility since he was a "former presidential candidate". And all the while claiming the election was rigged in favor of "crooked Hilary".
He certainly didn't expect to win.

Quote:
Well, it didn't turn out that way.
Before this amusing episode is over, my bet is that tRump will wish 100 times that Hillary had won.

Oh, well...

Old 08-24-2018, 02:34 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
He certainly didn't expect to win.

Before this amusing episode is over, my bet is that tRump will wish 100 times that Hillary had won.

Oh, well...

I'd bet good money that he's wishing that now.

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1033010165602238464

Old 08-24-2018, 02:48 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
........this is getting good. I do want to see either Donnie Jr or Jared do the perp walk,that will be fun.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:53 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
What a horrific week for Donald Trump. It keeps getting worse and worse...wow.

In exchange for immunity, Weisselburg is going to sing like a canary.

Trump supporters must be feeling bummed lately.....this is the beginning of the end for Trump's presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies