Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 07:15 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Actually it does, to me. If you feel these animals are such civilized beasts as to call them human beings, well then you would have no problem having a halfway house next door to you, or starting a company that only hires convicted felons, especially those convicted of the violent crimes.
Talk is cheap. I hear people defend these animals and refer to them as humans. What you seldom see are the bleeding hearts welcoming the animals into their own homes, gated communities, or hiring them to work in their own homes or around their own daughters. I don't blame them either. If a dog is known for biting, you should be very hesitant about reaching out to pet it. It's hard to break old habits.
Richard Loving convicted and spent a year in prison..... all for marrying a black woman.

Yeh... animal he is!

This post doesn't even begin to address the implications of legalizing the stripping of inalienable rights of a human.

Stripping away the 13th in combination of privatized prisons would incentivize corruption with unnecessary prison sentences to line pockets and introduce an unfair competition in the market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 07:40 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Richard Loving convicted and spent a year in prison..... all for marrying a black woman.

Yeh... animal he is!

This post doesn't even begin to address the implications of legalizing the stripping of inalienable rights of a human.

Stripping away the 13th in combination of privatized prisons would incentivize corruption with unnecessary prison sentences to line pockets and introduce an unfair competition in the market.
Now see there you have it. The event from another era. Lets discuss modern v violent crimes. Rape, Murder, Pedophilia, attempted murder, arson, to name a few.

What you attempt to do is represent Richard Loving as your average felon or violent offender. The left does the same with illegals. They will look long and hard to find one who is a chemical engineering student and represent that one as the average illegal. Obama actually did do that.

Yeh so lets talk other felons. Ted Bundy? To extreme? Ok lets just say your average rapist, or your average armed robber, or your average car jacker, or your average gang banger locked up for pulling a drive by shooting? How about your average white supremacist wife beater who just got a little too drunk and too carried away? Yeh animals they are.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:42 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The type of work that you are talking about is not forced. Jobs in prison are privileges that have to be earned. In addition, they get paid for that privilege to work.

Despite them earning the privilege, it is not going to be cheap for someone to hire them. Those prisoners have to be guarded by a paid Corrections Officer. There's transport to and from the job site. There are meals that have to be packed and stored for the inmates on the work site. Sure, sure 'state government' picks up the tab...which means someone is paying for it. That money doesn't materialize out of thin air.
Well, when you consider that the alternatives prisoners have is to stare at the wall or be sodomized by other inmates all day, is it really voluntary? There are many alternative constructive ways to put prisoners' time to use (if anyone actually gaf about rehabilitating them). Prison conditions aren't the way they are by accident.

And yes, we the taxpayers fund this.

It's a genius scam that corporations have going on...they get nearly no-cost labor that isn't actually cheap, but is largely paid for by taxpayers. Meanwhile the taxpaying public is excited to pay seemingly low prices for whatever crap they're buying, buying more from said corporations.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:44 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Well, when you consider that the alternatives prisoners have is to stare at the wall or be sodomized by other inmates all day, is it really voluntary? There are many alternative constructive ways to put prisoners' time to use (if anyone actually gaf about rehabilitating them). Prison conditions aren't the way they are by accident.

And yes, we the taxpayers fund this.

It's a genius scam that corporations have going on...they get nearly no-cost labor that isn't actually cheap, but is largely paid for by taxpayers. Meanwhile the taxpaying public is excited to pay seemingly low prices for whatever crap they're buying, buying more from said corporations.
Well we could simply execute all violent offenders. Execute all rapists, execute all pedophiles etc.
What we shouldn't be doing is housing non-violent criminals with those who are.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:50 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Now see there you have it. The event from another era. Lets discuss modern v violent crimes. Rape, Murder, Pedophilia, attempted murder, arson, to name a few.

What you attempt to do is represent Richard Loving as your average felon or violent offender. The left does the same with illegals. They will look long and hard to find one who is a chemical engineering student and represent that one as the average illegal. Obama actually did do that.

Yeh so lets talk other felons. Ted Bundy? To extreme? Ok lets just say your average rapist, or your average armed robber, or your average car jacker, or your average gang banger locked up for pulling a drive by shooting? How about your average white supremacist wife beater who just got a little too drunk and too carried away? Yeh animals they are.
Era? 1967 is not another era.... and I know its easier to pick on the boogyman when you are challenged... but I'm not "from the left".

Again.. you miss the implications of such actions. and no.. your are not being original or enlightened. Many instances of Draconian punishment in history which is what we risk defining ourselves.

I don't believe an white supremacist should be stripped of their human rights. Being a white supremacist isn't a crime as much as I don't like them.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Actually it does, to me. If you feel these animals are such civilized beasts as to call them human beings, well then you would have no problem having a halfway house next door to you, or starting a company that only hires convicted felons, especially those convicted of the violent crimes.
Talk is cheap. I hear people defend these animals and refer to them as humans. What you seldom see are the bleeding hearts welcoming the animals into their own homes, gated communities, or hiring them to work in their own homes or around their own daughters. I don't blame them either. If a dog is known for biting, you should be very hesitant about reaching out to pet it. It's hard to break old habits.
My stepfather had a small business, and he preferentially hired (non-violent) ex-cons, assuming they were also otherwise qualified. Almost without exception, they were loyal and hard-working employees who absolutely deserved a second chance in life. The few who were problematic were problematic in the same way any bad employee would be (being consistently late, no-showing, etc).

If you think someone is an "animal" for being a mere drug user, prostitute, or not showing up for jury duty, then I sure hope you're perfect and never broke a single law.

The violent ones are certainly animals, who belong in cages, but that is certainly not everyone in jail.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Well we could simply execute all violent offenders. Execute all rapists, execute all pedophiles etc.
What we shouldn't be doing is housing non-violent criminals with those who are.
I'm down with that. Well, provided that there is absolutely no possibility of them actually being innocent, since that can and does happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies