Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 10:11 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,247,213 times

Advertisements

The standard rebuttal to anything negative about Trump or his policies is "But Obama." Personally, I saw a huge difference after W left. My 401K grew back enough for me to retire finally, and all of my children were able to find jobs paying living wages and pay off their college loans. How did you do?

Is this what you remember, or not...?

https://tericarter.wordpress.com/201...g-under-obama/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 10:20 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,773,316 times
Clinton was handed an economy in recession. Left with a booming economy.

Bush was handed a booming economy. Left office with an economy in ruins.

Obama was handed an economy in ruins. Left office with a booming economy.

Trump was handed a booming economy. We know how this turns out...

Old 08-30-2018, 10:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,572,093 times
Yep...

I was able to retire early. And the growth in my 410K allowed me to pay off all debts except for the mortgage on our cabin. But we pay extra and will get the 30 year loan paid off in 15 years. And that's right around the corner.

The Obama years started off shaky, thank to the spectacular failure of Dubya's trickle-down economics. But America survived and revived.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:22 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,989,154 times
I'm astonished that anyone who believes the POTUS can control the markets actually has successful results in their investing.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:22 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,108,092 times
The Obama years were pretty good to me. No complaints.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:24 AM

24,521 posts, read 17,271,978 times
Obama had his ups and downs just like ever President before him and brace yourself... just like History will show with President Trump after his term or terms.

I liked Obama in his first term but in the second I started to suspect that he was not a fan of America when he wanted to fundamentally change it and the he stirred the pot of racism and brought it from a simmer to a boil. He did nothing to quell the violence and outright calls by groups to murder Police. There were so many questionable acts by Obama that it left one wondering whose side he was on such as inviting BLM to the white house, blaming the Benghazi attack on a stupid video while he and Hillary played politics and our people died and who could forget the Rose Garden ceremony honoring the return of the traitor Bowie Bergdahl ?

We all know that the mass media outside FOX and right wing shows treated Obama with kid gloves and elevated him to rock star status in the eyes of the masses. They worked on Obama's image just as hard as they are trying to now demolish Trumps.

I still think that Obama was a good President but he faltered on many things when he had a chance to really do amazing things.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:25 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,147,288 times
Did not care for Obama, don't care for Trump. But, biggest hit on my income was with Reagan and Dubya. When Dubya left office in 2008, the economy was in shambles. Some things may never recover. Reagan's policies destroyed the best job I have ever had.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:26 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,388,095 times
I had no complaints while President Obama was in office, but then my entire life has been pretty great, and the few difficult times I've personally experienced had little to do with who was sitting in the Oval Office.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:27 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,284,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The standard rebuttal to anything negative about Trump or his policies is "But Obama." Personally, I saw a huge difference after W left. My 401K grew back enough for me to retire finally, and all of my children were able to find jobs paying living wages and pay off their college loans. How did you do?

Is this what you remember, or not...?

https://tericarter.wordpress.com/201...g-under-obama/
I had the same experience--better job, more money and good 401k result. Also was able to work contractually and get health insurance without being tied to a company. Mentally we suffered a lot less, as well. He did not yammer on day and night, he did not need unlimited attention, he did not tweet out lies and insults 24/7. He was not an exhausting needy child with a need to bully everyone.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:28 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,989,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I had no complaints while President Obama was in office, but then my entire life has been pretty great, and the few difficult times I've personally experienced had little to do with who was sitting in the Oval Office.
Kind of sad how many people try to pin their hopes, dreams, failures, and successes on someone else, huh? I guess because they get force fed this BS so often they don't even see how pathetic it looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies