Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 05:13 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Good Trump as the article names him did a good deed when he approved what is referred to as Air Force 2 to shuttle the body of John McCain and his family to DC.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35364...in-joseph-curl

Why don't we hear this kind of positive Trump news and instead we hear the constant trashing of him by the media heralding McCains daughter for sticking it to Trump??

Maybe she didn't like the inflight meal ?
Does this negate Trump's tweet? He open's up his 140 character reach to the masses, spews garbage and yet, people continue to blame the media for that which the POTUS does to himself. People are smarter than what Trump gives them credit for and so should we all be to smart to be taken in ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 05:17 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes technically POTUS signs off on lending out the plane.

I think it is disturbing that Trump supporters are so desparate to make Trump a martyr that they are praising him for an administration act that other Presidents have done a million times without any kind of 'aww they did something nice, we need to bow at their feet.'.

It's the least he could do.

If he didn't loan the plane that would have been the issue.

What a distorted perception of how things should be.
That's funny. I see it as disturbing that President Trump did something that other presidents have done "a million" times seems to be a good reason to not compliment Trump for doing the same.

It's as if the left will never under any circumstances compliment him.

What a distorted delusion the lefties live in every day. TDS does that to a person......or two.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:17 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Personally dont care if he respects anyone or not, we aren't here to make friends, we are here to make money and get the economy stimulated. That is something people to me, seem to forget. Would you rather everyone like you and everyone be poor? or everyone hate you, and everyone being prosper? because I am a millennial and I am tired of people wanting hand outs, Take away all benefits from those who don't deserve it and focus on the growth of the nation.

Who cares if he served or not, serving doesnt really mean anything to me, it doesnt "command" respect. just my opinion, everyone has one.
The only problem is that if you elect a guy who is going to run roughshod over things like freedom of the press, independence of the Justice Dept, etc... then you are going to undermine the principles that keep this place from becoming an autocracy. Do that enough, and even the near-term GDP bump won't make up for the long-term costs.

A minimum level of character and support of Constitutional ideals matter. It's clear to me Trump doesn't have them.

By the way, there are times in life when a fight comes your way, whether you like it or not. You should be grateful that there are such people who will step up and face death to save your ass and your way of life. You don't have to serve, but it's sad that you can't find it in you to respect those who do.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:20 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Trump lends a plane to McCain family and the press is silent?

The plane belongs to the people of the United States, not to Trump.

If he actually did lend a plane (he owns a 757 and possibly something else), that would be newsworthy, but for now this is just another bit of faux outrage from you.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:26 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Good Trump as the article names him did a good deed when he approved what is referred to as Air Force 2 to shuttle the body of John McCain and his family to DC.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/35364...in-joseph-curl

Why don't we hear this kind of positive Trump news and instead we hear the constant trashing of him by the media heralding McCains daughter for sticking it to Trump??

Maybe she didn't like the inflight meal ?

Trump has stayed 100% classy throughout out this hyper politicized by the leftists garish spectacle of a funeral. And in that he came out of it the real winner. It' has backfired spectacularly in the faces of the very PC establishment who came after him. They never learn.

Of course the 100% corrupt MSM and those they tell how to think on a daily basis will never acknowledge it. It doesn't fit the narrative.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:37 PM

5,948 posts, read 2,870,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
How in the world does that take away from the OP? The plane had to be approved for use by POTUS, which he allowed to happen. The OP referred to Air Force 2 (a government owned plane), not POTUS' personal, privately owned aircraft.
Obama thought it was his.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:40 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I'm glad that trump found it in himself to behave decently in this case, and not disapprove of the use of the plane. I'm sure he would know what horrible PR it would be for him to decline the use.

A part of me can't help but thing that if he really had anything to do with it, he would be tweeting it all over the place.

But at the end of the day, it is a government plane paid for by the people.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-03-2018, 05:47 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm glad that trump found it in himself to behave decently in this case, and not disapprove of the use of the plane. I'm sure he would know what horrible PR it would be for him to decline the use.

A part of me can't help but thing that if he really had anything to do with it, he would be tweeting it all over the place.

Good point. Trump would be the first to be crowing about it. He may not have even realized all the details and expenses he was authorizing when they put the papers in front of him.

The DOD had a lot of expenses, with the caisson and the honor guards and all of that appropriate for a Senator. The same kind of treatment Trump would be expected to get in his own passing, assuming he retires honorably.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:49 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Has he ever let PR dictate his actions before this?

Old 09-03-2018, 05:53 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Has he ever let PR dictate his actions before this?
Very good point. Perhaps PR would be the wrong term, but I think most understood.

I think self-aggrandizement would be more apropos.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies