Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 05:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why hasn't "Crooked Hillary" been locked up yet?

Her crimes haven't gone away
and the dust that Poncho bit down south ended up in Mueller's mouth.

According to the ballad of Poncho & Lefty. ( it fits Hillary )

All the Federales say they could have got her any day.
They let her slip away out kindness, I suppose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zprRZ2wFQD4
I so appreciate your sense of humor.

Even if I think you cheer for the wrong team right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 05:46 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I so appreciate your sense of humor.

Even if I think you cheer for the wrong team right now.
My wife says I'm the best mistake she ever made.

Humm……. I wonder what she means by that....

Old 09-04-2018, 05:51 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Another one of Trump's failed campaign promises but what do you expect from a con man?
Considering all the whining the left did over his travel ban, it's no wonder he hesitates to implement more of his promises.

Trump can only take so much liberal whining before compromising, unlike the community organizer who shoved Executive Orders down America's throat.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:11 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Because the stupid left are doubling down and think the crooked fool has a chance.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:29 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
How are you on logic?

Logic would dictate this: If someone promises repeatedly to bring the law on someone and doesn't, the logical conclusion is that THERE WAS NO CASE TO BEGIN WITH, AND THERE WERE NO CRIMES.

Keep in mind: Just because Trump (or you) object to something, and even if something may seem suspicious and despicable, like Trump firing Preet Bharara or cozying up to Putin, that doesn't mean it's illegal.
That simple fact should not need to be repeated yet it escapes rabid Trump supporters. This is Trumps own selection to DOJ and …… nothing.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
The new definition of "should": Will be.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:19 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Money buys you freedom in this country.
Is that a quote from Paul Manafort?

Old 09-05-2018, 11:28 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
It's after Labor Day in Trump's second year. This was one of his campaign promises. Why hasn't he even tried to make this happen and put "Crooked Hillary" in jail for her crimes?
Oh, there are little things involved like criminal statutes that require proof of criminal intent and a list of other elements before someone can be convicted of a crime. When Comey made his announcement in 2016 that's what he was saying. There was insufficient evidence to prove the elements contained in the Espionage Act of 1918.

All this talk about "locking her up" is malarky. Can't happen. Won't happen. Just exists as a figment in the imagination of Hillary Haters.

Its a good theme to stir up Trump supporters at rallies though.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:38 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Still don't see where Trump has "promised" to Lock Her Up.
I see his opinion. I see his fan base chant.
But I have yet to see or hear, Trump "promise" to lock her up
You'd do well in a circus - bending yourself into all sorts of positions.

I suppose you missed the part where he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldTrump
I will ask, to appoint a special prosecutor. We have to investigate Hillary Clinton, and we have to investigate the investigation.”
Ok, now let's play a game that involves some critical thinking. Trump says in one sentence that he will ask to appoint a special prosecutor. In the next sentence, he says we have to investigate Hillary Clinton. And in a later sentence "people have gone to jail for less."

So, now is Trump saying he's going to appoint a special prosecutor to look into why he's so orange? And all that stuff about Clinton is a non-sequitur? No, he's saying he's going to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton's crimes that should put her in jail. And what happens when you are found guilty of crimes?

You get:
Locked.
Up.

Where's this special prosecutor? I haven't heard of it. In a Republican Presidency with a Republican House and a Republican Senate with a Republican-appointed Attorney General... you'd think he'd be able to come through on his promise to appoint a prosecutor to investigate Clinton and...

Lock.
Her.
Up.

Hasn't happen. Gee. I wonder why?

Now, the best argument you'd have (I'll make it for you) is that maybe he did ask for a special prosecutor and they said "No, we don't have anything on her so we can't go forward with it."See? Promise kept! Funny, I don't see Trump apologizing for all the nonsense he said about how she should be locked up. Nah. He can't be wrong.

Or if we come back to reality, he never asked for a special prosecutor. He merely leveraged "Lock Her Up" to his advantage to drum up excitement with his base. Yet, back to the point in hand.

He failed to keep his campaign promise. SAD.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:15 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
You'd do well in a circus - bending yourself into all sorts of positions.

I suppose you missed the part where he said:

Ok, now let's play a game that involves some critical thinking. Trump says in one sentence that he will ask to appoint a special prosecutor. In the next sentence, he says we have to investigate Hillary Clinton. And in a later sentence "people have gone to jail for less."

So, now is Trump saying he's going to appoint a special prosecutor to look into why he's so orange? And all that stuff about Clinton is a non-sequitur? No, he's saying he's going to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton's crimes that should put her in jail. And what happens when you are found guilty of crimes?

You get:
Locked.
Up.

Where's this special prosecutor? I haven't heard of it. In a Republican Presidency with a Republican House and a Republican Senate with a Republican-appointed Attorney General... you'd think he'd be able to come through on his promise to appoint a prosecutor to investigate Clinton and...

Lock.
Her.
Up.

Hasn't happen. Gee. I wonder why?

Now, the best argument you'd have (I'll make it for you) is that maybe he did ask for a special prosecutor and they said "No, we don't have anything on her so we can't go forward with it."See? Promise kept! Funny, I don't see Trump apologizing for all the nonsense he said about how she should be locked up. Nah. He can't be wrong.

Or if we come back to reality, he never asked for a special prosecutor. He merely leveraged "Lock Her Up" to his advantage to drum up excitement with his base. Yet, back to the point in hand.

He failed to keep his campaign promise. SAD.

The bar was set far lower for keeping campaign promises by the last administration, trump has a long way to go to catch up....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies