Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 04:20 PM

1,261 posts, read 569,191 times

Advertisements

Shouldn’t a religious institution be revoked its tax exemption and even perhaps be banned or not protected under the First Amendment for spreading violence, hatred or spread messages that homosexuality, apostasy, adultery, etc. carries death penalty and encourage its adherents to blow themselves up or kill somebody because of what is written in the Islamic and Jewish scriptures? I think it’s absurd and quite threatening.

Many Muslims and religious Jews spread violence and/or hatred to our societies which is incompatible especially in the 21st Century and the Western world.

Why should the American government give those synagogues and mosques tax exemption when they show hate and violence?!

Old 09-11-2018, 04:22 PM

19,731 posts, read 10,153,367 times
Christians thrive on hating other religions and homosexuals, etc. What about them?

Old 09-11-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Christians thrive on hating other religions and homosexuals, etc. What about them?
Jesus who is the central figure of Christianity showed nothing but love, peace and forgiveness. In fact he healed a sick man on the Sabbath of which it was considered wrong to do during that time so much so that the Jewish Pharisees were upset and he saved a women from being stoned to death convicted of adultery. There is no place in the New Testament where Jesus commanded people to do anything evil, or to kill or to do anything bad. Any so-called Christians who hate or do any harm to somebody is totally against their faith and do not represent the great true faith and religion.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:29 PM

15,868 posts, read 14,508,751 times
Maybe no religious institutions should be give tax exempt status. Look at the violence that's been done in the name of Christianity over the centuries. Or more recently, the fact that the Catholic church actively abetted the sexual exploitation of minors by it's priests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Shouldn’t a religious institution be revoked its tax exemption and even perhaps be banned or not protected under the First Amendment for spreading violence, hatred or spread messages that homosexuality, apostasy, adultery, etc. carries death penalty and encourage its adherents to blow themselves up or kill somebody because of what is written in the Islamic and Jewish scriptures? I think it’s absurd and quite threatening.

Many Muslims and religious Jews spread violence and/or hatred to our societies which is incompatible especially in the 21st Century and the Western world.

Why should the American government give those synagogues and mosques tax exemption when they show hate and violence?!

Old 09-11-2018, 04:30 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,599,633 times
Exemptions for all or exemptions for none.

You have a lot to learn about your own message of peace, love, and forgiveness.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Maybe no religious institutions should be give tax exempt status. Look at the violence that's been done in the name of Christianity over the centuries. Or more recently, the fact that the Catholic church actively abetted the sexual exploitation of minors by it's priests.
Nothing bad has been done in the name of Christianity as it cannot be justified in the name of Christ. What happened during the crusades 1000 years ago was to protect Christians from being brutally murdered by the Muslims there was no other choice but to defend.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:35 PM

68,348 posts, read 54,477,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Jesus who is the central figure of Christianity showed nothing but love, peace and forgiveness. In fact he healed a sick man on the Sabbath of which it was considered wrong to do during that time so much so that the Jewish Pharisees were upset and he saved a women from being stoned to death convicted of adultery. There is no place in the New Testament where Jesus commanded people to do anything evil, or to kill or to do anything bad. Any so-called Christians who hate or do any harm to somebody is totally against their faith and do not represent the great true faith and religion.

Yet there are a number of places in the New Testament that tell us only God can judge. I guess you haven't read them yet.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:38 PM

57,383 posts, read 26,294,968 times
I would start with political groups that are tax exempt before worrying about religious groups.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:39 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,130,979 times
Dude, I'm sure your posts will bring out the anti Christian Leftist in droves. That said Im an Athiest, and I am thankful that our country wasn't founded by Islam as we would be a s-hole Islamic Republic. Most all Western countries that we find acceptable were/are Christian based, so there is some commonality.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:41 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,599,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Dude, I'm sure your posts will bring out the anti Christian Leftist in droves. That said Im an Athiest, and I am thankful that our country wasn't founded by Islam as we would be a s-hole Islamic Republic.
A. I am a leftist and a Christian, and I think this is crap.

B. OP would like to ban you, too, dude. Read the posting history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies