Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2018, 04:53 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So your take is that corruption is fine because you believe the GOP and Trump do not serve their big money donors that much, even though they are swimming in cash from Wall Street, big oil, the military industrial complex, big pharma and the insurance corporations?
My take is the less corruption, the better. Trump is far less corrupt than either Obama or Hillary. He's an improvement over both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 05:10 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
My take is the less corruption, the better. Trump is far less corrupt than either Obama or Hillary. He's an improvement over both.
So why not vote against corruption altogether instead of voting for the same donors that the people you hate have? It doesnt make sense, instead you defend corruption at every turn, defend the insurance industry that buy legislation, defend the military industrial complex, defend Wall Street, defend big pharma and its skyrocketing drug prices. Why should the corrupt puppets you vote for change their ways when you support them?

Old 09-15-2018, 05:33 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
So why not vote against corruption altogether instead of voting for the same donors that the people you hate have?
Why waste a vote on someone who cannot get elected instead of voting for someone who can win and is an improvement over Obama and Hillary?

Old 09-15-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why waste a vote on someone who cannot get elected instead of voting for someone who can win and is an improvement over Obama and Hillary?
Its never a waste to vote regardless of who you vote for but tell me which Congressional puppets you have voted for then and lets take a look at their donors/corporate overlords. You blast Obama for serving the industries that you passionately defend at every opportunity. Your credibility is zero.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:58 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
If Medicare was any where near as good as BBS we would already have it. Medicare treated my Dad like crap BCBS has treated my wife great.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If Medicare was any where near as good as BBS we would already have it. Medicare treated my Dad like crap BCBS has treated my wife great.
Blue Cross would never insure older people if they were free to do what they wanted. By the time you're in your mid-60s, if you dont have millions saved up from work, you are deeply irresponsible.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Blue Cross would never insure older people if they were free to do what they wanted. By the time you're in your mid-60s, if you dont have millions saved up from work, you are deeply irresponsible.
We are talking about Medicare for all not eliminating Medicare. BCBS beats the hell out of Medicare. The rehab facility the wife is an outpatient now does not take Medicare or Medicaid patients.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Your labeling people who disagree with you about the poor as people who hate the poor and have anger issues doesn't make either of those things true. Merely your opinion, and opinions are like you know hat.....and everyone has one.
When you can’t make a good argument you just start labeling.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:29 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The only thing preventing it is millions of Americans have employer subsidized health insurance which was also a creation of government.
I've been harping on this for years and still don't see it mentioned in any serious debate about healthcare.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:57 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I've been harping on this for years and still don't see it mentioned in any serious debate about healthcare.
I'm with you on this. I mention it every time I discuss the issue but most just ignore it. It's so rarely mentioned anywhere despite the tremendous importance of it, and those with power, including the media, ignoring it is no surprise. "Our" representatives don't actually want change, R, D whatever, they just want to keep people hyper partisan and too busy fighting each other to demand our representatives actually work for us. Politicians make promises to average people for votes but create policies that benefit those who can make huge donations. What the average American wants is of no concern beyond getting the votes to stay in power.

Employer provided health insurance is always going to be huge obstacle to meaningful change. In reality, many people would be better off taking the premiums paid on their behalf as pay and buying their own coverage, made tax deductible rather than just accepting whatever plan their employer feels is best. Huge pools, as well as real competition would bring down rates. People being invested in costs would create market based changes, including a demand for transperancy and standardazation of costs, so people can plan for known expenses. Many would save a lot and be better off with an inexpensive, high deductible plan and paying cash for small expenses, while putting the savings toward investments or needed purchases.

Last edited by detshen; 09-15-2018 at 10:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies