Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2018, 12:27 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times

Advertisements

I've never understood why the presstitutes, at least the brain dead ones, gave Obama a pass. Afraid they'd be called racists?

I stumbled upon this article from 2016 in the left wing Brit paper The Guardian:
Obama undermined press freedom. Now he wants a strong media to stop Trump?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...p-donald-trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 12:35 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
They never gave Obama a free pass. They just may have felt he was preferable to the alternatives. It's unfortunately true that Obama's record on this was a big disappointment, especially for someone who supposedly favored transparency. But I guess it's better to realize errors late, rather than never.

And he'd like for the press to work at holding Trump accountable just as they did with him. Except Trump's transgressions are clearly more egregious.

By the way, people here would sometimes snarkily point out that I'd posted an opinion piece, so I suppose I should do the same with you.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:47 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
people here would sometimes snarkily point out that I'd posted an opinion piece, so I suppose I should do the same with you.
Opinion pieces often have more facts than the articles do and are a way to reach a few opposition party eyeballs outside of their echo chamber. Or should that be 'ears?' John Solomon's opinion pieces at The Hill are perfect examples. We should be grateful there are a few media outlets that still allow opposing viewpoints on both sides.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
He was punitive with both journalists and whistle blowers. Major disappointment - he delivered nothing he promised.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:27 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
They never gave Obama a free pass. They just may have felt he was preferable to the alternatives. It's unfortunately true that Obama's record on this was a big disappointment, especially for someone who supposedly favored transparency. But I guess it's better to realize errors late, rather than never.

And he'd like for the press to work at holding Trump accountable just as they did with him. Except Trump's transgressions are clearly more egregious.

By the way, people here would sometimes snarkily point out that I'd posted an opinion piece, so I suppose I should do the same with you.
I don’t think he changed his opinion because of a change of heart, but because he is no longer in power.

Old 10-21-2018, 02:42 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:

Oh puhleeze! The media was at the top of its slobbering, knee-padded, sycophantic toady game when Obobo was in the White House.

Old 10-21-2018, 03:07 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Not sure what media you we’re watching, but I also recall plenty of negative coverage on Obama. As well as regularly seeing people out on the street with signs saying “honk to impeach Obama” and such. Maybe just blind to it if you agree with it?

He did make some progress on an open government. But overall that and the more important broken promise to me on removing lobbyist influence/appointments(just like the current ‘drain the swamp’) were the two biggest disappointments.

Old 10-21-2018, 04:21 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Not sure what media you we’re watching, but I also recall plenty of negative coverage on Obama. As well as regularly seeing people out on the street with signs saying “honk to impeach Obama” and such. Maybe just blind to it if you agree with it?

He did make some progress on an open government. But overall that and the more important broken promise to me on removing lobbyist influence/appointments(just like the current ‘drain the swamp’) were the two biggest disappointments.
I don't, but maybe I'm forgetting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies