Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 06:33 AM

31,298 posts, read 20,818,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Beto came out correctly with a statement defending Cruz' right to respectful privacy in a restaurant.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/beto...ry?id=58065754

Those protesters were rude, disrespectful and wrong.

So, following the directive of Maxine and other Idiots is wrong? Why didn't the Dem leaders say so months ago? Oh, maybe because they applaud harassment.

------------
Jessica Valenti revealed a new standard for liberal feminists on Tuesday: Driving women out of restaurants is wrong, unless they’re a Republican. If that woman is named Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen, the behavior is not only acceptable — it’s to be applauded.

Feminists: It

Old 09-26-2018, 06:33 AM

17,409 posts, read 12,030,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yep. I never really cared much for the guy but kudos to him for wanting to protect his wife.
And allow the other diners to eat their dinner in peace. Because the bullies would not have stopped.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:35 AM

17,409 posts, read 12,030,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Bull.

For every anti-Trump supporter who believes this was okay -- there are 10 that don't support this kind of behavior.

But they/we aren't the ones you focus on.

You focus on the trolls.

And for the record -- the same goes the other way. I know so many conservatives/Republicans/pro-Trump that aren't idiots like many on these boards. The idiots don't represent all of pro-Trumpers or Republicans anymore than the turkey who says this kind of stuff is okay.
But they don't condemn it, either.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:36 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,570,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker38 View Post
Both sides do it, but it seems like Democrats do it more.

They are a more unhinged group. Look at their behavior after Trump won

You have to be kidding. Do you have a single example of someone from the right doing such a thing? Quit trying to soft-peddle that Nazi behavior by saying it is from both sides, because it isn't.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:37 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,807,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1044808681974632448

...you guys made the crazy train, you get to ride it...and own it.
He should have Crazy Maxine on his show and reason with her that what she is doing is counter productive to the Party and pushing millions away, by the display.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:02 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,714,865 times
I just posted in a thread about street harassment laws in France (where they had their first fine). Honestly, maybe we need something here as well. Cover sexual street harassment but also this kind of thing.

As for free speech, there have always been limits on free speech. Assault isn't free speech, perjury isn't free speech, defamation isn't free speech, incitement to illegal acts (causing a riot), isn't free speech, etc. Sure Cruz is an elected official/public figure, but at the same time, he's a human being and deserves some common decency. Let him and his wife eat dinner in peace. Protest at the Capitol, write him letters, send him angry videos, whatever, but don't harass the man.

What a sad world we live in when we have to start legislating common decency. It's the fall of Rome isn't it. All this infighting, bickering, people unable to control themselves and act in a civilized manner.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:10 AM

79,018 posts, read 61,161,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Give em hell!!!!!!!! Slimy politicians should be shown no mercy...... They can go eat in their gated estates.
^^^This post brought to you by citizens for the re-election of Ted Cruz.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:15 AM

20,505 posts, read 12,443,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Who is "you guys"?

I'm sitting at my desk 'earning' a living. I don't intimidate anybody.

But I have no sympathy for the likes of Cruz. I'd laugh if they crucified that guy.
who is "you guys"

you... your explicit acceptance of this make you one of them.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1)Cruz is a politician, he's public and thus fair game for protest. That being said, there are plenty of other places to protest Cruz\policy without disrupting dozens of other people and a business. I don't see that scoring points for the protesters.

2) His wife isn't fair game however and I find the tactic of being surrounded by a chanting mob to be intentionally threatening which changes the dynamic from protest to intimidation. (like abortion clinic protests for example)

You're actually scoring points for the Republicans with these types of actions, there are just much better ways to win hearts and minds than acting like a mob of d-bags.
I think we have reached a point where the term "fair game" needs to be revisited.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Good for Beto. That man is just a peach.
Beto has no cover. He is running in Texas and has been pretty careful about keeping his political views close to the vest. His entire campaign is about not being a jerk and "working with everyone". He cannot afford to fall in with the rest of his party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies