Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 11:39 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I am trying to listen to this, and I am struck by one thing. When he is asked a question, his general tactic seems to be to talk for so long about unrelated crap that by the time he's finished, no one remembers what was asked in the first place. I have never heard so much incoherent rambling in my life.
Yep.

The part I watched, several reporters kept trying to get him to answer the question they'd asked. He kept interrupting them to ramble and rant.

If this press conference was to shore up support for Kavanugh, he did a terrible job of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 11:39 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I am trying to listen to this, and I am struck by one thing. When he is asked a question, his general tactic seems to be to talk for so long about unrelated crap that by the time he's finished, no one remembers what was asked in the first place. I have never heard so much incoherent rambling in my life.
Part of a con man tactic.
Quote:
Since becoming president, Trump has sought to reward both sides of this coalition—tossing boatloads of money to the ownership class, and red meat to the white working class.

One boatload is the corporate and individual tax cut, of which America’s richest 1 percent will take home an estimated 82 percent by 2027, according to the Tax Policy Center.

Another boatload is coming from government itself, which Trump has filled with lobbyists who are letting large corporations do whatever they want—using public lands, polluting, defrauding consumers and investors, even employing children—in order to push profits even higher.

Trump’s red meat for the white working class is initiatives and tirades against unauthorized immigrants and foreign traders—as if they’re responsible for the working class’s lost ground—and other symbolic gestures of economic populism, along with episodic racist outbursts, and support for guns and evangelicals.

Every time Trump sends more money to the wealthy he sends more red meat to his base.

Trump doesn’t want his base to know that the only way they can permanently become better off is by reining in the ownership class.

He doesn’t want them to recall that the ownership class is largely responsible for hollowing out the middle class.

https://www.newsweek.com/robert-reic...opinion-938417

Old 09-27-2018, 12:11 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,585,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Part of a con man tactic.
Well, you know how it's been on Trump's agenda to undo every good thing that Obama accomplished. His base eats up that kind of action, so he's played it to the hilt. But what is it going to be like when this whole corrupt administration, as well as congress, gets unseated? The next, recovered version of our government will toss out everything that Trump has sabotaged. The tax-cut for the rich, healthcare reductions, trade deals cancelled, attacks on the environment, rollbacks of needed regulations, all will be overturned and hopefully, our country can be repaired.

The process of reversing the criminal gerrymandering of U. S. congressional districts, that republican legislatures in red states have done, will continue. The courts will set those states straight, as they already did in Pennsylvania. Without that gerrymandering, the Republicans would not hold a majority in the House today. The response of decent people to the outrage that is Trump, may be the best thing that's happened to us. It was a wake-up call, that we needed.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:31 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Here’s the summary, word salad mixed with lies and garnished with facts from an alternative reality. Same as always.
Exactly. Ugh.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:17 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump nailed it. Total con job by the democrats and liberal media cult followers.
accurate.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:43 AM

10,732 posts, read 4,336,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What you’re seeing is how much he does not know.
Well he knows a hundred times more than losers like you and me.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:49 AM

10,732 posts, read 4,336,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This has been quite the week for Trump.

Folks at the UN laughed at his lying nonsense.

Kavanaugh, who he was supposed to get on that Supreme Court and protect Trump from Mueller, looks like he needs to lawyer up himself. At the rate the accusations are coming in, it could be a class action suit by Friday.

Now he gives this deranged press conference.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Mueller is chatting up Manafort.

Buckle up, I suspect we're in for a bumpy ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Oh goody -- another Trump performance. Rod Rosenstein doesn't need to wear a wire to convince us that Trump is unstable and needs to be removed. Trump convinces us every time he opens his mouth. He has had a bad week (again) so far.
I hope these "bad" weeks continue, because look at his last 7 polls, all taken since September 16th:
Economist/YouGov 44
Rasmussen Reports 47
NPR/PBS/Marist 44
Reuters/Ipsos 45
Gallup 40
FOX News 46
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 44
Trump's only low poll is Gallup, but Obama had exactly 40% on Gallup during 3 different years in his Presidency.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:54 AM

16,274 posts, read 10,398,910 times
It kind of shows where we are as a nation when some see that news conference as a home run and others see the very same news conference and call it an embarrassment.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:54 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,308 times
(Stolen from someone else)

"This is such a perfect example of the environment Fox News has wrought.

A huge portion of the American electorate has been brainwashed into believing that liberalism is morally indefensible. In Fox World, being a liberal isn't simply a difference in policy beliefs; it's a completely corrupt and vile character flaw, beholden to nefarious criminals who want nothing less than to subvert America into a communist state.

That way, it doesn't matter what ugliness Republicans commit in their thirst for power. Trying to force a likely serial rapist onto the Supreme Court? Supporting another likely serial rapist for president? Aiding the delusional narcissism of that president? Supporting the mass, inhumane incarceration of children? Claiming that the tragedy of 3,000 human deaths was made up? None of it matters.

Because they aren't liberals.

Fox has weighted that word so heavy with propaganda that any scale - even one that involves the serial rape of high schoolers - can be balanced simply by placing "liberal" on the opposite side.

And so the choice between supporting child torturing, rape victim suppressing, fascism defending liars or voting for liberals is now considered a moral quandary by many. That's sick."

This is how people watch that press conference and still support that man....a bumbling, rambling, incoherent, idiot.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:57 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It kind of shows where we are as a nation when some see that news conference as a home run and others see the very same news conference and call it an embarrassment.
True. I think those who are saying the press conference was a good showing from Trump are either being disingenuous or are grappling with their own mental deficiencies - probably a mix of both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies