Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 06:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Feinstein the Einstein was never interested in what happened to Dr. Ford but how she could use what happened to delay and stop the nominee.

The senate needs to vote this week and put the end to this Punch & Judy clown show. We will either continue to have the presumption of innocents or we won't and the vote will tell the story.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:17 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A person accuses a guy of attacking her 40 years ago at a place she can’t remember, a date she can’t remember, and everybody who she said was there said it didn’t happen. It’s astonishing that at least 30 percent of the population believes that on nothing more that “she must be believed!”
None of them said it didn't happen. They said they didn't recall. Just wanted to clear that up.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This reply is to L8Gr8Apost8 (and anyone else who keeps claiming that Kavanaugh was not open to an FBI investigation) who posted on the other thread:

I had to give the link in a rep comment since the other thread was closed and this wasn't open yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYXAHAOdGOE

This is his full opening statement, not what has been cut down by certain media. At 02:24, he clearly states that he had told the Senate that he was open to any kind of investigation, "Senate, FBI, or otherwise". So can we please stop pretending that he was not open to an FBI investigation?

And since that appears to be the biggest problem most had with him, those who had a problem with him, was that he was not "asking" for an FBI investigation - which people don't do, are those people going to accept it when the FBI comes back and says they have re-closed the case?

He couldn't make the FBI open an investigation. It had to come from Senators. The left had all that time to do so, why didn't they? Why did they pretend that Kavanaugh was the only one who could do it?

Di-Fi sent the letter to the FBI and they investigated her allegations. They then returned the letter to the Senate and closed the case.

Now we have to sit here through another week of the same investigation that they already did because the Dem Senators lied about Kavanaugh not "asking" for an investigation. It was already done.

Absolutely nothing is going to come out of the investigation. What we do have now is yet another week for the left to pull out anyone they can find to make allegations, and then get them paid off through GoFundMe accounts.
Of course nothing will come of this investigation. Trump has got the questions the FBI can now ask narrowed down to "what is your middle name, Mr. Kavanaugh?" What a joke.

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
If the FBI clears him he should be confirmed. If the FBI doesn't clear him it will be time for the Republicans and Trump to move on to the next candidate. I just want this circus to end one way or another. I don't like the way he handled himself the other day during the hearing but I or anybody else can't say for sure if it was Kavanaugh that assaulted Ford that night over 35 years ago. I do believe she was assaulted though.

It is going to take years if not generations to undo the mess that this has created between the two parties. The divide has never been wider IMHO.

I will come back when this investigation is over.

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
I think he will be confirmed by the slimmest of numbers, 50 votes with Pence casting the tie breaker.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:20 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
So some questions from the other thread;

Who's house was it? Out of the five there, was it any of their's house?

Who invited Ford? Exactly how did the invitation process occur?

Someone alluded that she went to meet the "cool" Kavanaugh; if he was so darn popular, how would Keyser not recall any of this?

Did Ford or Keyser know anyone there?

How did she get there, leave, what location, date, time of day, was it day or night out, and any follow up from her friend as to why she suddenly left?
Other major points to continue discussing:

Scope of FBI Investigation

List of Available Witness of BK and CBF

Family and Medical History of CBF

Old 09-30-2018, 06:20 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
So on the last thread I posted this:

Quote:
The same number of people I know who have been accused of sexual assault.

I'm not saying causation/correlation but I highly expect most innocent people would love the help of the FBI clearing their name.
It was in response to the down-home-no-nonsense-styling of a Blondy post:

Quote:
How many people do you know that have ever under any circumstance asked police, FBI, Congress or anyone else to investigate them?

Heck throw in people you don't know.

Get back to me on the total.
To the person to anon repped me and accusing me of saying Kav didn't want an investigation...I did not say that...I'm innocent...I demand a full investigation!

Old 09-30-2018, 06:21 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
So have liberals explained yet why they believe Ford when she has zero evidence?

Old 09-30-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Thats obvious. And what she alleges isn't actually even a sexual assault under Maryland state law.
Rachel Mitchell had Kavanaugh read the definition of sexual assault. You must not have been paying attention to that part of the hearing.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:23 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
The pattern that seems to be forming from the left since this FBI investigation was initiated is one of resignation that the investigation will not find anything earth shattering, coupled with an effort to delegitimize the investigation to soften the blow that may come from its inconclusive results. Find fault in the way the investigation was run and see if you can get any moderate republicans to agree that the investigation was insufficient and call for a more comprehensive investigation with a more open ended time frame. This is all about delaying the final vote in any way possible, after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies