Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 09:46 PM

17,815 posts, read 13,608,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Looks like another right wing activist judge will soon be on the court.
And, Sotomayor isn't a left wing activist??????????

Old 10-05-2018, 10:00 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,071,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
This is f'ing awful. I don't support Kavanaugh but not because of the assault claims. This is the kind of crap that makes women look bad. It also makes Democrats look bad if they support this route. I'm not a D but it's the poison I usually pick because of some main issues that matter the most to me.

Edit: Why can't I find this anywhere but Fox? I defeintely don't support this attitude, but I want to see more proof that this is a pervasive sentiment before condemning anyone. If this is just another right wing disinformation tactic, it's really going to anger me. I'm so sick of this partisan bs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Curious, I looked too - on the Women's March website and thru a bunch of their twitter feed. And nothing.

Their logo sure has been copied ... probably a fake meme. These are the organizations that support the Women's March and the few I recognize ... well never say never ... but put me down as a disbeliever:

Planned Parenthood Action Fund • Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights • Women's March • NARAL Pro-Choice America • United State of Women • Sierra Club • Feminist Majority • National Women’s Law Center • Center for Popular Democracy Action • Advocates for Youth • NAACP • NDWA • MoveOn • Alliance for Justice Action Campaign • MomsRising • Credo Action • #VOTEPROCHOICE • Indivisible • UltraViolet Action.

Earlier, some of the stuff being repeated about Ford was clearly fake, from 4chan and the like.

Interesting times we live in, for sure.
Both of you, it is from the official Women’s March twitter feed. You could have just clicked on the embeded tweet and gone there. Conversely you can go to their twitter account @womensmarch to see it. Several posts down but it is there.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:04 PM

21,545 posts, read 10,671,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Actually, Murkowski announced at the end of her speech that she intends to vote "Present".
And she’s doing that so the one senator can go to his daughter’s wedding uninterrupted. That’s pretty decent of her.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:10 PM

21,545 posts, read 10,671,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
So apparently Ford's lawyers are saying she had more "evidence" to offer in the form of answers to questions. That's not evidence. I was going to ask how these people earned the law degrees. However, I realize by just saying certain phrased like "Evidence to offer" regardless if it's viable or not these people, Ford, and her Clinton backed lawyers are preying on the lowest common dominator of people who are of low IQ and easily manipulated at being used for agendas.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ation-ahead-of

This article was very interesting. I'll just leave this here.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-...ent-1538715152
So she wanted yet another do-over? That’s what I figured. Her story has been ever evolving since we learned of it.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:16 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,458,071 times
Ford still will not release her therapist notes, she stated she will only release if interviewed by the FBI.

This is someone who is just looking for delay tactics, if she truly was a victim, she would have shoved everything she had to them, not withhold and attach conditions, like she did with her testimony.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:24 PM

10,180 posts, read 10,304,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Yes. I agree. Not fair to say its just a tactic. Its just an.obviously glaring character flaw unless your Hatch, Grassley, Trump , Graham, and Jeff Flake currently.
This Ford woman was a tactic - she had nothing.

And neither did anyone else who she swore was there. Including her BFF.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:35 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,892,881 times
God bless a women with grace, class and morals like Susan Collins.

Glad that a sensible, moderate and one of the most intelligent senators there is saw through the sham and acting.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:37 PM

8,531 posts, read 3,384,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Both of you, it is from the official Women’s March twitter feed. You could have just clicked on the embeded tweet and gone there. Conversely you can go to their twitter account @womensmarch to see it. Several posts down but it is there.
Okay ... I don't do twitter ... but if you go to: https://twitter.com/hashtag/CancelKavanaugh?src=hash
there's nothing if I scroll for about 2 minutes ... with nothing particularly crazy on their website ... plus, I don't know who puts stuff on various twitter feeds ...

sure there's the embedded tweet that's a standalone ... wait, I got into the womensmarch hashtag ... it's there.

That's crazy. Unacceptable. Please don't sign me up.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:41 PM

32,299 posts, read 15,235,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
God bless a women with grace, class and morals like Susan Collins.

Glad that a sensible, moderate and one of the most intelligent senators there is saw through the sham and acting.
Kavanaugh showed he had no class with his belligerence. This could very well cost her in the next election.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:42 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,548,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I have not been following this at all. This thread is the first time I read about this person/nominee. I read up on this a little bit. It appears that center of the controversy was some woman accused him of sexual misconduct. Then I remember that Clarence Thomas was accused of the same thing. Arnold Schwarzenegger was also accused of molesting women when he ran for governor. Accusation of sexual abuse seems to be the weapon choice in high profile positions.
36 yrs ago, accused of groping a 15 yr old girl when he was 17 at a party. All 4 of her witnesses say it never happened, were not at a party with her, she doesnt know month it happened, or where it happened, or how she got home. It was a bs political ploy to delay confirmation until after midterms.
Would have happened no matter who was nominated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies