Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 10:42 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,542,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I have not been following this at all. This thread is the first time I read about this person/nominee. I read up on this a little bit. It appears that center of the controversy was some woman accused him of sexual misconduct. Then I remember that Clarence Thomas was accused of the same thing. Arnold Schwarzenegger was also accused of molesting women when he ran for governor. Accusation of sexual abuse seems to be the weapon choice in high profile positions.
36 yrs ago, accused of groping a 15 yr old girl when he was 17 at a party. All 4 of her witnesses say it never happened, were not at a party with her, she doesnt know month it happened, or where it happened, or how she got home. It was a bs political ploy to delay confirmation until after midterms.
Would have happened no matter who was nominated.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:44 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,216,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Both of you, it is from the official Women’s March twitter feed. You could have just clicked on the embeded tweet and gone there. Conversely you can go to their twitter account @womensmarch to see it. Several posts down but it is there.
I don't tweet, so I wouldn't know to do that. I thought someone said Facebook earlier so I looked there and on the official site which show no mention of this. I do see it on the Twitter feed after a search. As I stated I don't agree with this and will keep stating that. I know women who have been involved in a march and I don't believe they would agree with it either, or that the majority of women would be suppotive of this characterization of the senator. Most of the women I know who support the marches were opposed to Trump. Their reasons are valid IMO, but this is wrong and I have no problem pointing that out.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:45 PM

20,875 posts, read 8,692,571 times
I just watched Susan Collins' historic, passionate speech. I've never been a fan but I now have respect for the woman. Her life is probably in danger from the Loony Leftists who will never watch (forget about them understanding) this speech.

Don't be put off by the length (click past the ads). Time will fly by as you become totally engrossed in what she is saying. Facts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRpSJed5xsA

Old 10-05-2018, 10:47 PM

25,895 posts, read 16,617,040 times
One thing is for certain and it’s sad for all of us who love the United States. The Democrats have lowered the decency bar so low that it puts civil discourse almost out of reach from now on.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:49 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,390,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
She’s a spineless old hag who sells her soul to the powers in her party. May she burn in hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
There's a good chance that Collins and one or two others WOULD have voted no on Kavanaugh, but the thuggery and intimidation tactics turned them off.
If so, that would be absolutely delicious.
The Low Left has never displayed its true colors (yellow, for the most part) more flagrantly than in the Kavanaugh hearings.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:51 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,216,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
36 yrs ago, accused of groping a 15 yr old girl when he was 17 at a party. All 4 of her witnesses say it never happened, were not at a party with her, she doesnt know month it happened, or where it happened, or how she got home. It was a bs political ploy to delay confirmation until after midterms.
Would have happened no matter who was nominated.
Did they say it didn't happen, or they don't remember? There is a big difference between the two scenarios. The other guy would have been an accomplice, so that's not very compelling. They only gave written testimony and were not interviewed as far as I know, it's easier to write a letter with a lawyers help than answer questions from law enforcement or the committee. Also, the fact that others held the info and then "leaked" it at a very convenient time does not mean Ford made it up to be used as a ploy. A more thourough investigation would have helped those who had more questions and weren't on a party "team." A good many Americans are independent and were not in a rush to judge either way.

Last edited by detshen; 10-05-2018 at 10:59 PM..

Old 10-05-2018, 10:51 PM

15,567 posts, read 10,577,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
If you missed her speech you should look it up. Post it in every college in the land. Founding fathers are applauding from graves all over this land they fought and died for.
Where has she been all this time, seriously she's brilliant. She laid it out like none of the others did, I was impressed.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:53 PM

18,102 posts, read 27,573,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Except that it was a job interview and not a trial.
He passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
She’s a spineless old hag who sells her soul to the powers in her party. May she burn in hell.
I think she's really haught. She's lucky I'm happily married.

We Republicans be kissing her ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I thought the libs were speaking up for women? “Spineless old hag”, “burn in hell”?? Very harsh, thought y’all didn’t believe in hell anyway, good liberals are supposed to be Atheist right?
They're coffeeshop atheists. In case y'all don't know what coffeeshop atheists are, let me tell ya. They're not like real atheists, folks who don't need a Supreme Being to explain the universe. When they were little children, their puppy died and they begged God to give them back. When God didn't oblige, they got upset and said, Waa! Not My Gwod! Waa!

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-05-2018 at 11:01 PM..

Old 10-05-2018, 10:57 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,095,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Unlike the radical militant leftist protesters (and several on this very board), she employed common sense in her opinions and decision and has a clue about how the legal process under our constitution works and should be applied. For that, leftists will forever hate her, almost as much as they hate Justice Kennedy for vacating his seat during Trump's term in office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
If you missed her speech you should look it up. Post it in every college in the land. Founding fathers are applauding from graves all over this land they fought and died for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Her speech was amazing and on point. Bravo!
Agree on all points. Her speech was thorough and well researched and she went point by point. The lunatics in the hallway and outside didn’t even listen and couldn’t care less what she was explaining and why. Do any of those women work? More chanting and more threatening now against Collins and others who don’t agree with them. Susan Collins has more brains and class than Ford and Feinstein combined. I’m so sick of all the bullying and protests and dumb pink ***** hats, and nonsensical screaming and chanting from the ilk of the Democrat party, and their cohorts the left and antifa and all the other bozos.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:57 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Did they say it didn't happen, or they don't remember? There is a big difference between the two scenarios. The other guy would have been an accomplice, so that's not very compelling. Also, the fact that others held the info and then "leaked" it at a very convenient time does not mean she made it up to be used as a ploy.
It does not matter if they say they do not recall or they say it did not, both answers do not support the accusation. Keyser went further and stated she has never met Kavanaugh, that is not a "I do not recall", she said she has not ever met Kavanaugh.

But it is not just one person, it is every single witness, so exactly what do you want? No one said they know anything, a "do not recall" holds just as much weight as a "no I was not" because they both do not confirm anything, and the burden is on the accuser, not the defendant to prove this.

What is not very compelling is Ford not knowing any details, important details that would possibly prove her case. Those details are date and location, but while they would prove her case, they also could disprove if she was lying or mistaken.

Would you want to be convicted of something by the mere words of someone with no supporting evidence of any kind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies