Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 12:39 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times

Advertisements

"We protect Saudi Arabia. Would you say they're rich? And I love the king, King Salman. But I said 'King - we're protecting you - you might not be there for two weeks without us - you have to pay for your military,'" the president said to cheers at the rally.

Saudi Arabia doesn't pay for its military? We don't have troops there and * I thought they were one of the US' major arms customers.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:41 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
the only people that have done themselves in are the libs with their constant pushing of wanting to ignore due process and convict people by lynch mob

Old 10-03-2018, 12:42 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I'm not sure about that (Trump has done himself in now). His supporters really don't care what he does.

Doesn't matter how vulgar he is, or how cruel, or how much he lies, his base supporters deny it all and hand wave it away. Why they think Trump really has their best interests in mind is amazing because he's all about himself, as he's proved many times. He approves of his uneducated supporters rage against ... well everything ... and that's why the supporters 'feel' heard. Their lives don't really improve but they get to be all pizzed off and encouraged.
Right. Kind of like Cults. The Leader can say and do anything. The followers just stare into space w/ a glazed look and keep nodding and agreeing. Almost like mass hypnosis. When you stop thinking for yourself and accept the unacceptable as normal, your individual mind is cooked.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:45 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If it isn't enough that even Republican Senators are recoiling at Trump's mocking of Ford, about something that no American should view as okay let alone presidential, we've also got these incredibly stupid comments coming out of Trump's mouth about Saudi Arabia...

I mean to say Saudi Arabia and its king would not last "for two weeks" without US military support is like broadcasting to the whole world what it is we commit our military toward protecting, not for the sake of advancing democracy and human rights, but for other reasons entirely. Not that we don't all know much about this sad truth, but is this stupidity and unnecessary aggravation of the Islamic world also to be excused by Trump supporters? Not only an affront to Saudi Arabia's enemies, but an insult to Saudi Arabia too!

Why?

To get Saudi Arabia to pay more for military protection? Right! Let's have a world discussion about why the U.S. military is there for the Saudis in the first place. If I didn't hear it and read it with my own ears and eyes, I really wouldn't believe it!

No doubt the Trump supporter's take on all this will clear things up soon enough for the rest of us. Another "win" that tends to defy the imagination...
No, he was right when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and people would vote for him anyway.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:46 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
If it isn't enough that even Republican Senators are recoiling at Trump's mocking of Ford, about something that no American should view as okay let alone presidential, we've also got these incredibly stupid comments coming out of Trump's mouth about Saudi Arabia...

I mean to say Saudi Arabia and its king would not last "for two weeks" without US military support is like broadcasting to the whole world what it is we commit our military toward protecting, not for the sake of advancing democracy and human rights, but for other reasons entirely. Not that we don't all know much about this sad truth, but is this stupidity and unnecessary aggravation of the Islamic world also to be excused by Trump supporters? Not only an affront to Saudi Arabia's enemies, but an insult to Saudi Arabia too!

Why?

To get Saudi Arabia to pay more for military protection? Right! Let's have a world discussion about why the U.S. military is there for the Saudis in the first place. If I didn't hear it and read it with my own ears and eyes, I really wouldn't believe it!

No doubt the Trump supporter's take on all this will clear things up soon enough for the rest of us. Another "win" that tends to defy the imagination...
I for one have no problem with Trump speaking plainly and calling it the way he sees it, on both issues. Better than the politically correct stuff we have come to expect over the decades.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:47 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
the only people that have done themselves in are the libs with their constant pushing of wanting to ignore due process and convict people by lynch mob
Right. Regardless of what Trump says or does, as your comment seems to suggest...

THIS is the sort of thinking that leads toward "lynch mob" mentality. Blindly obsessed with preconceived notions about reality, steeped in a bath of confirmation bias that defies all reason and logic.

Hopefully there are not TOO many Americans as badly afflicted with this problem!

Old 10-03-2018, 12:50 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Unfortunately we have to live with the delusions of his supporters for the next 2 years also.
True but the Dems already appear to be heading toward nominating someone just as awful of Hillary. The GOP gave the Dems a gimme and they blew it.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:50 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:

Why?

No, he was right when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and people would vote for him anyway.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:52 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Right. Regardless of what Trump says or does, as your comment seems to suggest...

THIS is the sort of thinking that leads toward "lynch mob" mentality. Blindly obsessed with preconceived notions about reality, steeped in a bath of confirmation bias that defies all reason and logic.

Hopefully there are not TOO many Americans as badly afflicted with this problem!
It tends to occur a lot here, and far less then in real life. But there IS a lot of it out there. Look at the crowds cheering when Trump says things attacking Dr Ford at his rallies. Most people hearing that who THINK about it.....realize why its so horrible. But if you are emotionally invested in your team winning, and kind of enjoy it being "mean" to the other side, its easy to ignore why its so bad.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:53 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I for one have no problem with Trump speaking plainly and calling it the way he sees it, on both issues. Better than the politically correct stuff we have come to expect over the decades.
Please have mercy...

We all love people who speak plainly, but what is plainly said makes a difference!

Why does this seem a difficult concept for Trump supporters to understand? Say for example a racist alt-right winging supremacist "speaks plainly" about his utterly disgusting thoughts and beliefs. Do we somehow praise his manner of speaking plainly rather than point out the garbage being plainly spoken?

And this too about being politically correct! What is so hard about not being unnecessarily insulting or demeaning of others? What is wrong about avoiding the sort of language that has insulted and demeaned people in the past? Is it that people with this heartburn about being PC don't really want to stop their insulting and inconsiderate ways? Or is it they don't really know the difference between what is simply civility and what is not?

Sometimes I really have to wonder...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies