Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 03:04 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Take a look at the smilies. Irony was my intent, which clearly sailed right over your head.

I don't give a hoot what they look like, but since Kavanaugh clearly made a deliberate effort to hire solely women over men who presumably applied for the same positions, it does call his action into question, especially since there is evidence that he only wanted female employees who had a "certain look" previously. An individual for whom this was not important would have likely wound up hiring an equal number of men and women, and looks and race would not be factors. Ability and intelligence would be.

If you followed my post history here, you'd know that your terming my ironic post "disgusting" could not be farther off the mark.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. And you know darn well that if he didn't hire so much as one woman, you libs would be screaming about how he hates women and is a misogynist.

Do you really think that he would hire unqualified people?

As for your comment about not "giving a hoot what they look like", you then go on to complain about the women he has hired in the past. Make up your mind.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 10-08-2018 at 04:11 PM..

Old 10-08-2018, 04:38 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,311,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Women are splitting like the rest of the country. If you’re a non-college white woman from a rural area or small town, you’re probably solidly Republican. If you’re a white female college graduate in a suburb you may be trending Democratic or at least Independent, especially if you support free trade and/or are offended by increasingly overt appeals to race.
This is too ridiculous to even be funny. You assume that because someone has some formal education and doesn't live in the country that they cannot support the Republican party why? Why on earth would educated, civilized people support the party of the BLM hooligans, sanctuary cities, and Planned Parenthood, not to mention Hillary "it depends on who does the harassing, if it was my husband, bury it, if it was anyone else, exploit it" Clinton and her equally corrupt sidekick who took the hit for her, Debbie Wasserman Schultz (is she still a Dem after they dumped her...yep, I would bet on it, she is still an angry feminist type), and all of the other yayhoos who run the Democratic party today?

Old 10-08-2018, 05:25 PM

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Nope, I’m still staunchly Republican and conservative. White, middle aged attorney, married living in the suburbs with my husband and kids. I am proud of the backbone that the President and Senate showed during this disgusting dog and pony show. I thought Ford’s testimony was a crock and didn’t believe a word that came out of her mouth.

Oh, and don’t blame Kavanaugh for hiring good looking clerks. He couldn’t help it as most conservative women are good looking! Sorry, couldn’t resist!
Well your president thought she was credible, until he didn't.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:26 PM

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And what "self respecting woman" would remain in the same party as Bubba and his wife, and not only that, vote for both of them?

You democrats hold no high ground when it comes to this issue.
I didn't vote for Bill Clinton. Hillary yes. Was she my first choice? No.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:30 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
This is too ridiculous to even be funny. You assume that because someone has some formal education and doesn't live in the country that they cannot support the Republican party why? Why on earth would educated, civilized people support the party of the BLM hooligans, sanctuary cities, and Planned Parenthood, not to mention Hillary "it depends on who does the harassing, if it was my husband, bury it, if it was anyone else, exploit it" Clinton and her equally corrupt sidekick who took the hit for her, Debbie Wasserman Schultz (is she still a Dem after they dumped her...yep, I would bet on it, she is still an angry feminist type), and all of the other yayhoos who run the Democratic party today?
Statistically that’s how it breaks down in virtually every poll that’s released. The Republican Party is stronger in rural areas and with blue collar whites. The area where they are more vulnerable is in suburban districts with higher levels of college graduates, particularly college women.

Check out the Republican districts that are considered vulnerable. There's a total of 44 current R districts that are listed as “tossup” or “leaning Democrat”. Almost all of them are in suburban districts with a higher than average percentage of college graduates.

https://www.cookpolitical.com/rating...e-race-ratings

We’re talking about statistical averages, not individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies