Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 05:28 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,277,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I've got a deal for Crying Chuck. Ruth retires right now and Garland will be nominated to take her place.
I posted several days ago that I thought it would be a good idea for President Trump to nominate Garland to replace Ginsberg if she had to leave the court.

I've changed my mind ..... watching what the Leftists tried to do, watching the Democrats AGREE with this Character Assassination has convinced me that they can't be trusted at all ...... with anything.

I prefer Balance, I always have ..... but the Left has declared War on the President, WAR on the American people who voted for that President and they can't be allowed to get away with that.

This confirmation was the worst I've ever seen and media is saying the same thing. The next will be worse than this one ... because the have indicated they plan on Impeachment the second they regain any power. At some point .... we have to accept that the Leftists have lost their minds and move on - dealing with the Reality we have. No Quarter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 05:33 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
His name is Jackson A. Cosko and he was working for Sheila Jackson Lee (D) Rep Houston area.
Sens. Lindsey Graham, Mike Lee and Orrin Hatch were attacked for sure - Sen Rand Paul also, but not sure that it was the same guy. Police reports says 5 Senators.

Cosko was most recently working as an unpaid intern for Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, senior congressional sources told Fox News. In the past, Coscko has worked with other Democratic lawmakers including Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., Sen. Maggie Hassan, D-N.H., and former Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer of California. He sure got around - that's a lot of Senators. I seriously doubt he was "unpaid" ... looks like a dirty operative.

Staffer who 'doxed' GOP senators faces nearly 50 years in federal prison |Washington Examiner - 10/5/18

He was charged with five federal offenses: making public restricted personal information, making threats in interstate commerce, unauthorized access of a government computer, identity theft, and witness tampering.

The criminal complaint against him also charges him with second-degree burglary and unlawful entry, which are both criminal offenses in D.C.

According to an affidavit, five U.S. senators’ restricted personal information was posted on Wikipedia.com by Cosko.
If he did all this with Ms. Jackson Lee's blessing how many of those charges still apply?

Old 10-07-2018, 05:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The FBI goes all the way back to investigate anyone with the type of Security clearances that Brett Kavanaugh has held. They have interviewed (not just talked to, but Interviews) over 150 people. His graduating class was just under 100 - Alcohol and drug use are the very 1st questions they ask - the last question they ask is "can you give me 3 names that we might not have so we can talk to them".

I know this because I've been interviewed 4 times over the years ...... and investigated many more times than that. Not a single person the FBI has talked to agrees with your statement.

The FBI did an in depth Interview with each of these allegations and then asked for others to talk to -- they didn't find a SINGLE PERSON that corroborated the allegations. PERIOD.
Nor did they try. People were trying to contact the FBI but were not allowed through.

FBI interviews only go to age 18; Bart was 17 when this allegation occurred.

The FBI failed to investigate one of THE most important things to come out of that hearing and that was Kavanaugh's tendency to lie under oath.

I've twice been interviewed by the FBI for two friends that applied for jobs. Do you think I told them dirt I knew on those two friends? Or did I tell them the very best parts of those two people and leave off the . . not so good parts.

That is what most people do.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:38 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
It's over and done. Time to move on to the next thing people.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:38 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Nothing unusual about that. I broke an elbow at a team ice curllng event and was never called ONCE by my longtime friend who had got me into this activity in the first place. Never curled again and never heard from her again, either.

In current case, these were kids - kids are even worse than adults.

All of you are expecting way too much from silly 15-17 y/o flakey inebriated teens.

Collins is so wrong about everything, I can't stand to listen to her. Of course, he did it. It just isn't relevant today because they were both so young. Whether or not it's provable is irrelevant because of their age.

His judicial temperament is relevant and disqualifying - about which she, conveniently, has not said ONE WORD.

Collins - another party hack.
These personal anecdotes are interesting, whether or not they're true. I notice you never heard from your longtime friend again. Didn't Ford and Keyser remain lifelong friends.

You believe he did it because you want to believe her.

His 12-years as a judge are a better barometer of his judicial temperament than a few minutes responding to his accusers in the 9/27 inquisition.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:45 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
no way the coal bear will address this.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...game_away.html

Old 10-07-2018, 05:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Nor did they try. People were trying to contact the FBI but were not allowed through.

FBI interviews only go to age 18; Bart was 17 when this allegation occurred.

The FBI failed to investigate one of THE most important things to come out of that hearing and that was Kavanaugh's tendency to lie under oath.

I've twice been interviewed by the FBI for two friends that applied for jobs. Do you think I told them dirt I knew on those two friends? Or did I tell them the very best parts of those two people and leave off the . . not so good parts.

That is what most people do.

what? What do you want the FBI to do, to knock in every house in Maryland and ask if somebody remembers a party in 1982 that Ford and Kavanaugh were together in the same house or party? What a joke. Ford named 4 people in this alleged party and all denied it under penalty of a crime and jail time including her best friend. Her best friend went further. She said she doesn't know the judge and never met him or never been to any party with him, her best friend!!

You want the CIA and NSA on the case also? you want them to search the earth for witnesses that doesn't exist? or you want to find dirt on Kavanaugh that has nothing to do with the allegations? we know the answer to that.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:51 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Yep. In this instance Christine Ford may very well have lied in her sworn testimony. That needs to be investigated.
It won't be investigated publicly (she skates IF she was involved in a scam - she does seem very unstable, but she has the knowledge to fake that appearance) - even Ford's Lawyers came out today and said "Blasey-Ford wants this over, not opened again - no impeachment hearings - no nothing" ..... and that is exactly what will happen -- UNLESS the Leftists push the Republicans into it. TeamBlasey-Ford is panicking - they tried, they lost. Personally .... I think she was in on it. I also think that realistically she will get away with it. They have to go after the bigger fish, she is a tool.

It's way too volatile to even investigate Blasey-Ford - although I think they will quietly do so in the context of investigating the others .... Including Monica McClean & Feinstein's office.
This stuff is Serious - I really do think the SJC will want to get to the bottom of it. Not just that Laws might have been broken, but the sheer ugliness of the unsubstantiated allegations and the possible attempt to take down this important Committee.

Interesting that Blasey-Ford's ex DOJ attorney has been in a panic DEMANDING the name of the Agent in charge of the Investigation ... calls, letters to Wray, the DOJ, the FBI .... and nobody is answering.
All this from the Senate Judiciary Committee - Chuck Grassley (bless him) posts all these letters.
I love sunshine.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:53 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what? What do you want the FBI to do, to knock in every house in Maryland and ask if somebody remembers a party in 1982 that Ford and Kavanaugh were together in the same house or party? What a joke. Ford named 4 people in this alleged party and all denied it under penalty of a crime and jail time including her best friend. Her best friend went further. She said she doesn't know the judge and never met him or never been to any party with him, her best friend!!

You want the CIA and NSA on the case also? you want them to search the earth for witnesses that doesn't exist? or you want to find dirt on Kavanaugh that has nothing to do with the allegations? we know the answer to that.
The Democrats have done their part to use their talking points to fool their sheeple. We will see them continue to parrot the FBI talking point over and over for a long time.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:57 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,589,005 times
As a matter of practicality, it was amazingly stupid of the Left to make a desperate, sordid attempt to block Kavanaugh when the likely result was and is that there is now a member of SCOTUS who will find a way to settle the score in a totally legal way. No way of knowing how or when, but, unless Justice Kavanaugh is an absolute saint, the payback will be painful for the Left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies