Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 11:30 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times

Advertisements

I'm a liberal and an atheist and am not pro any religion. I think it's all equally pointless.

I don't care what religions other people practice, unless they try to make laws based on their religious beliefs that apply to everyone, or harass me to join their sect, or scream in my or my children's faces that we are going to burn in hell.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:32 AM

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
What is getting tiresome is liberals continuously attacking all things traditional and white identity. It's my dream they stop so we can focus on other things.
Some things need to be questioned. The problem is white men in this country are going all snowflake on everybody because their "traditional" hold on women and others is loosening. It's about time. Sorry to burst your little 1950s bubble.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:33 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Do you think liberals would have respected Christians and Christianity more if the religion and its adherents were beheading people or advocating such of, asking infidels (non-Christians) to convert, to die or to pay extra tax, throw gays off from roof top buildings, stone adulterous to death, demanding capital punishment for insulting Jesus/Christianity, forcing women to cover themselves, ban alcohol/gambling/prostitution, etc. in the 21st century?

Seeing off topics and anti-Christian bashing on this forum is really sickening. Liberals likes to take advantage. Wish we could have them live in an Islamic nation and then came back to truly appreciate Christian and Western values.
So, are there no liberal/democrats Christians out there, or all the people who don't agree with you or vote like you are not God loving God fearing Christain people. How can you judge millions of people like that if you yourself are a Christian, didn't the book of Matthew say to judge ye not, lets you be judged. The same God who created you, created all of us. Your personal politics will have no place in heaven, God have no respecter of person, unlike many of us down here on earth. And everybody who claims to be a Christian is anything but that, just in name only.

Last edited by ipaper; 10-08-2018 at 11:47 AM..

Old 10-08-2018, 11:33 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Gee, I thought you "Good Christians" were supposed to love your fellow man...…...all of them . You must have missed that particular Sunday sermon, huh ?
Christians can love their fellow man in the middle east etc , but those culturally islamic people need to stay there.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:34 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
The behavior and beliefs of Donald Trump is antithetical to Christianity. Therefore, Christianity cannot be all that bad.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:35 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Quote:
What is getting tiresome is liberals continuously attacking all things traditional and white identity. It's my dream they stop so we can focus on other things.
Like focusing on all people being forced to follow some biblical fantasy (that most conservatives cannot even follow themselves)? If white people are feeling attacked, maybe they need to take a long hard look at their own track record of attacking others.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:35 AM

301 posts, read 189,376 times
Quote:
They aren't attacking "tradition" and "white identity." Liberals are pointing out how toxic and harmful both of these ideologies can be when used as social weapons against marginalized groups of people.

"Traditional" and "white" is no longer the default in the USA. Accepting and adapting to this change does not mean that white people with traditional "values" are being oppressed or silenced. It just means that your voice is no longer the loudest or the only one that matters.

White supremacists, misogynists, and people who believe everyone ought to be Christian should be feeling uncomfortable right now. That's the idea. If you aren't any of those things, liberals aren't talking to you.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:37 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The behavior and beliefs of Donald Trump is antithetical to Christianity. Therefore, Christianity cannot be all that bad.
And I'm going to repeat what I said a few days ago in another thread. Been tempted to start a thread on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
BTW, I actually agree with that to a large extent, and I think it's a greatly underappreciated fact by both liberals and Christian conservatives. They both base much of their political beliefs on a certain kind of morality, it's just that the two moralities are different (but, I would argue they aren't that different). I also regard it as a positive thing, whereas people like Roboteer treat it with scorn. And it's also why I have come to regard non-religious conservatives as probably the most immoral and, frankly, evil political belief around. I would much rather be governed by, say, Mike Huckabee than Donald Trump, and I don't really regard Huckabee as any more "dangerous" than, say, Bernie Sanders. At least both have a sense of morality. The same cannot be said of non-religious conservatives such as Trump, whose only motivation seems to be a hatred of government. That hatred of government leads them to want to do just about anything to destroy it and anyone who supports it, and they tend to have little compunction against doing it by whatever means necessary.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:38 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
You guys are as soft and sensitive as the safe space college kids you lot so thoroughly hate. Two whiny peas in a pod. You were made for each other.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:39 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Christians can love their fellow man in the middle east etc , but those culturally islamic people need to stay there.

Good thing no one said that to your ancestors, who undoubtedly came here from somewhere else. Otherwise, you might be living somewhere else yourself, right now !

Funny how that works, huh ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies