Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 09:28 PM

10,556 posts, read 6,209,970 times

Advertisements

A recent post on here, reminded me of this sketch from Sarah Silverman, which I think totally hits the nail on the head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDhhss6nuSY

Try to have a sense of humor. It's funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 10:18 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,623,015 times
OMG, that was hilarious! Time to get Hulu again...

Old 10-14-2018, 10:32 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,452,752 times
As a non-combatant in The Game (Team Red v Team Blue) I long for the days when the Left was the funny/counter-culture/anti-establishment side.

That was painful to watch. *cringe*

Old 10-14-2018, 10:39 PM

3,976 posts, read 2,010,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
As a non-combatant in The Game (Team Red v Team Blue) I long for the days when the Left was the funny/counter-culture/anti-establishment side.

Yeah. I realize it was Sarah Silverman (has she ever even approached funny?), but the robot scene was anticipated before it even happened.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

How do you mean?
Which parts specifically did you find painful just out of interest?

I know it's a joke aimed at right wing talking points, but I thought even they might find some humor in it.
(Liberal tears, etc). No?

Old 10-14-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Yeah. I realize it was Sarah Silverman (has she ever even approached funny?), but the robot scene was anticipated before it even happened.

Yeah I find Sarah Silverman very funny for the most part.

She's made a good living out of being funny so a lot of people obviously like her.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:49 PM

3,976 posts, read 2,010,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Yeah I find Sarah Silverman very funny for the most part.

She's made a good living out of being funny so a lot of people obviously like her.
I watched the first several episodes of the (quickly canceled) Sarah Silverman show. Her sister's dead pan comedy was spot on. Sarah struggled, even with fart jokes.........

Sarah should co write something, along with a crazy has been red head comedianne, along the lines of life on the "D" list........

Old 10-14-2018, 10:54 PM

Ah well,

I guess no sense of humor from the right after all.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
How do you mean?
Which parts specifically did you find painful just out of interest?

I know it's a joke aimed at right wing talking points, but I thought even they might find some humor in it.
(Liberal tears, etc). No?
It's more the messenger TBH. It's the climate of the culture she backs.

Off the top of my head I recall Silverman thinking construction markers were swastikas (and posting it on Twitter to the delight of millions) as well as dressing up as Hitler to mock Trump on, I believe, Conan's show.

But that represents the Left as a whole now. They became too PC and you can't get comedic relief from that. Dressing up as Hitler from someone who sees swastikas in construction markers just doesn't come from an organic place. I can't get to humor from there (except at her and the Left's expense which I've done now for 3 years).

Not sure of your age but if you're old enough to remember the early to mid 90s we had a mini-PC movement from the Left in pop culture but they weren't insufferable humorless (dare I say triggered) human beings. They could poke fun at the Right (or themselves) but it came off as natural and hip.

SNL was cool (and Left)
Grunge music was cool (and Left)
Movies were cool (and Left...see PCU: the movie)
TV was cool (and Left..see Arsenio Hall & In Living Color)

Now the cool things are 4chan, Reddit, memes, and that whole underground internet scene...which I admit isn't my area of expertise because you can only be so hip & cool if you're old(er). Not saying I was the cat's meow back in my day (negative coolness factor for using that expression).

As the other poster alluded to and Norm MacDonald (who I've never liked but has a point) mentioned Trump and Leftist humor is low-hanging fruit. It's easy and lazy.

I miss the cool Left of my younger years.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Sarah Silverman hates blacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JLZvjDCunk
There's that insufferable angle I mentioned. That chick on stage is triggered as hell.

I don't recall the skit she's talking about when Silverman did black face but now I'm going to youtube it. I'm guessing it's going to be funny because it ticked off that fervent SJW on stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies