Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 10:19 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,353,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Agreed. And one problem with Kemp is that because he is the referee of his own game, he could call the balls and strikes as he so chooses. Especially if he "wins" the election.

1. Voter registration has increased over 1 million people since Kemp became Secretary of State.

2. Kemp created online voter registration in Georgia, which has given Georgians more opportunities to register to vote. Notably, Abrams voted against online voter registration.

3. Kemp authorized Sunday voting administratively. It is used by the black community - “souls to the polls.” Kemp, not Abrams, did this.

4. And the most obvious example - the election will likely end up with more voters than any other election in the history of the state, including more minority voters than ever before.

The facts simply do not support the claims of voter suppression. So how can an election with more voters and the most minority voters ever be "fixed"?

Old 10-31-2018, 10:53 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Found out yesterday that we are out of town on voting day. Went to early voting today. I was surprised by the number of folks there. Looked like Election Day.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:58 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Found out yesterday that we are out of town on voting day. Went to early voting today. I was surprised by the number of folks there. Looked like Election Day.
Heard Sharon Springs park had about 10minute wait.

btw: My Georgia registration is one of the 50K that is in Held Status now, and I'm not bother one bit about it.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:37 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Here is a link:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-car...141618053.html

The problem with this is Carter endorsed Abrams. Too much of a conflict of interest. Can't endorse one candidate then ask the other to step aside. Also, if Carter was sincere he would have not made the letter public. He would have sent it to Kemp's people or talked to him on the phone. This is nothing but political posturing.
As Carter has been a champion of free elections in the Third World, would think his viewpoint would carry more weight by not endorsing Abrams but in calling Kemp to resign. Your point is well taken, his endorsing her does bring in a partisan edge and diminishes his call for him to recuse himself.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:46 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,353,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
As Carter has been a champion of free elections in the Third World, would think his viewpoint would carry more weight by not endorsing Abrams but in calling Kemp to resign. Your point is well taken, his endorsing her does bring in a partisan edge and diminishes his call for him to recuse himself.

Had Carter not endorsed Abrams I would have no issue with his statement. On the flip side I think Kemp should step aside and recuse himself from overseeing the election.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:17 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
I wonder if he will end up resigning if the election goes to a runoff. Since there will be a special session of legislature in November, he will be restricted from campaigning and raising money during that time. Or maybe he just plain doesn't GAF.
He should, but he's an absolutely shameless person and would probably not.

That the race might go to a runoff is a scenario that is far more likely than I think people realize, especially with the neck-and-neck polling.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:19 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Had Carter not endorsed Abrams I would have no issue with his statement. On the flip side I think Kemp should step aside and recuse himself from overseeing the election.
Good, glad you understand that. And to be fair, if Abrams were the SoS I would have expected her to do the same.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:32 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Good, glad you understand that. And to be fair, if Abrams were the SoS I would have expected her to do the same.
I imagine Jimmy Carter would as well.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:49 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
I imagine Jimmy Carter would as well.
Indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: