Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Don Lemon a racist, as Hershel Walker says he is
Yes 110 74.83%
No 37 25.17%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 06:52 PM

25,853 posts, read 16,552,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He's a legendary college player, and a bust in the NFL, best known for an infamous trade to Minnesota that built the foundation for two Super Bowl wins by Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys.

I could care less what he thinks of Don Lemon.
A bust in the NFL. Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 07:05 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,544,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
On the day he retired only one player in NFL history had more total all-purpose yards than Walker: Walter Payton.

He's now #11 all-time and that's with an extremely offense-friendly league nowadays.
Good point, he was a bell cow for sure, but only rushed for more than 1,000 yards in two of his eleven seasons. His best year was 1988, when he rushed for 1,500 yards, and in 1990, the trade that no one will ever forget, which showed how shrewd Jimmy Johnson is. I remember Johnson's first year with the Cowboys, they were awful and I was living in Texas at the time, I read about the Cowboys and Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman in the paper almost every day.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,544,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A bust in the NFL. Really?
You're right, that's not really accurate, as he was also a good receiver, too. His misfortune to play on some really bad teams.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:50 PM

21,486 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What exactly was so 'racist' about what Lemon said?

I'm no fan of Lemon but I'm sure he's only expressing what many feel, that Kanye is some sort of sellout. And right or wrong, I'm also pretty sure Trump is eager to soften his image among black people, hence his eagerness to quickly accommodate Kanye in the White House oval office for a very public media session. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it was.

Plus, Lemon is black, so he has a pass to use terms like 'house negro' and all that.

Just calling it like it is, feel me?
Why is he a sell out for having a different opinion? I never understood that line of reasoning. No one expects all white people to have the same political opinions. Why should black conservatives be called race traitors simply for holding different opinions?

Old 10-11-2018, 07:58 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,601,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I would have to agree with Heschal Walker on this one. However since Lemon is also black can you really call it racism?
yes it is racism, the term is inappropriate in any context regardless of who says it... but leftists will give a pass to black people saying it unless those black people happen to be conservatives.... because liberals/leftists are hypocrites.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:16 PM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:

I'm no fan of Lemon but I'm sure he's only expressing what many feel, that Kanye is some sort of sellout. And right or wrong, I'm also pretty sure Trump is eager to soften his image among black people, hence his eagerness to quickly accommodate Kanye in the White House oval office for a very public media session. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it was.

Plus, Lemon is black, so he has a pass to use terms like 'house negro' and all that.

A "sellout" of what, exactly?

Old 10-11-2018, 10:31 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,151,435 times
No, they should keep him. The more damage he does, the better.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:41 PM

10,235 posts, read 15,946,459 times
Quote:

So why do SOME blacks still even use terms like these or Uncle Tom anymore???? So any black person who is integrated and doesn't always stick to the black community alone, or whom isn't a Democrat is an Uncle Tom?

Old 10-11-2018, 11:35 PM

264 posts, read 101,165 times
Well,

To be honest, when I first saw coverage of the meeting among President Trump, Kanye West and Jim Brown, I laughed when I initially heard what Kanye stated.

Then, I thought - "Why am I laughing." I should go back and listen again to what Kanye is saying.

You see, I laughed because I felt that his articulation of words were not correct.

That he appeared to not really know enough to communicate to the President the plight of the inner city, the need for reform of the criminal justice system, the need for tax abatement zones in the inner cities, the need for jobs in the inner city, etc.

As I listened again, I did chuckle a little but then began to realize that what he stated revealed some understanding of the many issues plaguing the inner city. It made sense!

I continued to listen and realized that oftentimes, we do not "listen" to others who may not be highly educated or who do not articulate at the same level as we do.

We may talk to others but do we communicate.

I admire his courage to go against the agenda that most African Americans appear to follow.

As many are attacking him, It reinforces for me the need to have courage and conviction!

Noted was his comment of racism being an "Invisible Wall."

As I pondered this, I am thinking "Yes", racism may initially seem to be an abstract notion - a "invisible wall" but it has historically resulted in the victims actually having a limitation placed upon them whether via restriction where to live or how much money they make or even if they are hired or in so many cases resulting in death, etc. etc.

But, it appears that Kanye is stating that racism is just a temporary setback but it can be the "challenge" to actually rise above it.

The question arises, can a victim of racism rise above racism by himself/herself without any intercession by anyone else?

Old 10-12-2018, 12:57 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,230,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Football legend?!?

Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaa

I can already tell it’s fake news.
Yah he absolutely is one of the all time great players. That's 100% accurate. You are probably young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies