Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 07:21 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,297,704 times

Advertisements

I've never been a fan of Trump, and I've never made that a mystery. I was not a fan of either Bush either, but I respected them as "doing what they thought was best for the country". Same with Reagan, Carter, Clinton and Obama.

What really hit me as reality, was how out of step Trump is. I think it was a combo of reading an opinion piece based on the following picture, and then seeing the 60-minutes interview.

Simply put, this guy is not for America, he's for himself.

But to the point, what REALLY HIT HOME was the thought that he will NEVER EVER pose for a picture like this. Even if he's still free to walk the streets, I doubt he's got enough balls to stand next to other living POTUS's who have actually done their job, and put country first. His ego couldn't handle that. I do wonder if other living POTUS's would be willing to stand next to him. It's a tough call, because it's a bad choice either way.

I didn't do a very good job of writing out my thoughts today, but I guess it jut hit me when I saw that picture, how much of a contrast Trump is to our other living Presidents. They all had their successes and failures, but he is the first one who really lacks ANY moral compass, any love of country, and any thread of decency or ethics.

Clinton: Cheated on his wife
Bush Jr.: Started a fake war
Carter: Just an inneffective POTUS
Reagan: Basically created Al Queda and destroyed the middle class

All of them were still honorable in their service to country. Trump will never have a place in that portrait.

(Yes, I realize that Reagan is not pictured, not alive, and that I did not comment on Bush Sr. or Obama. The points stands, at least for some.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 07:24 AM

10,735 posts, read 4,338,237 times
Obama is known for sucking up to everyone on the world stage, never seeking to improve trade deals, and adding more business regulations than any President in history.
In other words, Obama is the polar opposite to Trump.
Obama put America LAST.
Trump would never want to be associated with Obama.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:25 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,441,673 times
Oh please, Trump is way better than all of those pictured combined. You do realize that ALL the problems in this country and many parts of the world were caused by the policies of those in that picture right?

Old 10-15-2018, 07:32 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Trump produces result those in the photo wanted to produce but couldn't.
Trumps stand alone as a testament to what the others could have been but failed to be.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:44 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,922 times
They are all war criminals, something you should remember.

Besides that it’s your opinion.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:44 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,527,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Obama is known for sucking up to everyone on the world stage, never seeking to improve trade deals, and adding more business regulations than any President in history.
In other words, Obama is the polar opposite to Trump.
Obama put America LAST.
Trump would never want to be associated with Obama.
Who did Obama suck up too?

Trump isn’t putting America first if your rich then sure he is but other then the rich, The rest of the country is doomed

Old 10-15-2018, 07:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh please, Trump is way better than all of those pictured combined. You do realize that ALL the problems in this country and many parts of the world were caused by the policies of those in that picture right?

The jackass in the White House was caused by :"those in that picture"?

Old 10-15-2018, 07:47 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,707 times
Why would President Trump want to be pictured with a group of has beens who have banded together to betray him? You must really think he is ignorant.

Contrary, he is very astute and privy to information that you have no clue about and if you did you'd likely deny it.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:48 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

Trump isn’t putting America first if your rich then sure he is but other then the rich, The rest of the country is doomed
Clear as mud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies