Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 10:34 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,721,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I didn't, the tone was neutral. Male or female that work wrecks bodies. I treat them.

Don't start with the women didn't build civilization ****. Women built civilization as much as the average man did. You are making value judgements on labor that have no basis other than sexist views. The only reason to discount would be gender. In the modern world women are in all position involved in running countries, including leader. Knowing they were usually excluded from such work, then placing no value on the tremendous amounts of labor women have provided to build civilization has no rational basis. That attitude only helps prove a lot of "feminist" point.
Bull****

Where were all the female colonizers, female interpreters, female pioneers, female scientists, etc

And it's called a "realist view"

If I wanted to go sexist I would say that women are worthless and offer nothing to the world

Come on now, are you even trying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 10:38 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Bull****

Where were all the female colonizers, female interpreters, female pioneers, female scientists, etc

And it's called a "realist view"

If I wanted to go sexist I would say that women are worthless and offer nothing to the world

Come on now, are you even trying?
You need to read deeper before posting. Did I not say women were excluded from most elite educated fields? You ignored that.

The bolded is EXACTLY what you did by denying that women played part in building civilization and that's my point. You prove feminsts points. You completely discounted their contributions and hard work because it's "female."

You refusing to comprehend the meaning of mine and even you own statements is not, "me not trying." I don't post lightly.

BTW, there were female pioneers and the rest, not huge numbers, but the west in particular was a place women could achieve more. Most men were not scientists or educated anything either. That was for a few elite men.

Last edited by detshen; 10-17-2018 at 10:58 PM..

Old 10-17-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
You need to read deeper before posting. Did I not say women were excluded from most elite educated fields? You ignored that.

The bolded is EXACTLY what you did by denying that women played part in building civilization and that's my point. You prove feminsts points. You completely discounted their contributions and hard work because it's "female."

You refusing to comprehend the meaning of mine and even you own statements is not, "me not trying." I don't post lightly.

BTW, there were female pioneers and the rest, not huge numbers, but the west in particular was a place women could achieve more. Most men were not scientists or educated anything either. That was for a few elite men.
Except why should we care about past contributions in this case
Women now more than ever probably offer to the world a lot.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:58 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Why should we care about men's past contributions? IDK, but that's what I was initially responding to. I'm personally more interested in the present and future.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:07 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Nope. Major Metro area. Never seen a woman laborer on a construction crew. Never hired a crew that had a woman. Never seen a woman on a scaffold, or on a High voltage line. Never called a plumber or any other tradesperson, and had a woman show up.

Why is that?
Men do all the hard, hazardous, dangerous, dirty and skilled work that has low reward. Sure there is the one in a million exception and some women do menial work too. I've done some hard jobs at times and if there was any women around they always got the easiest and most desirable tasks.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:15 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I’ll explain it. Liberals don’t believe we are equal. They believe that white heterosexual men are superior and everyone else is inferior. So all the inferior “oppressed†people have to coordinate their efforts to try and gain power from white heterosexual men.
White heterosexual men do rule our country....

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/m...mod=1533691929

old white men at that !

America has a population of 320 Million...

Blacks make up 45 Million of our population...

Hispanics are 50 Million...which makes the two dominant minorities 1 out of every 3 Americans yet we have a Trump administration that doesn't reflect the populace.

I'm still trying to figure out where to put Ben Carson though....I love crazy black conservatives like him and Kanye !

Old 10-18-2018, 12:23 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
White heterosexual men do rule our country....

old white men at that !

America has a population of 320 Million...

Blacks make up 45 Million of our population...

Hispanics are 50 Million...which makes the two dominant minorities 1 out of every 3 Americans yet we have a Trump administration that doesn't reflect the populace.

I'm still trying to figure out where to put Ben Carson though....I love crazy black conservatives like him and Kanye !
It's not old whites' fault that most of the young and "diverse" are extreme left wingers.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:37 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Nope. Major Metro area. Never seen a woman laborer on a construction crew. Never hired a crew that had a woman. Never seen a woman on a scaffold, or on a High voltage line. Never called a plumber or any other tradesperson, and had a woman show up.

Why is that?
How would you react if you did?

Old 10-18-2018, 01:39 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
You are the one who made the argument.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Why should we care about men's past contributions? IDK, but that's what I was initially responding to. I'm personally more interested in the present and future.
Why shouldn't we?

Most of the world was still built by men and this includes even a lot of the laws that protect you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies