Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 05:40 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Guatemala Mexico Border

"Report- 100 Isis terrorists caught in Guatemala"

It's become a wait station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 05:51 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
That is what you do not get, many who support Mr Trump’s efforts don’t think him particularly charismatic, rather we find him effective. In your face honest, also.

Overthrow of democracy? Laughable, especially since we have never, ever been a democracy. Our Constitution, federalist system of government and judicial system is more than sufficient to stop anything like you suggest. A democracy would crumble easily in the face of a changing wind. Just more hyperbolic, sky is falling rhetoric from la resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Yeah. You re following your pure charismatic leader into the overthrow of democracy in America.
We totally get it. Never fear.

Old 10-21-2018, 07:35 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
The indicted exist.

We sent documents regarding our s and our neighbors voter information to the FBI regarding voter fraud just from.our small town.
Claims on these documents stated one of our family members did not vote....its false and out there.
And ohohoh politicians are involved in purging voter rolls if you've not voted for a certain period of time.

Its collusion all right. 8 years in the making.
The minority party in the US needs such an unfair advantage to EVER win.
Still waiting to see the person who's vote was swayed by "Russian interference."

And still nothing from Mooler.

Old 10-21-2018, 07:49 AM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
These are the people (mobs) democrats are praying make it to America and will help them get here if possible.
Just like the democrats that they will become in America, they disrespect law and order.......
Funny thing, if these people get to the US, I wonder how many poor democrat voters will realize before it's too late that these immigrants will be placed in their neighborhood, taking over their welfare and minimum wage jobs and will not be going to the wealthy white neighborhoods that they were hoping for?

Old 10-21-2018, 07:51 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
If the caravan gets to the U.S. Border, they should be met by the Border Patrol, and U.S. Army/National Guard. They can turn around, and be dealt with by the Mexicans.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
- Mexico sent forces down to stop them at their border

- Mexico is refusing to grant them transit travel visas

- Hondorus and Guatemala have sent buses up to bring their people back

Why? Trump said he was yanking aid if they didn’t help put a stop to it and they know he’ll actually do it. Trump told Mexico he would trash trade agreements and they know he’ll actually do it. They know news headlines painting him as an unfeeling, harsh, orange grinch will not make a bit of difference to him, unlike every other American or Western European leader he doesn’t care about his image. I tip my hat to Trump, he has handled this the right way so far.

Oh, yeah, one other reason they are returning home: whoever was funding them realized instead of this being a weapon to shame Trump, and by proxy Republicans, it’s actually making him look good. I imagine the magical financial support is drying up.
I'm a Trump supporter, but I highly doubt Trump had anything to do with the about face. Rumor mill going around in my area (which has a large influx of legal Mexican immigrants) is that the caravan and Mexican leaders got a threat from the drug cartels that pretty much run the Mexico government. The USA is the drug cartels biggest customer, and they can't risk a high immigration like this to upset that balance, so they did their own negotiations to get the caravan going back to where they came from.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If objecting to the wall, the internal enforcement of our immigration laws and advocating for amnesty and sanctuary cities is not wanting illegal immigration then I don't know what is. So what lies of Trump are you speaking of? The aforementioned are just the facts!
Not to mention democrat politicians like Andre Gillium of Florida are calling for abolishing ICE, it seems to me that the democrats are for open borders.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Because they know and are likely being told, that there is no immigration enforcement thanks to democrats. Democrats won't allow all these people to be detained and/or removed .
But that makes no sense! Who is telling them that.

Democrats aren't in office and haven't been able to stop this administration from deporting folks -- even those that had previously acquired legal status.

It makes no sense -- no matter how you try to justify it -- it doesn't.

My 28 year old son, with an amazing job. He has lived here for 20 years and counting. The last time he was coming back to USA from a visit out of country -- he was told he should get his citizenship because it will get tougher for him -- even with a green card.

There are so many stories of legal residents having issues.

There is no way these people think that there are open borders waiting for them.

In fact they now know there may be armed guards -- and there is nothing the Democrats can do but jump up and down and rant and rave.

That's not going to get them into the country.

Nope -- this has nothing to do with any left leaning American group advocating for compassion to refugees or illegal residents.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Not to mention democrat politicians like Andre Gillium of Florida are calling for abolishing ICE, it seems to me that the democrats are for open borders.
They are calling for abolishing the EXISTING ICE and reestablishing a new agency.

That doesn't mean they are calling for a complete abolishing of immigration controls.

But I know that might be a bit complicated for some to understand.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:04 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
They are calling for abolishing the EXISTING ICE and reestablishing a new agency.

That doesn't mean they are calling for a complete abolishing of immigration controls.

But I know that might be a bit complicated for some to understand.
Why abolish one agency, only to create another with the same purpose? I don't think you're correct. I just think they want OPEN BORDERS, and for the U.S. to lose its Sovereignty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies