Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 08:55 PM

131 posts, read 54,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Let me ask you this, how heartless and xenophobic do you have to be to refuse to even hear from or let refugees in?

Anyone who believes we should shut our borders and meet these poor, tired refugees with military might is VERY heartless and xenohobic indeed. They have every right as YOUR ancestors did to seek asylum in America.
Back then my ancestor came here and worked and didn't wave the Italian flag around and he was checked to see if he had any diseases.

There wasn't any welfare here. This Xenophobic thing is beyond stupid. I am thinking about the contraband and crime and my tax dollars. It's not fair that they get free medical care and prescriptions and foodstamps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 08:56 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
It's election time and Trump needs a boogeyman, something to scare his supporters out to the polls. This caravan is the new boogeyman for the moment, they are coming to get you, be afraid, be very afraid.

Really? So he orchestrated this caravan to get the same voters back to the polls who already voted for him and most other Republicans in the past? Do you guys even read what you post?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-01-2018 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: Inflammatory

Old 10-31-2018, 08:59 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
It's election time and Trump needs a boogeyman, something to scare his supporters out to the polls. This caravan is the new boogeyman for the moment, they are coming to get you, be afraid, be very afraid.
This.

This caravan has been a yearly thing for almost a decade and was a not an issue until Trump needed to stir up his base. Now he has his followers believing it is a massive invasion.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:05 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
The Honduran newspaper has already commented that a bunch of armed "maras" from El Salvador (which is where the MS in MS-13 comes from) were paying women in the caravan to go along as part of their "family." So it's pretty much common knowledge that at least some armed gang members are there.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:06 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Let me ask you this, how heartless and xenophobic do you have to be to refuse to even hear from or let refugees in?

Anyone who believes we should shut our borders and meet these poor, tired refugees with military might is VERY heartless and xenohobic indeed. They have every right as YOUR ancestors did to seek asylum in America.
Mexico has offered these refugees help and jobs yet they still want to make there way up here? If they really need this assistance, why are they rejecting what Mexico has offered??

Old 10-31-2018, 09:06 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingojut76 View Post
Now I believe not all liberals are for the caravan.

What makes you think that the caravan are unarmed?
Do you think they are carrying contraband? And hiding it in baby strollers?
Why do you feel it's right to let them in if your tax dollars are sending aide there?
And what do you think will happen if we keep letting the caravans in?
Do you think it's right to give them free medical care and foodstamps and all?
Do you think Trump should let them in and put them in Los angeles's or Chicago? Or the suburbs?

Do you still think it's right to invade and occupy other countries and secure their border and not ours?
Unarmed? I don't know one way or the other.
Contraband? How would I know?

I don't feel that it's right to let them in--our resources are already stretched and a lot of US citizens don't even want to help other Americans. We should help Americans first.
Keep letting them in? We won't have a country anymore. But I'm all for LEGAL immigration.

No. No one thinks it's okay for free medical care, food stamps, etc.
Last silly question: is that a yes or a no?

Liberals don't want open borders. We do not want illegals but we have the compassion to let some of these people in IF they truly do quality for asylum. However, we are being conned by many of the illegals and we cannot afford to support them. This is not the land of milk and honey that they think it is.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:10 PM

11,262 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Let me ask you this, how deceptive do liberals have to be to pretend they actually care less about these people beyond their (or their offsprings) potential to be future democrat voters.

Quote:
No one WANTS to use the military. If they were even remotely intelligent they would do what most asylum seekers do, and seek asylum in the first non oppressive country they flee or travel to. They do not walk through three other countries while waving the flag of their country and pounding their fists and chanting. This is an invading horde and nothing more. Don't you dare compare them to the people that came through Ellis Island.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:18 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Quote:
Does that make Hillary a witch?

Old 10-31-2018, 09:22 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Does that make Hillary a witch?
She is out of power and out of sight, and it's Halloween, she can be whatever you want her to be.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:32 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Let me ask you this, how deceptive do liberals have to be to pretend they actually care less about these people beyond their (or their offsprings) potential to be future democrat voters.

No one WANTS to use the military. If they were even remotely intelligent they would do what most asylum seekers do, and seek asylum in the first non oppressive country they flee or travel to. They do not walk through three other countries while waving the flag of their country and pounding their fists and chanting. This is an invading horde and nothing more. Don't you dare compare them to the people that came through Ellis Island.
Both sides have courted hispanic immigrants. They are after all pretty socially conservative and religious in the demographics. And they're a growing segment of the population even if you cut off all immigration.

Some here have expressed wanting to use the military. Outright calling for bombing runs on the caravan.

They are coming to officially seek asylum. They're not going to be able to invade the US border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies