Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 03:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,621,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There has always been illegal aliens crossing the border and the only difference today is that the media is hyping it to try to cast Trump as the bad guy and the Dems are using these poor people as political pawns.

Under Obama the illegal crossings were ignored because there was nothing to gain politically in calling attention to them.

Does anyone think it is odd that this large group has set out to arrive at our border right before the midterms?

I hope this strategy backfires on the Dems just as the Kavanugh circus did and Granny Warren sharing her DNA.

There is a right way and a wrong way to immigrate to America and the Dems don't care.
Obama was a master at deporting illegals.

That said - of course there are border crossings; there always have been. Though it continues to drop except for an uptick last year.

What I SAID was - I don't recall caravans of 4000 people arriving at once.

Did I miss it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 03:26 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,731,006 times
Are you sure its the Mexican border ? Honduras ?

They haven't made it to the Mexican border yet from what I've seen reported.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:30 PM

30,455 posts, read 23,912,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

Yes, they have. They crashed it after Mexican police threw some tear gas at them and then retreated.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:32 PM

25,709 posts, read 17,481,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There has always been illegal aliens crossing the border and the only difference today is that the media is hyping it to try to cast Trump as the bad guy and the Dems are using these poor people as political pawns.

Under Obama the illegal crossings were ignored because there was nothing to gain politically in calling attention to them.

Does anyone think it is odd that this large group has set out to arrive at our border right before the midterms?

I hope this strategy backfires on the Dems just as the Kavanugh circus did and Granny Warren sharing her DNA.

There is a right way and a wrong way to immigrate to America and the Dems don't care.
Yeah. In fact, they encourage it. Just read the nitwit posts above.
Some media figures want everyone to believe that this parade just started spontaneously - you know, with no sponsor of any sort.

No, it's a statement. A test.
Few of them will reach the US. In the past they have been taken back to Mexico. Preparations are being made to take the ones who make it across back to Honduras. Gonna have to pay the coyote all over again.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:33 PM

12,091 posts, read 6,632,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

They are at the southern Mexico-Guatemala border.
They’ve already made it through Guatemala.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:34 PM

7,101 posts, read 6,025,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump lies about the whole issue and spreads conspiracy theories.

CD writers pick it up and run with it. Hoping it goes viral.
What conspiracy theory are you talking about? Where did he spread it? On Twitter? Perhaps I've missed it somehow.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,621,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yeah. In fact, they encourage it. Just read the nitwit posts above.
Some media figures want everyone to believe that this parade just started spontaneously - you know, with no sponsor of any sort.

No, it's a statement. A test.
Few of them will reach the US. In the past they have been taken back to Mexico. Preparations are being made to take the ones who make it across back to Honduras. Gonna have to pay the coyote all over again.
Soros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
What conspiracy theory are you talking about? Where did he spread it? On Twitter? Perhaps I've missed it somehow.
There is a conspiracy that the magical George Soros has sponsored this caravan.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:39 PM

30,455 posts, read 23,912,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Exactly, if I ran Mexico I would have air conditioned motor coaches to bring them north and then stand laughing as they filtered across the border.

trump and his moronic core of supporters just can’t figure out why a nation has no interest in helping you after two years of demonizing them.
What a stupid comment. It isn't about "helping Trump" JFC, it's about helping this country. You have no problems with disrespectful law breakers charging into your country - where you will get to pay for them just because you think "orange man bad".

More crime, more natural resources used up and abused - what happened to "climate change, you guyz, it's man made, you need to recycle and stop having so many babies" - scream for $15/hour - yet you all squeal in delight when hordes come over. What a great strategy, and no damn clue how it affects you, as well.

Illegal aliens do not just affect Republicans. The stupidity of this post cannot even be measured.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:42 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,706,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What a stupid comment. It isn't about "helping Trump" JFC, it's about helping this country. You have no problems with disrespectful law breakers charging into your country - where you will get to pay for them just because you think "orange man bad".

More crime, more natural resources used up and abused - what happened to "climate change, you guyz, it's man made, you need to recycle and stop having so many babies" - scream for $15/hour - yet you all squeal in delight when hordes come over. What a great strategy, and no damn clue how it affects you, as well.

Illegal aliens do not just affect Republicans. The stupidity of this post cannot even be measured.
As a Democrat I'm really disgusted by anyone in favor of illegals. And you're right - they are gleeful in the thought of them entering as though political earworms have eaten away their brains.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:45 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,422,801 times
In a hurry to cast a their vote in midterm elections I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies