Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 05:41 PM

26,661 posts, read 28,737,357 times

Advertisements

I read that Mexican churches are helping them. They are providing food, maybe even handing out money to buy food. And Mexican citizens honk their horns at them in support.

Trump can't withhold funding from these countries. That's the job of Congress. Trump probably can't do anything except talk. I can't stand the man but can't he negotiate something with Mexico?

Last edited by in_newengland; 10-22-2018 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 05:43 PM

63,014 posts, read 29,223,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
How will Central American invasion of the southern border effect the election?

Doesn't look like an invasion to me.

The Bay of Pigs, that was an invasion. Normandy, that was an invasion. Russian hacking, that was an invasion.

What we are seeing here is a bunch of hungry and scared people fleeing danger.

I an sure if they were Norwegians Trump would have no problem with them.

Buy a dictionary! An invasion is an unwanted and uninvited intrusion.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:57 PM

23,767 posts, read 12,650,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So what is he going to do? Have the troops open fire on a bunch of unarmed civilians? That would go over really well.
Who is saying they are unarmed? Please provide proof that they are unarmed, you state as a fact that they are unarmed so surely you have the proof of it.

It would stand to reason that some, maybe many, may have guns. Others may be armed with different types of weapons, even things like a bat or a chain can be used as weapon.
I can't see, and wouldn't agree to our troops firing the first shot. But, if the invaders fire the first shot(s) I would agree to the troops doing what is necessary to defend themselves .. wouldn't you, or would you be fine with our troops being mowed down without responding? Why would you be fine with that???

Old 10-22-2018, 06:00 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,515,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Are those 20k traipsing through the US just to get to Mexico? no--so your phony outrage can stop right there
NO the U.S. allowed them to traipse through The U.S. to get to Canada, so your phony comparison to the U.S. being unfairly treated by Mexico allowing them to arrive at your border is just that …..phony.

We agree, they should have been stopped.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:01 PM

30,312 posts, read 23,789,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
It's about 1,500 miles from Guatemala to the U.S. border.

Takes at least 3 months to walk that far. They just crossed the Guatemala border a few days ago.

The midterm elections are what, two weeks from now?
They are being driven. There's plenty of photos and video showing that they are being driven up here on flatbeds, in trucks - they aren't walking the entire way.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:02 PM

764 posts, read 393,712 times
All this was started by Soros. They will not come in. Unlike their country we are lawful. Soros should be deported from our country, period!

Old 10-22-2018, 06:05 PM

30,312 posts, read 23,789,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
How will Central American invasion of the southern border effect the election?

Doesn't look like an invasion to me.

The Bay of Pigs, that was an invasion. Normandy, that was an invasion. Russian hacking, that was an invasion.

What we are seeing here is a bunch of hungry and scared people fleeing danger.

I an sure if they were Norwegians Trump would have no problem with them.
BS. They are neither hungry nor scared. They are being well fed. They are being paid. They are being trucked up here. Scared? Really. Did that look like "fear" to you when they tore down the fences at the Mexican border? That wasn't fear. MSM is lying to you.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:06 PM

23,767 posts, read 12,650,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
NO the U.S. allowed them to traipse through The U.S. to get to Canada, so your phony comparison to the U.S. being unfairly treated by Mexico allowing them to arrive at your border is just that …..phony.
We did? Can you show an article, youtube vid, anything, that shows a group of 20k traipsing through the US to Canada?

Old 10-22-2018, 06:07 PM

764 posts, read 393,712 times
They have nice clothes, CELL PHONES and do not look underfed or tired. They are being driven, DUH We really should deport Soros to Hundoras. DID ANYONE SEE THEY WERE GIVING OUT MONEY TO THEM!!! HOLY MOLEY. This is an assault on our country.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:12 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,730,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
This thread is where the "Illegal Immigration" and "Election" forums meet, so I'll put this here.

The mass of Central American wannabe illegal immigrants is winding up through Mexico. By the time it hits the boarder, the Midterms will be happening, or about to be. How is this going to play in the elections?

Personally I think it helps the Republicans. I think it shows the need for more border security and better internal security to find and deport illegal. I think this is going to rile up voters who care about this, and get some who are neutral to start caring.
I think that it will be perceived as lawlessness and disrespect from other countries. They could have easily sought refuge in Mexico, yet they refused. Trump is using this to full effect which riles his base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies