Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 10:22 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times

Advertisements

Here's the whole internal memo.

Quote:
Dear colleagues,

We wanted to take this opportunity to inform you that FOX News is taking ample precautions on the security front in our New York headquarters given the suspicious package found at CNN this morning. We condemn all attempted acts of violence against media organizations and our thoughts are with CNN for the safety of all of their employees.

We have met with our security team and are treating this with extra vigilance. All of the usual security protocols are already in place, some of which include roving patrols around the perimeter of the building, along with every incoming package being x-rayed and screened, which is a precaution taken by our mailroom on a daily basis.

The safety of all our employees is our number one priority and we work to ensure that here every day. As always, if you see something suspicious, please contact the security operations center at 3911 or 212-301-3911.

Thank you,

Kevin
Now you see why the source material wasn't referenced by the OP. Too many inconvenient details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 10:27 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I already gave you the proof. Maybe you should look at your screen closer?
Your first 2 links didn't mention FOX, the 3rd had subscription stuff pop up....so I'll pass.

Explain exactly where you've proven your claim.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:34 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Your first 2 links didn't mention FOX, the 3rd had subscription stuff pop up....so I'll pass.

Explain exactly where you've proven your claim.
I don't know why you can't see all the links I posted of FOX not condemning violence against the media. Are all your drivers up to date?

Old 10-24-2018, 10:36 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Quote:
I don't know why you can't see all the links I posted of FOX not condemning violence against the media. Are all your drivers up to date?
Links of FOX not doing something? Are you hearing yourself?

Old 10-24-2018, 10:47 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Links of FOX not doing something? Are you hearing yourself?
You get some points for at least recognizing the fallacy, even if everything else went over your head. Do you see any links to that thing that doesn't exist in this thread?

Old 10-25-2018, 05:41 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Except when a Republican tries to throw a reporter off a balcony...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ny-cong...er-after-sotu/

Or a Republican tackles and punches a reporter ...
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-montana-video

Or a Republican calls reporters the "enemy of the people..."
https://www.ft.com/content/864244d8-...1-e5de165fa619

Other than that, Fox condemns acts of violence against the media...

You are REALLY reaching!

Old 10-25-2018, 06:22 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Fox News angers Liberals because they can't stand hearing the truth. Touches a nerve, huh?

Old 10-25-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I only see 3 links in your first post and none of them are to Fox, if there are more and my computer isn't spotting it then that's our disconnect for sure.

Keep in mind, I don't generally doubt that Fox is going to downplay bad actions by repubs I've seen it before and it's not just unique to them to skew an article.

Editorial control and decision to promote or not an article is something I've personally noted before about our corporate media. I'm a CNN viewer and I've noted how they'll take a non-violent story about a white woman yelling at a nail salon owner and make it a national news item.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Fox News angers Liberals because they can't stand hearing the truth. Touches a nerve, huh?
Fox has a bias, CNN has a bias, MSNBC has a bias......they're all for profit corporations with target audiences. Now sure, if a plane crashes in Iowa they'll all run the same story but if an illegal kills 4 in a car crash Fox will generally promote it nationally while the others generally won't....vice versa for a story with other political leanings.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
They need a boogeyman - somebody to blame for everything that goes wrong in their lives. The list so far:

The media
The Clintons
Immigrants, both legal AND illegal
The Clintons
The EU
The Clintons
Democrats
The Clintons
Liberals
The Clintons
Obama

Last edited by carterstamp; 10-26-2018 at 07:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies