Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 08:36 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,922,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
It's okay if you call her a "child bride". Words have power.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:37 PM

17,358 posts, read 12,315,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Are you defending old men having sex with children???
Where do you get that? Just stated what the courts ruled.

"In 2011, as a result of these statements, the applicant was convicted of disparagement of religious precepts pursuant to Article 188 of the Criminal Code. She was sentenced to pay a fine of EUR 480, or serve 60 days of imprisonment in the event of default. The domestic courts made a distinction between child marriages and paedophilia. In their opinion, by accusing Muhammad of paedophilia, the applicant had merely sought to defame him, without providing evidence that his primary sexual interest in Aisha had been her not yet having reached puberty or that his other wives or concubines had been similarly young. In particular, the applicant had disregarded the fact that the marriage with Aisha had continued until the Prophet’s death, when she had already turned eighteen and had therefore passed the age of puberty"

Old 10-26-2018, 08:40 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,235,203 times
Quote:
Yes, but Hitler and the Nazis were VERY closely allied with the Islamists......Nazis were leftists and the left remains just as enamored of Islamists.
Yah, it was just about expediency and the premise that the enemy of my enemy is my friend, I think.

The Islamists had the courage of their convictions....they still do, that's why they're out there engaging in hijrah and jihad and blowing stuff up and cutting the throats and heads of infidels.

I think Hitler admired people who had the courage of their convictions, ever since being appalled by the treasonous and/or cowardly acts of those who agreed to the armistice that ruined Germany.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:43 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,235,203 times
Quote:
Are you defending old men having sex with children???
That's the Progressive way..any perversion of normal sexuality is good and should be celebrated as some kind of human right.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:47 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,617,168 times
I included something here and now I'm taking it out ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Then its a defective ruling. Lots of pedophiles have relationships with people their own age. Tons of them, in fact....many, perhaps most, are married.
About Half of US States Set No Minimum Age for Marriage
"If you thought child marriage didn’t exist in the United States, think again."
Cultures changes over time. When my grandmother, born in the late 1800's didn't marry until age 18, she was thought, by her siblings to be an 'old maid', as they married young and had had their children by age 16.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
That's the Progressive way..any perversion of normal sexuality is good and should be celebrated as some kind of human right.
Well this is more looking at ancient times with a modern filter. Child brides were a more common thing across cultures then and still not eradicated today. In this case, something that (classic)progressive thought is doing away with what had been old largely religious norms.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Where do you get that? Just stated what the courts ruled.

"In 2011, as a result of these statements, the applicant was convicted of disparagement of religious precepts pursuant to Article 188 of the Criminal Code. She was sentenced to pay a fine of EUR 480, or serve 60 days of imprisonment in the event of default. The domestic courts made a distinction between child marriages and paedophilia. In their opinion, by accusing Muhammad of paedophilia, the applicant had merely sought to defame him, without providing evidence that his primary sexual interest in Aisha had been her not yet having reached puberty or that his other wives or concubines had been similarly young. In particular, the applicant had disregarded the fact that the marriage with Aisha had continued until the Prophet’s death, when she had already turned eighteen and had therefore passed the age of puberty"
Yes, and this is a Dilbert-meets-Kafka court whose rulings are usually insane.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, and this is a Dilbert-meets-Kafka court whose rulings are usually insane.
Yeah, they seem to have made the glaring error that a pedophile doesn't have to only be attracted to children just as someone with a redhead fetish could still get it on with a blonde. Though they effectively just say she fails to provide enough proof.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah, they seem to have made the glaring error that a pedophile doesn't have to only be attracted to children just as someone with a redhead fetish could still get it on with a blonde. Though they effectively just say she fails to provide enough proof.
And is it okay that they insanely tell her to provide more "proof" about a historical event 1,500 years old?? Or go to jail?

Old 10-26-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
And is it okay that they insanely tell her to provide more "proof" about a historical event 1,500 years old?? Or go to jail?
Not in my book, but they run by a different book over there they have agreed to as a society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies