Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 05:41 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times

Advertisements

I found it very strange watching the chaos that were the Brett Kavanaugh hearings. I kept hearing people say things like "why would she lie?" Well, apparently three of the people who have made accusations have fully admitted that they lied and one has said that her lawyer Michael Avenatti grossly misrepresented her story.

It was obvious to me. This was an 11th hour smear to try and stop a Supreme Court confirmation. No allegations were brought forward that had a snowball's chance in hell of being corroborated. The insane lengths that Democrats were willing to go in order to thwart the Republicans was beyond disgusting. "Forget about discussing his judicial record, let's make up a bunch of crap about him raping and such.." It really did drag the political discourse in this country farther into the toilet. Countless people in the country won't bother following the fallout and follow-up. They will forever remember Kavanaugh as "that guy who drugged and gang raped women all through college, got away with it and somehow got to be a Supreme Court justice anyways." I honestly hope that the Republicans have the good sense to be just as underhanded and ruthless the next time the Democrats are in power and are trying to confirm a Supreme Court nominee. Partisan politics makes you stupid and I honestly don't think they'll fully get it until it smacks them in the face just as brutally.

And it's funny how all the hysterical protest just disappeared the instant the man was confirmed. And I wouldn't even say I'm a huge fan of Brett Kavanaugh. I think there were better options. The bigger question in my mind: Are there still Democrats out there who insist that no woman would lie about rape for political reasons?? It's been proven that at least four people did exactly that. They've admitted to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thD-NxQCKsQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 06:04 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Those women have set feminist relations back 50 years, deliberately lying and making false accusations against a man for purely political purposes.

Good job, Demmies. Now we know whose side you're on. And it clearly isn't the women's side.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:11 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
False accusations of rape are not an epidemic

Old 11-03-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Clearly, they are a big problem in this instance. I'm not talking about every other -- but this mess certainly does hurt the credibility of "listen and believe" rhetoric.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:32 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
does it need to reach an epidemic status before it's a problem?
nope.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:38 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Pretty much every caught rapist ever says they didn't do it.
Almost every plaintiff is telling the truth.

But you want to discredit the victims bc a couple people lied?
Ok.
But every rapist lies...

Old 11-03-2018, 06:39 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Cept Kavenaughs own social calendar placed him at each location....as he revealed this calendar After these women spoke. What type of continuation of the matter did you expect to see after the alleged serial sexual predator was placed is a seat of untouchable-ness.? Seated in such a desirable position by one who is also ,on personal testimony ,of being a serial sexual predator...

Old 11-03-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Cept Kavenaughs own social calendar placed him at each location....as he revealed this calendar After these women spoke. What type of continuation of the matter did you expect to see after the alleged serial sexual predator was placed is a seat of untouchable-ness.? Seated in such a desirable position by one who is also ,on personal testimony ,of being a serial sexual predator...
Four of the five accusers that I'm aware of have either admitted that everything they said was an outright lie or their story was massively misreported by their lawyer.

I'm a realist. I know there are people who are absolutely terrified that Brett Kavanaugh will be the vote that will kill Roe vs Wade. I don't think that's the case, but some people wholeheartedly believe it's true. There women who would be willing to die to stop that from happening. But not willing to lie? We already know for a fact that most of them lied. And all the accusers were Leftists and political activists or at least very political. Coincidence? Do you honestly still believe any of the accusations? Why would you? Only your own political bias would have you still believing in this crap.

Does it take somebody like me who hates both parties to see this crap for what it is? And I promise I'll be happy to call it out when the Republicans do the same thing -- because I know that Republicans are just as crazy in their own ways.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Guilty by association. Got it.

How about I spread vicious rumours about you?

Old 11-03-2018, 09:37 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Guilty by association. Got it.

How about I spread vicious rumours about you?
No. He claims he s not associated , but only with , "Chrissy" , as he called her...guilty by self incrimination .
He was there. And he lied about it. Why?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-04-2018 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Trump is NOT the topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies