Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 09:44 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

The proof is in. Fox News is leftwing media supporting CNN & will file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court.

Fox News takes the side of CNN to support anarchy in the WH briefing room. They clearly want to allow WH press to violate norms of conduct, standards of protocol, and any amount of disruption they can produce and be unimpeded and uncontrolled in the peoples house.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-be-weaponized

“Fox News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court. Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:45 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
They just want to make certain they will not be kept out when a Democrat is in the WH.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:53 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
You've got to be a special kind of crazy to think Fox News is a left-wing media outlet.

What does that tell you about people who actually believe it?

All we can do is pray for them
True. Also. MM right below me makes a very valid point. The Dems will win at some point.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:53 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I applaud Fox News for this, but on the other hand, I'm not sure if I agree with the suit in general.

I'll have to get caught up on my news reading first.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-14-2018, 09:55 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
They clearly want to allow WH press to violate norms of conduct, standards of protocol, and any amount of disruption they can produce and be unimpeded and uncontrolled in the peoples house.
FOX clearly believes that a President can bar someone from the press briefings, but also clearly believes that such action must follow the law & procedures. Trump in a fit of pique didn't.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:04 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
phma, what is going on with you lately?! You start this new thread today attacking Fox News.

Yet just two days ago, YOU started this new thread with a video link to Fox News, citing them as a credible news source.

Link to thread created by PHMA on Monday: The Real News not getting much coverage, Another Obama lie exposed, China blinks (Thx Mr. Trump), and the ozone is mendi

phma, you're going back and forth here, bud. Which is it? Is Fox News "real news?" Or is Fox News a leftwing media outlet? Because you've contradicted yourself with this post and the post you created just two days ago.

I'm not attacking Fox News at all. They are what they are. I'm simple pointing it out.

They are still the only network offering a semblance of balanced opinion and some news but that doesn't make them a rightwing media source. Management is off camera and they support the same positions on media as any other leftwing source.

Last edited by phma; 11-14-2018 at 10:12 AM..

Old 11-14-2018, 10:07 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Why does the press think they are royalty? They are just doing a job like anyone else and can be fired or banned from an area just like anyone else can for their lack of civil behavior.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:08 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The proof is in. Fox News is leftwing media supporting CNN & will file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court.

Fox News takes the side of CNN to support anarchy in the WH briefing room. They clearly want to allow WH press to violate norms of conduct, standards of protocol, and any amount of disruption they can produce and be unimpeded and uncontrolled in the peoples house.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-be-weaponized

“Fox News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court. Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized.
It's only "left wing" to someone on the Alt-Right.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:09 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
They just want to make certain they will not be kept out when a Democrat is in the WH.
Actually, that's a very good motivation. Protecting your competitor's rights is one of the main ways to protect your own. Honest people do that.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:09 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Why does the press think they are royalty? They are just doing a job like anyone else and can be fired or banned from an area just like anyone else can for their lack of civil behavior.
He was civil. Trump is uncivil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies